FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Sweetpea on Kauai May 13-19 2012
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Sweetpea on Kauai May 13-19 2012
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 11:05 am   Permalink

Pea I saw all your pics on Myspace. It looks like you had a wonderful time!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 4:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks Leleliz!
It was a very nice time, and the weather was great, and the snorkeling was great! and it woas super fun seeing Chongolio!
YAY

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 4:07 pm   Permalink

Bigtikidude, didnt make it to eat at Eggberts, but went by there one day and my mom said it was good. (we had already eaten that day)
Had breakfast one morning at the Oki diner.
Good pancakes with eggs and bacon or portugese sausage.
pretty tasty, a tad expensive, even for hawaii, and skip that strawberry syrup and the coconut syrup too. gross.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 10:08 pm   Permalink

they said the best place for breakfast was Ma's Kitchen real close to the airport, but sadly Ma passed away. at it closed.

I never got to go there either.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 05:12 am   Permalink

What, no pics?!?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 12:13 pm   Permalink

see if this works!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=157450&albumId=3527699

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 12:44 pm   Permalink

Pretty Pix, 'Pea! You certainly have an eye with the lens. Beautiful shots of the plumage. I really love the one of "Surfer Sweetpea" !

Welcome home! See ya SOON~

-Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 01:31 am   Permalink

Sweetpea, your pictures bring back fond memories of my first and only trip to the Islands.

In addition to 2 days on Oahu, I spent 6 at the exact same Lawai Beach Resort. That was back in '95, and it is wild to see that nothing there has changed.

I was lucky to get an invite from a good friend and her family who purchased time at 2 units there. It was great to trade Wisconsin January for Kauai January.

I also enjoyed just walking across the street to surf the reef out front of just put on a mask and be wowed by the ocean life.

Just a walk down the street allowed a view of the blowhole.

I also did a few trips to other parts of the island... Waimea Canyon, Hanalei Bay and a helicopter tour.

Thanks for sharing the pictures... reminds me I have to get back there someday!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EdsGoneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-07 03:00 am   Permalink

Hi Sweetpea!, thanks for posting your pics of Kauai and for sharing your experiences. My wife, son and daughter and I will be in Kauai for a total of 10 days starting next Friday. Your pics are very good and are making us that much more anxious to be getting there!
Although this will be our 3rd trip to the island it's been 10 years since our last visit. Alot has changed I'm sure.
We'll be staying in Kapaa, but plan on getting all around the island, snorkeling, kayaking, and also hitting some of the places that have been recommended on various threads including Tahiti Nui, Havaiki, Dukes, and especially the new tasting room at the Koloa Rum Company!
How were The Takeoffs? and also is there any one thing that you would recommend that I might otherwise miss?

Thanks, Ed

And also, Chongolio, if your out there, would love to meet you. Maybe lunch, drinks, whatever!

View Profile of EdsGoneTiki Send a personal message to EdsGoneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-07 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-07 03:00, EdsGoneTiki wrote:
Hi Sweetpea!, thanks for posting your pics of Kauai and for sharing your experiences. My wife, son and daughter and I will be in Kauai for a total of 10 days starting next Friday. Your pics are very good and are making us that much more anxious to be getting there!

WoooHooo! Can you pack me in your suitcase??? I hope you have a Tiki-rrific Trip!
Take lots of pics to post

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-09 09:53 am   Permalink

aaaaaaand I'm going back to Kaua again leaving this sunday!!!! Can't wait.
Going to Tahiti Nui for sure, going to see Chongolio again,
and found out a friend from high school lives in Hanalei, so
hoping to see her too! Mostly lounging on our little Lawai
beach, and maybe some thrifting and fabric shopping.
Might try Port Allen Sunset Bar and Grill, anyone been there?
Hoping it will be good!
Sweetpea

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-09 10:29 pm   Permalink

Sweetpea, maybe we'll run into you at the beach! Are you staying at PK's?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-09 10:33 pm   Permalink

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-09 10:33 pm   Permalink

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-11 2:22 pm   Permalink

I'll be staying down at Lawai Beach. Know I'm going to meet up with Chongolio
at some point. maybe we can all meet up somewhere. Where are you on the island?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation