FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki velvet paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
velvet paintings
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-09 4:00 pm   Permalink

This was found today...

Another villager painting. This one has great detail and was done well. Artist signed F.T Chung, no date.

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-09 7:19 pm   Permalink

Really like this...it's nicely done for sure. Great find.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amadscientist

Posted: 2009-10-16 2:19 pm   Permalink

Hello again. Sorry that I have not kept up with things but I had other matters in life and I needed to upload images to flickr to retain copyright on further images for the family.

But I found the Zombie Hut Menus, both lunch and dinner and have uploaded the entire dinner menu to flickr along with a VERY rare image that was found inside the menu along with a stack of original Zombie Hut stationary.

I was asked by a member here if I had any images of paintings on the wall. That was found inside the menu and shows an Ed Leeteg painting. While it's not the best photo (zoomed and cropped) you can see the image and style well enough. If anyone can recognize the painting, let me know!

Mark

Image is copyrighted. All Rights reserved. By linking this image to this site via Photobucket, permission is granted for the limited use here on this site and thread.

View Profile of Amadscientist Send a personal message to Amadscientist      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-16 2:31 pm   Permalink

Wow!! That's a great image of the interior. I'm not sure about the painting but what about that great mural. Almost looks like a Shroud of Turin image in the mountain. Thanks for posting a rare look inside of the restaurant.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Amadscientist

Posted: 2009-10-16 2:48 pm   Permalink

Yeah, you don't see stuff like this anymore. The mural really surpised my friend who grew up at the Restaurant. He said he didn't remember it.

I made a mistake on another post I should clear up. I said that the Zombie Hut had been remodeled at some point, and while that may still be true, it wasn't for my comment about the tiki mask on the floor. Turns out that there was a banquet room I believe. Separate from the main dinning room, where dancers performed nightly and tiki bar that was just off the main room. The image that is already here of the luau postcard is in the same room where the tiki mask is on the floor. I matched the door and wall from that photo with family photos.

View Profile of Amadscientist Send a personal message to Amadscientist      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-17 06:04 am   Permalink

I posted my velvet over two years ago way back on page one. I never got around to posting a pic of the signature. Now with all the information gathered by folks on collecting and finding velvets maybe someone can help me decipher it. I'm not sure of the age but it is a good size painting measuring 33" by 28". I hoping someone may recognize the artist painting style. Here's a pic from my original post and a closeup of the signature. Thanks.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heranui
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-05 3:18 pm   Permalink

I found this in 2004-05 at the Niles Antique Fair & Flea Market from a couple guys selling a bunch of stuff on a vacant lot. I really love this frame, the girl is ok there is a small tear but I don't mind because I got it really cheap. It measures 24"x37" including the frame. I've seen this same velvet in a picture of someones bar here on TC.(If you've never been to the Niles flea market the main street is filled with antique sellers and the back streets are full of yard sales, literally hundreds) I haven't been out on the main street in years.

View Profile of heranui Send a personal message to heranui      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki

Posted: 2009-11-08 6:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-26 15:17, leleliz wrote:
Not sure if everyone saw this on EBay. It just sold today for $180.27. The seller was out of Texas so I am not sure if any of you are that person-but great job on the auction if you are!

Regardless I really love this painting and wanted to post it here:

And the signature :

Hopperfonda is the seller's ID btw.

FYI this painting is based on Susan Bernard's Dec. 1966 playboy centerfold. She was also the victim in cult movie classic "Faster Pussy Cat! Kill! Kill!".

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-09 4:34 pm   Permalink

I found this today. Looks like a print on velvet. No signature...

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-23 01:16 am   Permalink

The girl with coconut IS a painting and not a print after all. Got her framed up already. I think I'm catching velvet fever. Gonna have to find more!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cowthief

Posted: 2009-12-24 08:53 am   Permalink

I received these from my neighbors wife after her husband passed away. He was in the merchant marines in the phillipines. I don't know much about them other than they are on velvet. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile of Cowthief Send a personal message to Cowthief      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-24 11:02 am   Permalink

I really love asian people velvets (or however you want to describe em!)

these look awesome!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-12-24 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-24 08:53, Cowthief wrote:
I received these from my neighbors wife after her husband passed away. He was in the merchant marines in the phillipines. I don't know much about them other than they are on velvet. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

They were painted by Ben Alano in Manila.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cowthief

Posted: 2009-12-24 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-24 11:13, GROG wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-24 08:53, Cowthief wrote:

They were painted by Ben Alano in Manila.

I sorta understood that from the authors name that I took a picture of. Anyone have idea of price, year they were painted, or sentimental value?

View Profile of Cowthief Send a personal message to Cowthief      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-02 10:02 am   Permalink

Found this today, my first velvet:

It's about 22" x 28"

Signed "Rodriguez Hawaii"

Only info I found on Rodriguez here on TC was from an old Bongfury post about her selling paintings under a banyan tree.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation