FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-17 11:08 pm   Permalink

I'm confused.

Is it opening this coming Monday? 4/20?

Are Tiki Diablos Tikis up ?

Anyone have any pics?

I might be up that way mon/tues and will have to check it out.

Maybe I can sneek in the back door and snap some pics!

stealth!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-18 01:23 am   Permalink

I'd Love to see It!!
you go Ben...

Under-Cover-Tiki-Man........

aloha....

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 9:16 pm   Permalink

The website states April 25th, next Sat.
I wonder if there will be a "soft" opening prior.

http://www.tradervicsla.com

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-19 08:55 am   Permalink

Getting close. The inspectors have delayed the opening according to Trader John. The Chinese oven being one issue they are not used to dealing with. They are still working hard to open ASAP and the people at LA Live were all having fun and packing the place next door last night.
I'll post more pictures when Trader Vic's is ready. Here are a couple of the exterior from last night.

I'd like to see a Tiki Central night at Trader Vic's like Tiki Ti has.
My vote is for Thursday or Sunday night since I am in LA those nights.
I think you are all going to be jazzed when you first walk in. I am pretty jaded and I was shocked when I entered. Talk about transporting one self! Great job Trader John.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-19 8:07 pm   Permalink

That tile is pretty contempo...

Fitting in that area.

Anymore pics or exact dates??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-19 9:04 pm   Permalink

I'd be up for a Sun nite TC nite at trader vics.
as its not as busy as fri. or sat.
I'm off monday,
and Tiki Ti is not open on sun.
so if I am up for a drink on sun in LA area.
I have to go to BH TV and I'm kinda over that hassle.

please update when the Opening will be, when known.
thanks for the updates Tim.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-19 08:55, Ojaitimo wrote:
Getting close. The inspectors have delayed the opening according to Trader John. The Chinese oven being one issue they are not used to dealing with. They are still working hard to open ASAP . . .

Nice photos.

Is everything ready, or not quite?
Just 4 biz days left.

The inspectors delayed the opening?
Doesn't Phil Anschutz own AEG and therefore LA Live.
Doesn't he have enough clout to have the inspectors grant a conditional or temporary permit? He certainly has enough $$$ to pay them to look the other way.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 6:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-20 18:20, christiki295 wrote:
Quote:

Getting close. The inspectors have delayed the opening according to Trader John. The Chinese oven being one issue they are not used to dealing with. They are still working hard to open ASAP . . .

Nice photos.

Is everything ready, or not quite?
Just 4 biz days left.

The inspectors delayed the opening?
Doesn't Phil Anschutz own AEG and therefore LA Live.
Doesn't he have enough clout to have the inspectors grant a conditional or temporary permit? He certainly has enough $$$ to pay them to look the other way.

Even Frankies Tiki Room in Vegas ( 1200 sq ft?) was able to get a temporary permit for their opening in Dec. 08. ( now full fledge).

I REALLY dig that entry! Serious!! That bamboo-ish tile rocks! Can't wait to see Danny's Tikis out there with it!

For a " Mall" type store front, it's gonna POP!!!

...and blow away the others!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 08:43 am   Permalink

Ive been a union construction foreman for 20+ years working mostly in LA county . I spent 3 years at a Kaiser hospital job which could have been finished in a year and a half . But these days the paperwork is more important that than the final product . If something happens such as an earthquake or a pipe bursting, look out because they want to go back through the records to see who inspected it and installed it and have their heads on a stick .You can do everything possible to make it as safe as possible but when an earthquake come , Mother Nature always wins .
Just to mount an anchor in the concrete ceiling is a major task. First you find an inspector available to watch you drill the hole overhead , then the next day you have to set an appointment to get him to that area again to confirm that it is still a hole and then you can set the anchor and torque it to specs . Then you need to set an apointment 2 days later to get him back there to retorque it where he might finally sign it off .This is just one of thousands of anchors in the building . Now add in plumbing , electrical , sheet metal ducts, a/c piping and all the cosmetics for decor . Then you have temp inspections , punchlists and hopefully you will get a final signoff in the near future . Thats just mechanical, dont forget health inspections going on as well.
In a high profile area such as this , you are lucky to be getting this establishment this early . Remember, the bigger the name, the bigger the building, the bigger the problems.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 08:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

I'd like to see a Tiki Central night at Trader Vic's like Tiki Ti has.

At the grand opening party for the Chicago Trader Vic's last week, the general manager, Pallava, told me that he is shipping out to L.A. to be the GM at the new Vic's out there.

Before Chicago, Pallava was at Atlanta.

He's a younger guy who gets Tiki, or at least understands the importance of our crowd in supporting and hyping a Tiki restaurant.

*He* approached *me* about reviving Tabu Tiki Night in Chicago, and I'd be that he'd be into having a regular event for the TC regulars in L.A. as well.

Give him a month or two to catch his breath (he is moving out there today, I think, and he is going to have a lot on his plate getting things up and running), but then talk to him about it.

If a TC person wants to step up to organize and plan the event, it just might happen for you.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-22 12:52 pm   Permalink

The website now has a countdown clock on its site, so this Saturday may happen.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 12:13 am   Permalink

Dropping my tikis off thurs morning.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 02:57 am   Permalink

I had read May 2nd on the site earlier today....?
http://www.tradervicsla.com/

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 3:59 pm   Permalink

And no more count-down clock, either.

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 4:31 pm   Permalink

Clock's back, now, and looks like it's counting down to midnight, Friday night,May 1.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation