FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Book Signing at La Luz de Jesus Gallery - 7th March
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:54 am   Permalink

Congrats to Jay for an amazing book! And to Holden, too! Nice work fellas, it's a beauty - I spent some time with it on Sunday and was agahst at all the coolness I have not seen before. I don't have a lot of mugs and now I see what I've been missing out on. Tiki Ti was awesome as always, so nice to see all the cool kids and to meet some new peeps like Al-ii! Hi! You can definitely get lost in Wacko/La Luz. Yearbook signing was super fun! Met Sven for the first time! Hi! I'm sure I missed a few artists because I don't know their faces, but it was fun being a fangirl and standing on line for autographs! Haha! Squid has set the stage for the next wave in tiki; frogs and banjos. The Ghastly Ones were amazing as always, and The Bordello - what a superfantastic place. How cute were all those little ghoulie kids and baby punks? I had a blast ~ where are we going next?

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:56 am   Permalink

KINNY -That WAS a mug! Now quit trying to derail this thread or I'm calling your supervisor there at In-n Out.

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2009-03-09 10:56 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:59 am   Permalink

I felt better paying the books retail price at the Event....I'd rather support my local vendors than have them get less money thru Amazon sales. I counted 9 Mai Tai Swizzles in my pocket at the end of the night.....Thank god for our stop by the "Orginal" Tommys for some emergency cheese fries.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:16 am   Permalink

Damn!! I'm really bummed I had to miss this event and the opportunity to hang out with all you muggers that I know, and those that I haven't met yet....shit fire!

The Notch - Toe moment sounds priceless

Hopefully, I get to see all of you at Oasis? I want the book (I haven't seen yet) signed by all of you too.

Keep Slinging that Clay Boys!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-09 11:16, Babalu wrote:
Damn!! I'm really bummed I had to miss this event and the opportunity to hang out with all you muggers that I know, and those that I haven't met yet....shit fire!

The Notch - Toe moment sounds priceless

Hopefully, I get to see all of you at Oasis? I want the book (I haven't seen yet) signed by all of you too.

Keep Slinging that Clay Boys!!

That book's got a real purdy pikchure of yer Babaloon! I'm all teary-eyed and proud of ya!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:41 am   Permalink

[/quote]

That book's got a real purdy pikchure of yer Babaloon! I'm all teary-eyed and proud of ya!

[/quote]

Ohhh, stop....you'll get me all crying too

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-09 12:17 pm   Permalink

A night of hijinx, hilarity, and Ray's Mistakes. It was great meeting many of you for the first time and hanging with all the lunatics that I already know. The rest that I didn't get to meet or talk to, there is always Oasis.

Mahalo to Jay and Holden for hooking this whole thing up. And a special Mahalo to Cass for convincing us Norcal artists(Paperbag Mugkillers) to get off our collective okoles and make the trip to the beautifully smoggy socal. Looking forward to the next one...
-Falin

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-09 12:19 pm   Permalink

Well, after a very hung-over Sunday, I just want to say a very BIG THANK YOU to the five hundred or so good people who attended the book signing at La Luz. It was great to meet so many cool people from the Tiki community and to have so many of the mug makers and artists featured in the book all under one roof .......Bosko, Tiki Diablo, Cass aka Ocea Otica, Stuckie Munktiki, Crazy Al, Squid, Tiki tOny, Gotiki & Dani, The Pizz, Notch, Tiki Kaimuki, Miles Ona Tiki and, of course, Holden Westland who made the whole project come together (if I missed anyone out, please forgive me...it was a long weekend and the first coffee of the day hasn't kicked in yet :0) ). It also meant a lot to me to have two of the contributing photographers to the book present...the hardworking Jonpaul Balak and the one and only Sven Kirsten.
It was truly an honor to be with such a friendly , creative gathering and really made all the work on the book worthwhile. Special thanks to Billy and his staff at La Luz for coordinating and hosting the event, to Lee for his PR work, to Holden for organizing everything including those Trader Vic's Mai Tais, to Trader Vic's for donating said Mai Tais, to Brian Ill for filming the event and again, to all those who came along and made the evening so special. The Tiki community is truly unique. Mahalo ! Jay.

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-09 12:34 pm   Permalink

Congratz to everyone involved with this book. Got me a copy and it's beeeeautiful. Nice photography !!! Who did the shots ?

Just wanna say thanx to Big Tiki Dude for buying me that most excellent Lapu Lapu at the Ti - which got me "moderately hammered" as Squidly put it. jeff you're a bad influence !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-09 12:34, tikiyaki wrote:
Just wanna say thanx to Big Tiki Dude for buying me that most excellent Lapu Lapu at the Ti - which got me "moderately hammered" as Squidly put it. jeff you're a bad influence !

Jim,so you only had the one drink at Tiki Ti?
From what I read I thought you had gone back there after and drank more.
yes I am a bad influence, mwa hahahaha

I wanted to stay at La Luz longer,and hang out with all the tiki peeps, and go back over to Tiki Ti after,
but I was not going to miss the Ghastly Ones so close, and I'm glad I lef when we did(8:30 ish) as parking was a joke over there, and we found a place a ways away for free, without worry of towing.
The show was crazy packed and sorry to all of those who did not make it in.
it was a ton of fun, and I was tired just from watching Tiki Von Kiki dance all night,

The Book is amazing, and I realized that I Think 2 of my Spanish mugs that I got from Sven a few years back, are in there.
I had loaned them to JonPaul,(great job man,(and Sven)
and I forgot that he photo'd them.

by the way Pioneer was amazing, 3 piece meal, corn on the cob, biscuit,
great meal before having 3 tiki ti drinks. I went there while Ran(kick the reverb) got his new Flattop with fenders do redone at Sweeny Todd's barber shop next to Wacko.

Great day/night, I was beat and slept in till 12:15pm the next day.
I'm officially in the JonPaul late sleepers club now.
I Hadn't slept past 10 am in over 10 years.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-03-09 17:27 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:30 pm   Permalink

i officially deny anything u may have heard about my erratic behavior. in fact, i wasnt there that night.

if that WOULD have been me, i would be EXTREMELY embarassed for the "notch/gecko incident"

i am bitter that i didnt get a chance to assault mr muntiki with praise!

OK, i vaguely recall saying hi to Tiki Tony, which was cool...and then the veil of Mai Tais descended.

i think i owe Billy Shire an apology...

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:52 pm   Permalink

and you owe Kinny a night in the gutter,
unless your holding that part of the night back.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 8:42 pm   Permalink

Hi Gecko? is that Gecko? whats up Gecko!!LOL!!
I had a whole lot of fun at the book release and it was hecka cool hangin with the TC Ohana. The party was packed and Looked like everyone was having fun, some more than others. cool
And to tell ya the truth, I was WAISTED! Good Times I tell ya...GOOD TIME"S
And the book is AWESOME! Thanks to all that were involved in making this great book
=NOTCH=

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Don Brewski
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:44 pm   Permalink

Man! I missed a good one. I was out in Bakersfield meltin' metal and driving race cars...

WHOO!

Off topic- drove past a couple of old Tiki-poly-style apartment deals in Bako...

View Profile of Don Brewski Send a personal message to Don Brewski  Goto the website of Don Brewski     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:18 pm   Permalink

That was a blast! Complimentary Cocktails are always a problem for me, I remember talking to Jonpaul inside and then talking to Jonpaul outside as they closed the door gate behind us and not much else.

Here are a few pictures ~

Daves Not Sober.

Tiki Diablo carves out a signature for Tom Slick as Coco Joe looks on.

Nice guy, Nice guy, Nice guy, Nice guy.

Serious faces with Atomikitty and GROG!

Happy faces with Mrs. Tiki Diablo and GROG!

Wait a second... is Kirby wearing GROG's glasses? Oh that hilarious, right? WRONG!

Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass, Jackass.

Goodnight!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation