FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 12:26 am   Permalink

Man! The art for this show looks fantastic!
Kudos to Grog and the bunch for the excellent idea/curation for this show.
So glad to see Grog sharing some of his amazing talent with us all (other than his talent for derailing threads)
I don't know if there has ever been such a hands-on, one-of-a-kind showing of mugs and ceramic pieces!

MUGS FOR THE PEPOLE, BY THE PEOPLE!!!!

RIGHT ON MY TIKI BROTHA!

VERY talented line-up! Thanks everyone for posting all the great photos.

Bai, I am especially in awe of your talent-how the hell did you make the 2-D to 3-D transition look so easy??!!
I covet your Peanut Bob. . . .

I know this will a stellar evening of art, friends, song and booze!
Hope everyone has a fabulous time!

I will be in Vegas, but I will be with you in spirit (or should I say Spirits?)

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-31 10:00 am   Permalink

Sorry, we'll miss you at the show, Suze, but maybe we can get Courtney and Johnny Pinstriper to show up, and we'll have another cute blonde to take your place.

Yes, it's going to be a really nice show----GROG think we should make a hand-built art show an annual event like the Tiki Wonderland show.

Glad ya'll are liking GROG' crap. GROG blasted those Moais out really quickly and with as little effort as possible to try and keep them as cheap as possible---time is money. The more time and effort it takes to make something, the more it's going to cost. A GROG product is cheaper than an Ernie product, because you can expect lower quality primitive art from a caveman, than from a professional artist. These are marked on the bottom with GROG as the artist. The Bamboo Ben mug was designed by Ernie.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 11:18 am   Permalink

Hi everyone! I can't wait to go to this event! Everyones' stuff looks great! It makes me want to attempt making something...

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 4:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-31 10:00, GROG wrote:
Sorry, we'll miss you at the show, Suze, but maybe we can get Courtney and Johnny Pinstriper to show up, and we'll have another cute blonde to take your place.

Johnny is certainly not my idea of a cute blonde, but he is lovable.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 6:56 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry to say that we'll probably miss this event since we're going to Leonard Cohen. Maybe we try and make it there afterwards

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-03-31 9:05 pm   Permalink

Well, at least you're not missing the show for a SURFBAND.

If you can't make it to this show or the Tiki Mug Book signing at 8 Ball on April5 , there's always:
http://www.alpacapalooza.com/

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-03-31 21:08 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 9:12 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna miss it with no reason at all!

Arrrrrrr!!!

D'oh! Gotta get some new meds....

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-03-31 9:26 pm   Permalink

Stop dropping tikis on your foot, and you should be able to make it out to more places and events.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 9:36 pm   Permalink

Is there a list for this show?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-03-31 9:38 pm   Permalink

Or Ben, you could just teleport yourself there.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-31 9:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-31 21:38, GROG wrote:
Or Ben, you could just teleport yourself there.

can we please have thee peni covered if this is the case?

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-03-31 10:38 pm   Permalink

A couple of artists from farther away may have a few items as well at the show April 11. MadDogMike might be able to make the long haul, and Mikel (MP) will be heading down from up north and should have a few hand-built goodies. They have to fill in for Cass who's just too damn busy working to get anything finished for us.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 1:55 pm   Permalink

GROG - don't worry, kiln will fire fine when I get back... I'm across the pond right now and joining in on all the protest action going on... The problem is, I have no clue what i'm protesting about?

Anyways, loads of fun - see ya in a few days.

G20 plus 1

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-01 11:32 pm   Permalink

Wow!

All this artwork looks AMAZING!

Thanks Grog for squeezing me into the show... I don't have any mugs, but I've been working on some drawings on black paper...

They're all 8x10, priced fer cheap!

Thanks again, Grog!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2009-04-01 23:33 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 08:30 am   Permalink

Tobunga,
great stuff there.
diggin the spooky night vibe.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation