FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Hand-Built Art Show April 11 (Part 1)
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-05 10:24 am   Permalink

GROG is thinking about bringing some origami GROG has done.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 12:06 pm   Permalink

Excellent work Grog! Everyone's work looks awesome.
Thank you everyone for your nice comments about my work.
My wife and I are looking forward to Saturday. I carved
up some pendants on Fri and Sat, hoping I can get them fired in time.
MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-05 4:11 pm   Permalink

Welcome MP, really cool stuff! I'm diggin' the 3/4 view pendants especially the Moai toasters.

I vote with Babalu, some of those look raku? Especially these two.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 4:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-05 10:24, GROG wrote:
GROG is thinking about bringing some origami GROG has done.

Grog, is this
http://origamiboulder.com/ you?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 4:40 pm   Permalink

Babalu like GROG's paper lettuce. I see a tiki in those folds there...can you make-um out too?

Almost forgot, this Lapaki Puka (Rabbit Hole) Bowl will be sitting on top of a table over at the Tonga Hut on the 11th with an "extra special smack down price" tag on it just in time for Easter...You can fill it with my personal favorite if you like, dark rum, a little Manhattan Special Espresso Soda, and a few pink bunny peep floaties - yummy!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-05 7:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-05 16:33, 4WDtiki wrote:
Grog, is this http://origamiboulder.com/ you?

That not GROG, but whoever it be, is genius.

GROG thinking about selling origami, and get free drawing with purchase of origami.

And speaking of genius---nice stuff Babs, and just in time for Easter. Can we fill the bowl with M&Ms?

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2009-04-06 10:03 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 1:29 pm   Permalink

Well, i hopped in my Time Machine to see how the Tonga Hut 1 of a kind Ceramic show turned out....
Here's one of the pictures i took....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 1:58 pm   Permalink

by the way.
I will try not to be the Bull in the China shop this sat.
but no promises.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

edited for addition of smiley

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-04-06 13:58 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-05 06:04, Babalu wrote:

Quick peek (crappy pic) - Here's the Three Brothers bowl that just came out of the
kiln yesterday...

this little bowl is also designed to hang on a wall...

Nice work there Babalu! See ya at the Tonga Hut.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 2:25 pm   Permalink

Here's some of my new tiki art work that I made extra special just for the art show:

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-06 14:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Here's some of my new tiki art work that I made extra special just for the art show:

Buzzy Out!

I have some tough competition in this art show!!!but im confused in this picture buzzy... Is this some sort of stab?... Are you in sum way comparing my art with sumthing that belongs next to a toilet? That is a toilet paper role ,isnt it?

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:54 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's f*cked up.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-06 19:18, kirby wrote:

but im confused in this picture buzzy... Is this some sort of stab?...

Stab?

No...

Quote:

Are you in sum way comparing my art with sumthing that belongs next to a toilet? That is a toilet paper role ,isnt it?

Um, kind of in the same theme as the earlier part of this thread.

From page two of THIS thread:

Quote:

On 2009-03-10 00:11, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-09 23:33, suburbanpagan wrote:
Hey everyone? What's been goin' on since I made that trip to the bathroom a year ago? Miss anything?

I've been making a lot of shit for the show:

C'mon down!

Buzzy Out!

Remember?

These were part of my "2009 Tributes Collection" by Bay Park Buzzy, available at the Tonga Hut on April 11 :

From left to right: Bowana, Bosko, A Moai(because they always sell), the UnMaori traditional Moko Maori, and yours.

I would think that all the artists that are included in my new tributes series, which is premiering and available for sale at the Tonga Hut on April 11, would be honored to have their works tributed by me in a brand new tiki medium. Fine!

You are no longer included in this exclusive list of artists in this series!

You've been replaced by an artist who doesn't feel offended when his work is tributed. In fact, he feels flattered when it happens!

Ladies ansd gentlemen, I introduce the newly revamped "2009 Tributes" collection by Bay Park Buzzy, featuring the inspired interpretations by Buzzy of the work of prominent tiki artists Bowana, Bosko, the Maoi still, because it will sell, the UnMoari Traditional Moko Maori, and 4WD Tiki:

Sorry Kirby! Your limited edition line of pendants has been cancelled. Here's an advance sample I just got in from China:

Instead of throwing away all 10,000 that they had already made, I had them change them up a bit so that they are no longer legally your work (and I can sell them without cutting you in on the profits. Thanks! Turned out even better for me.)

Here's one of my new not inspired by Kirby original tiki pendants that will be available for sale at the Tonga Hut on April 11:

Here's the extremely limited not inspired by Kirby original GROG variation tiki pendant that will be available for sale at the Tonga Hut on April 11:

See you all there!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 12:04 am   Permalink

now these are some pendants I would sport

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 12:37 am   Permalink

I knew i was gonna regret asking that question....

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation