FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
small wood carving from France. 2014 update... P 45
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 09:29 am   Permalink

You're on FIRE!! Great carves going there. And I have been waiting for the right piece of wood, to do one of those Easter Island figurines as well.(forgot the name of it, I'm at work, don't have a book to go look it up quick!)

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 11:32 am   Permalink

WOW, J.,

Amazing what you did with this beautiful wood that I know you will not stain
Perfect work.
Love the beast too, how did you drill the holes for the paua ?

B.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 12:36 pm   Permalink

What reference book are you using? What a great start and sequence shots. Looks like hard to carve walnut. can't wait to see the progress on this very detailed guy. Keep up the great work and happy carving.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 7:15 pm   Permalink

Looking Great! and what fine looking hunk of wood.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 05:38 am   Permalink

Thank's for the comps dear TC'ers!

CChimp:I appreciate your compliments and sorry to put no more pics but they are faster than wood carving.

Surfintiki: You're on fire too! The moai kavakava take some delay, I've full work this week and I prepare an other piece for the hewey's swap, dead line end of june!

Benella: Thank you, soon you will know all my secret techniques...

Tiki lizard: Thank's for reply, I've not full own book of reference but I live in a town where libraries are well supplied. Walnut is very easy to carve compare with pink ivory (density 990 kg/m3!)

Seeksurf: Thank's for the comp pole caver!

Last weekend I finally took the time to arrange the workshop, is the first time he arranged for over 2 years since we live here:

But this sort of thing never lasts...

Have a good day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 09:47 am   Permalink

Nice shop you have there.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bagauda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-07 12:39 pm   Permalink

waouh! l'atelier
t'est d'ou en lorraine moi j viens de longwy!
si t'a un blog j'vais aller le voir
salut a plus.

View Profile of bagauda Send a personal message to bagauda  Email bagauda Goto the website of bagauda     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 1:59 pm   Permalink

Luv the shop pictures. Nice place you have.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rainhawk
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-07 6:47 pm   Permalink

HOSH!

Is that pink ivory wood?!? I have worked with pink/blue/spekled ivory. But not ivory woods. cool mang

LOL your polisher looks exactly the same as my old one! Awsome studio.

View Profile of Rainhawk Send a personal message to Rainhawk  Goto the website of Rainhawk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 9:41 pm   Permalink

Wow! you have a impressive shop.
What a joy that must bring.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 12:01 am   Permalink

Hey Ya !
I'm with Seek, great shop !
I see an almost prepared log, so I hope to see some serious deep cuts really soon
Learning all your secrets will take a while

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 11:31 am   Permalink

jerome, great work space you have. the first 2 photos look good but it's tooo clean. last shot looks great with all the wood flying. hope to see some more of your great work.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 2:48 pm   Permalink

What a great workspace...I'm jealous. Looks like you have plenty of space to stretch out and work on all kinds of projects at once. Great first cuts on the Moai Kavakava too - I can't wait to see some more progress on him. I've been wanting to make one for a long time now but I'm not ready yet!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-14 1:46 pm   Permalink

Hi TC'ers

Thank you very much everyone (Tmec/bagauda/bigT/Rainhawk/Seeksurf/Benno/BD/Paipo) for the kind word about my workshop... But this pictures is possible once a year! Today is already an incredible mess, with log just begining, bikes, baby chair, furniture in progress, pieces of machine for repair, and and and.....

Bagauda: MP sous peu, a+
Rainhawk: pink Ivory is the common name for a tree south african , "berchemya zehery" for the botanist. Your terrific video, inspire me. I've find a hunk of bone, also maybe I will try one day...
Paipo: Your comment for kava kava has been very valuable, and for the workshop do not be jealous: he's nice but too far of beach and océan...

This week the Moai KavaKava has progress slowly (no pics, sorry), and the little beast, in fact a free interpretation of manaia is finished:

front

back, tail folded

My wife noticed it made me look like a drawing by Roland Topor

actually, she was right

pictures from the animation movie "la planete sauvage" by René Laloux and Roland Topor, 1973.

Have a nice day!

Jérôme.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-14 11:42 pm   Permalink

Excellent work on the Topor style pink ivory Manaia !

Benjamin.

[ This Message was edited by: benella 2009-05-14 23:42 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation