FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Countdown for LA Trader Vic's
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 10:13 am   Permalink

Are those "whoopie-floats"? Better check before you sit...

This looks very promising. We'll be sending out a canoe from the island with a recon party, and on the prowl for Flaming Beef Cho-Chos...

Oooo.

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

[ This Message was edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2009-04-27 10:14 ]

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MolokaiMike

Posted: 2009-04-27 12:06 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know if the bar is open to the public on Saturday, May 2nd? I know the dining room is already booked, but we were thinking of dropping by for a drink, and to check the place out. If Trader John knows, please let us know. I was planning on bringing friends and wouldn't want their first experience at the new LA Vic's to be turned away at the door. But would love to step through the doors on opening night, if it's possible.

BTW - Great to see some of the treasures from the Trader Vic's warehouse make their way to the new location! We saw that Papua New Guinea mask when we were at the warehouse sale last year, and were hoping it would find its way south.

Also, it would be great to organize a Tiki Central night there. Bet the turnout would be pretty good!

View Profile of MolokaiMike Send a personal message to MolokaiMike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 1:11 pm   Permalink

Lounge will be open at 4:00PM no reservation needed.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Crowntiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-27 1:21 pm   Permalink

Any word on a Happy Hour? I'm guessing $5 drinks and 1/2 priced appetizers like Scottsdale might be too much to hope for, but everywhere in Downtown LA has some sort of HH deals. I'm guessing weekdays only, but any specs would be appreciated as I ready my liver for launch...

View Profile of Crowntiki Send a personal message to Crowntiki  Goto the website of Crowntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 3:11 pm   Permalink

Woo Hoo! The Wahines can be as wild as we want.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-27 6:34 pm   Permalink

I'm getting excited! I read this today:

Quote:
The décor at Trader Vic's at L.A. LIVE reflects the elements of the traditional tiki bar: beautiful carved wood, tiki masks, tribal décor, lots of plants, and comfortable booths and tables. The glass-enclosed Chinese oven sits centered in the back of the restaurant, so patrons can watch the master chefs at work. Much of the décor was created by a family in Tonga, including the tribal tapa cloth on the walls and the carved wooden doors and wall panel. Some items have come from other Trader Vic's locations, such as the outrigger that hangs from the ceiling in the event room, which came from the Dallas location, and part of the bar, which came from the Chicago location; the other part of the bar came from Osaka, Japan.

"Traditional", YES! It looks like Happy Hour is daily from 4:00 to 6:00, plus Tuesday is Tiki Central night!:

Quote:
Live entertainment is featured Friday and Saturday, and drink specials are available from 4-6 pm daily during "Tiki Time." Trader Vic's at L.A. LIVE will also be hosting Mai Tai Mondays with a special invitation to people who work in the restaurant industry; and Tiki Central Tuesdays for the faithful tiki fans who belong to that group, and other special evenings.

Full article:
http://in.sys-con.com/node/937167

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJohn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-27 9:18 pm   Permalink

We have a few seats left in the Dinning Room for Sat and the Bar lounge will also be open.
check on
http://www.opentable.com for reservations.

Come out Sat we will make the room for TC !

[ This Message was edited by: TraderJohn 2009-04-27 21:19 ]

View Profile of TraderJohn Send a personal message to TraderJohn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-27 21:18, TraderJohn wrote:
We have a few seats left in the Dinning Room for Sat and the Bar lounge will also be open.
check on http://www.opentable.com for reservations.

Come out Sat we will make the room for TC !

[ This Message was edited by: TraderJohn 2009-04-27 21:19 ]

Open table is stating that internet reservations are only available for the 3rd and after but I would love to come Saturday instead. Is there another way to make reservations for Saturday?

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJohn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-27 10:11 pm   Permalink

We seem to be having issues with Open table, please check tomorrow or call
213 785 3330 after 4:00PM to book your reservations.

View Profile of TraderJohn Send a personal message to TraderJohn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 11:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-27 22:11, TraderJohn wrote:
We seem to be having issues with Open table, please check tomorrow or call
213 785 3330 after 4:00PM to book your reservations.

Will there be a menu posted on the website prior to the grand opening?

MolokaiMike

Posted: 2009-04-29 2:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:
"Live entertainment is featured Friday and Saturday, and drink specials are available from 4-6 pm daily during "Tiki Time."

Does anyone know if there will be live music opening day, Saturday May 2nd? And if so, what time?

View Profile of MolokaiMike Send a personal message to MolokaiMike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spycygrl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-29 5:31 pm   Permalink

I was wondering that, as well. Also, wondering if the "drink specials" will be a-flowin' on opening day?
The Boyfriend and I definitely wanna hit the Lounge on Saturday as a little pre-birthday for me (May 6 = 41! ack!). I'll need plenty of mai tais to start the birthday week off right!

Quote:

On 2009-04-29 14:56, MolokaiMike wrote:
Quote:
"Live entertainment is featured Friday and Saturday, and drink specials are available from 4-6 pm daily during "Tiki Time."

Does anyone know if there will be live music opening day, Saturday May 2nd? And if so, what time?

View Profile of spycygrl Send a personal message to spycygrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-29 7:29 pm   Permalink

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2009/04/trader-vics-la-live-downtown.html

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-30 07:23 am   Permalink

So cool to see Sven and Grog get a mention in that article . But what about the esteemed carver Danny ?

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-30 08:52 am   Permalink

I just read this whole thread for the first time and I'm, a little confused.

When Bamboo Ben was building Frankies here in Vegas he told me his next project was the Trader Vics in L.A.

Yet it doesn't seem like he had anything to do with it.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation