FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:06 pm   Permalink

Got a couple of deadlines this week, so not alot of time for posting. But, GROG can tell you that Jeff--BigFreakyDude--- will be DJaying. This is his first time----at the Tonga Hut, so be gentle with him.

You crazy people with your nail pollish photos --- GROG going to have to make it mandatory that all contributing artists wear nail pollish at the art show if ya'll don't behave.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-03-09 23:11 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:33 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone? What's been goin' on since I made that trip to the bathroom a year ago? Miss anything?

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 11:38 pm   Permalink

oh dude!

All you guys have fabulous nails!

I can't wait for this show! Ernie can I paint yer nails for the night of the tonga hut opening?

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 12:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-09 23:33, suburbanpagan wrote:
Hey everyone? What's been goin' on since I made that trip to the bathroom a year ago? Miss anything?

I've been making a lot of shit for the show:

C'mon down!

Buzzy Out!

ADVERTISEMENT

St Patrick's Day Luau Tiki Mug

Click here for the current ebay auction

Sponsored by
http://www.sandiegotikifactory.com

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-03-10 00:12 ]

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 09:53 am   Permalink

woohoooo thanks Grog.

Buzzy, Hand made huh?
remind me not to shake your hands.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-11 09:25 am   Permalink

Still waiting to hear from Jeremy about the music setup, BigSneakyDude. GROG call him again today.

Got alot of people that want to be in the art show and a limited amount of space. Even people from far away places.GROG thinking that after the Tonga Hut Art show is finished on April 11, then we will continue it online and the artists in the show can post pics of their art that didn't sell that night, as well as artists that we couldn't fit in the show, and this will give the world-at-large a chance to see and purchase original hand-built stuff other than just the people who showed up at the Tonga Hut. (nice run-on sentence)

What do ya'll think about this idea?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-11 09:32 am   Permalink

Wow, Grog hire BigTikiDude to DJ...surf music no less....what's next...Israel and Palestine stop fighting?

Good for all. This will be a fun event.

With Liberty and Tikis for all.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 09:55 am   Permalink

Hey kids!
just came back from the Tonga Hut 1-of-a-kind show!
Couldn't see anything because of the crappy lighting
Couldn't hear anything because of the crappy music
Couldn't move because the place is too small!
Great idea for a show!
I'm glad we only lost half of all the pieces
due to drunken patrons!
here's some pix from the event...

the line outside...

inside near the bar..

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 10:19 am   Permalink

well no offense to DJLee, as I know hes a huge Fan of Garage and other early Rock music. but I think that its just not the place for that stuff.
too small, and too loud.
I thank Grog for the offer to provide a tad mellower and quieter evening of music.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 11:03 am   Permalink

Sometimes that LLT makes me fall off my chair laughing. The Tonga hut may be small but its a great place and thats why its always packed . It does get hard to move around sometimes but its great bumping into the quality of people there .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 11:28 am   Permalink

sometimes LLT makes me fall off my chair because I've fallen asleep waiting for a funny joke.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 11:52 am   Permalink

no worries about that at the Tonga hut!
Standing Room only Jeffey!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 12:03 pm   Permalink

thats ok,
I will bring my stool,
and if things get rowdy,
I can throw it at you like a monkey.
get it?
ok that was bad.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 1:01 pm   Permalink

Ernie said he wanted to push in your stool....

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 3:27 pm   Permalink

Looks like I need to derail LLT's derailing.

AAAARRRRRRRR!! The Squid be havin' some hand-built treasure for the Tonga Hut show!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation