FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki velvet paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
velvet paintings
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 3:56 pm   Permalink

Hey, Jeff! Why haven't we seen more pics of your place. It looks killer. C'mon and share!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 7:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 15:56, Big Kahuna wrote:
Hey, Jeff! Why haven't we seen more pics of your place. It looks killer. C'mon and share!

Are you talking to me?...
Are you talking to me!...

If so, check out the carving post. I just picked up on an old thread about our modest hut and posted some pics.
K-GEOFF

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-15 05:39 am   Permalink

Found this one yesterday...

A nice velvet, but I need help with the signature?

Anyone??

Thanks,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 4:02 pm   Permalink

Found another nude today...

Artist signature is "Penlo". No date.

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 6:19 pm   Permalink

I want a velvet for my bar.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 9:42 pm   Permalink

Why do women (naked) look so great on velvet?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 1:52 pm   Permalink

Psycho Tiki,
That is a super cool painting! Great find! I'm seriously jealous! It looks like a photograph!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2008-11-12 13:53 ]

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-12 3:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Don't know much at all about the artist, but whoever painted this one did a great job. I agree about the "tan lines", not sure why the artist painted the woman this way, but it sure makes a great conversation piece.

I wish more people posted their velvets here!

PTD

Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-19 5:59 pm   Permalink

THe King On Velvet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXigfZGqsLM

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 3:55 pm   Permalink

Nice quintessential velvet Elvis, the King was never so vilified as to have his likeness smattered in the vogue of velvet artistry!

My weekend consisted of purging some of my baggage at the local flea market, so I was more on the disposal end of merchandising than acquiring more stuff, in fact, I sit surrounded by boxes of collectibles past I must dispose of via craigslist or Ebay...anyhow, I did make a small pass through the sellers, which were abundant, however void of any tiki I didn't already have to find this for $5.00...

I tend to stick with the serene village or nude velvets, if I didn't, I would be in BIG trouble. I always seem to have a difficult time discerning the name of the artist. I think this one is by an artist named C Haluna? The sticker on the back says it is from "Proctors, Livermore California". No date.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I am a purveyor of bad taste)!

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-24 5:26 pm   Permalink

PTD that one with the tan lines is cool....and speaking of velvet Elvis, here is a great new local tequila bar that features a dozen velvet Elvi on display and the curved ceiling.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-03 2:06 pm   Permalink

Did someone say Velvet Elvis? I have quite a few of them (I am kind of an addict) and these are my two new ones.

Excellent version of him crying :

This pretty much is my favorite piece so far. The pic doesn't do it justice. Just need a better frame:

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 12:48 pm   Permalink

here's the one off my wall ......

I think those palms are wondering what happened to their jungle, huh ?.....kind of a comment on all those carvings ! lol

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIVILLE 2008-12-19 12:49 ]

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-12 12:20 am   Permalink

Hello
Been looking around for a while on TC. First post here. We are still new to collecting, so here is our first velvet! Its 3D, huge, 50" x 28.
Its raised off the surface.

View Profile of spiked Send a personal message to spiked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-30 5:35 pm   Permalink

Picked up this velvet today...

Very simplistic in artwork, but I much liken it to my black light velvet poster days!

PTD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation