FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Tama - update
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tama - update
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 6:56 pm   Permalink

As I scrolled through your recent pieces, I felt myself getting sad and disappointed, as they seemed to be missing something. But(t) then finally you posted a few that looked complete! Nice work, Tama!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

Wow! So much goodness in your post... don't know what to comment on. All perfect pieces!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 11:32 pm   Permalink

Hi Tama,

Excellent update with amazing wonderful stuff. I can't believe my eyes !

The wood Hei Tiki is simply outstandingly awesome, who was your teacher ? Roi Toia ? That's what I call perfection. What size ?

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:20 am   Permalink

Hey Tama! You're the cornucopia of pounamu carving!!! My eyes are too filled for this day!!!

Poupou-Pounamu:

Incredible details! love so much the manaia ears, very beautiful piece!

So small, so great!!!

Teeny-tiny-Toki/Teko-type-taonga..

Damn crazy carving! can't believe it!

'heiTiki' (Macrocarpa):

So happy to see your wood carving!! Full of question shoving on my keyboard... What's the size? What's this kind of wood? Are you going to do an inlay for the eyes? And what's for the finishing? I'll wait two months for answers?

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:50 am   Permalink

Tama
Now thats more like it. Stunning as usual. I particularly like the Wood.
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 08:10 am   Permalink

Tama, Welcome to Tiki Central, I'm quite sure you will fit right in here again. So happyhappyhappy to see you updating all those pieces left hanging for so long. I really love them all and Especially your Little people, they look so real I'm Green with envy.

It only took me an hour to go through your post, just Incredible pieces as usual. Looking forward to more updates and More Woodies too. I think some wood carvers are trembling a wee bit. Thanks for posting again.
Happy HAPPY Happy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:11 pm   Permalink

Tama glad your back my friend!!!You one incredably talented person!Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-15 5:47 pm   Permalink

Cheers Conga, Mango, Flynny, BenZ and Mooney!
-
Aloha: thats practically the sum total of my chizling experience - not even close to making anybody look bad yet, but thanks for the props!
-
Heath: pick up the pace you reckon? right, youre on..
-
JenZ: something for everyone..
-
B'nella: Yeah me and Roi are good mates, I taught him a few things too (joke). Actually, (Paipo and) I had some tuition from a well respected local Maori carver but this piece was actually started before our time with him. Id started this all with one or flat chisels and had reached a point where I could go no further. Little did I realise at the time, but what I really needed was a few more chisels that could tackle curves and surface decoration. Scored myself a basic kit now and am just waiting for the right piece of wood to come along.. *50cm (20") was the height of this heiTiki.
-
Laojia: thanks! as above, 50cm height. I considered adding inlays but decided against it in the end, perhaps wishing to let the wood do the speaking on this first effort in the material. It was finished with two coats of boiled linseed oil which really seem to bring out a golden glow. The other carving I have 99% completed has been stained dark brown, which is nice but totally changes the feel from the wood I worked on.
-

Keep up the good work everyone,

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 11:34 am   Permalink

gorgeous new ones, and i'm loving the wood one, I think it does speak on his own like it is, i really dig what he has to say, your jade work is so extremely perfect, I think the wood one is adding a sense of been more vulnerable and warm to the perfect carve.. I don't know exactly what I'm trying to say... maybe that I think your work is getting even reacher and I'm glad. very nice!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 12:49 am   Permalink

Tama,

Welcome back!

Always a pleasure to view your spectacular work!

But this new work posted is really something special!

Even tighter than ever and packed with a ton of detail!

And what you brought out of the wood piece... incredible!

Some serious power running through you these days, and it is bringing out some beautiful work.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2009-09-23 00:50 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 2:35 pm   Permalink

BUMP too!

more than two months...

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aweulekuula
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-17 5:46 pm   Permalink

I have to say that the Manaia ears are a stroke of genius, both in concept AND in execution. You is the carving togunga.

Aloha!

Marcus

View Profile of Aweulekuula Send a personal message to Aweulekuula      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 8:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the bump Laojia and for the comps Aweulekuula! I do have a few piccies of recent work and will make an effort to post an update soon.

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 9:12 pm   Permalink

i've missed you man. seriously.

i don't think i need to tell you how nice your work is. i wish i could sit around and watch you work.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 11:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-17 20:25, Tamapoutini wrote:
I do have a few piccies of recent work and will make an effort to post an update soon.

An update from your work will a nice Xmas présent for us!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation