FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-06 2:01 pm   Permalink

Tiki Central Night Thursday or Thirstday?! Let's see, I better start coming up with excuses to be in the downtown area Thursday afternoons now!!!

On another note....Well done John!!! Tiki Time is the right time!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 10:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-06 13:52, TraderJohn wrote:
Trader Vics Los Angeles

Open 7 days

Hours:
Sunday - Thursday
4PM - Midnight

Friday - Saturday
4PM - 2AM

Starting May 12th we will start serving lunch

11AM - 3PM

Tiki Time

Monday - Friday

4PM - 6PM

Tiki Central Night is Thursday

$3.00 off All Trader Vic's Cocktails

THanks for the clarification on this John.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 09:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-06 12:37, bigtikidude wrote:
had a Navy Grog, tasted great, but they used 1 oz. light 1 oz. gold, and 1 oz dark rum. Isn't it supposed to be 3 oz. dark rum? hmmmmmmm???

Not exactly. Straight from the horse's mouth... (geez, I can't believe I remember this post almost 4 years later)

Quote:

On 2005-09-10 22:07, martiki wrote:
The restauant recipe is juice from 1/2 lime, 3/4 oz grapefruit, dash simple syrup, 1/4-1/3 oz rum grog concentrate, and then the rum. This is where some of the locations differ. Emeryville uses 1 oz silver, 1 oz gold, 1 oz dark- all Trader Vic's brand. SF uses 1 oz gold, 1 oz dark and 1/2-3/4 oz Lemon Hart 151.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 10:20 am   Permalink

good to know,
thanks for that,
maybe I can ask for the darker version.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 09:48 am   Permalink

About a block North I found plenty of free parking after 8pm. The area is well patroled by these cops on people movers. Close to some other cool areas like Bunker Hill, Historic District and the Fashion District. Next time I'll check out the Metro station and see how close it is.

I asked for the Phil Grog, they made one for me last night in a Gun Club mug. (This is not one of their drinks BTW, Bigbro suggested it once in a thread & I thought it was a good idea) Flaming Cho Chu and Duck Tacos were killer too!
Uh,..... Bad choice of words I mean they were great!

"I saw a weirdo drinking a Navy Grog at Trader Vic's and his hair was F#$% Up. AAA Ohhhh Weirdo of Beverly Hills

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 06:33 am   Permalink

Please tell me they pull those absolutely gorgeous tikis in at night. I don't care how well they're bolted down, if they stay outside, someone will find a way to steal them. Both outdoor tiki ashtrays were recently stolen from the front entrance of the Mai-Kai, including a vintage original and a great replica cast by Wplugger.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 7:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-09 06:33, GatorRob wrote:
Please tell me they pull those absolutely gorgeous tikis in at night. I don't care how well they're bolted down, if they stay outside, someone will find a way to steal them. Both outdoor tiki ashtrays were recently stolen from the front entrance of the Mai-Kai, including a vintage original and a great replica cast by Wplugger.

LA Live does have excellent security and there is the "normal" LA Live guests (whatever amount that is as all LA Live places are relatively brand new), but Laker season will be over in about 2 1/2 more series and I believe the Avengers have been placed on hold this season, so there maybe not so much need for security until the Kings their season.

I remember the Tikis in front of the Royal Hawaiian in Laguna Beach stayed there, however, with 1 exception which seemed to have been sawed from between the metal supports.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-10 9:26 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I don't think we have to worry about someone taking Danny's Tiki. They are bolted to the ground and security would be on someone in a hot second. The area is well patrolled from what I've observed.
LA seems to want their own Times square and this is it.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-10 9:51 pm   Permalink

When to TV, but missed ya'll. We got there early and were out pretty early, but not before downing TV Grog, Mai Tai (from scratch)...and a couple of other drinks...hic up.

It was nice being greeted by Danny's Tikis.....

I've got to figure out how to get out of work early....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-10 10:17 pm   Permalink

TC night is Thursdays
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32253&forum=17&18

KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 7:59 pm   Permalink

This L.A. Times article was pointed out on one of the other LATV threads, but I thought I'd post the link here as well...

http://www.latimes.com/theguide/bars-and-clubs/la-et-night1-2009may01,0,5405092.story

(You'll have to cut & paste the link in a new browser window as the URL is probably too long to hyperlink)

And here are the nice accompanying pics, just to save you time:

Cheers & Mahalos

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-13 3:36 pm   Permalink

Nice photos LAT! Anyone going to Tiki Central Thursday tomorrow?
Tiki Thursday thread
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32253&forum=17&22

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 1:35 pm   Permalink

They are now open for lunch from 11am to 3pm then happy hour 4pm -6pm.

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2009-05-22 13:36 ]

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 3:36 pm   Permalink

As fine a way to spend 7 hours as I've ever heard of.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 8:31 pm   Permalink

I got the e-mail about that Tim,
that starts on the 26th it said.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation