FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 11:11 am   Permalink

Looks awesome guys! Pity we couldn't join you. Been holding up the bars that last couple nights!
Way looking forward to tonight...and seeing everyone again.
Denise and I are putting together a little spread for the crawlers at Forbidden Island...and of course, there will be PIZZA at Conga Lounge. Word has it there may even be some cocktails too.

SEE YA ALL LATER!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Molokai Mike 2009-07-11 11:38 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-11 11:26 am   Permalink

Great photos!! Everyone is having so much fun. I wish I was there. Keep posting so I can follow along.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 4:25 pm   Permalink

Less than one hour and we all re-converge (literally) at Forbidden Island. It's been so much fun for me to meet the Bay Area Tiki Ohana. What lovely people and it makes me remember why I enjoyed living in San Francisco years ago. Hanford gave me great insight into the Trader Vic's Palo Alto, which was different from what I was expecting, but is worth seeing if you're into Papua New Guinea carvings. Checked out Absinthe cocktail bar today (thank you, Rumrunner!) and oh my! Their cocktail menu is amazing!!! Going back to actually sample one tomorrow. But... it's not Tiki, so stay on topic, Kari.

Anyway, looking forward to another whacky time with you all tonight. Last night's party bus was made only sweeter by Woohoo Wahine's war cry cheering each and every one of us back to the hotel.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 09:26 am   Permalink

Thank you Hanford and Tripod. BGutierrez it was good to meet you and all the other first timers. Glad to have all of you. Good to see all the regulars AND to meet a handful of LoCal er's. Thanks also to Evelyn for the crab cakes and Meg, both gracious hosts.
BY gosh Notch's bar and shop is da' kine. Thanks Notch!

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-07-12 13:56 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-12 11:34 am   Permalink

Somewhere between Trader Vics and the bus ride home I misplaced my little silver Olympus digital camera. Its full of great memories of th weekend and has been to every tiki event I have attended. Please PM if you know its whereabouts. Mahalo!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 11:55 am   Permalink

FOUND: One Sweater and One hoodie (left at TV and the bus respectively). If they're yours PM me with a description and I'll get it to you.

Woo Hoo... Bill talked with Chris this morning and we're looking for it.

Happy Sunday wind down...off to have brunch at Tiki Tom's....

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 1:38 pm   Permalink

looks like a great time. notch, i really like your moai swimming pool complete with volcanic island! bigger is better. just ask gecko or vantiki. krazy!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 2:39 pm   Permalink

It was AWESOME seeing everyone yesterday!

Woohoo, hope you find the camera. I know first hand how that feels, having lost two(!) at the tail end of trips!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-12 5:40 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo to Hanford, Mai Tai, and all the other Nor-Cal Ohana who helped make this event happen. The Crawl was a Blast!!! It was so nice to see old friends and to make new ones too. We can't wait until next year's crawl

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-12 8:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-12 17:40, WooHooWahine wrote:
Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo to Hanford, Mai Tai, and all the other Nor-Cal Ohana who helped make this event happen. The Crawl was a Blast!!! It was so nice to see old friends and to make new ones too. We can't wait until next year's crawl

Ditto!!! And also a big thanks to Smoke Tiki, Notch, Forbidden Island, Conga Lounge, Kona Club, and Trader Vics Eville and Palo Alto. The Raffle at Kona Club was gracious, and winning the Orchids R-1 headhunter was extra sweet.

TV Emeryville especially went way above and beyond welcoming everyone with 75th anniversary blinky pins and sending us off with parting gifts (a fog cutter mug, parrot on a stick, and 75th anniversary matches all wrapped up in TV wrapping paper)

Swag I managed to accumulate

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-12 8:41 pm   Permalink

Nice swag...looks like a awesome crawl was had by all!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 10:46 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to Hanford and Mai Tai in producing another wonderful crawl!! Servanne and Jon at Trader Vics said you both were wonderful to work with and look forward to future partnerships with the two of you. I know how much work you both did for this. You both are exclusively responsible for a perfect crawl.

The crawl lives because of you two and it was a BLAST! I appreciate you both and know everyone on the crawl does as well. Look forward to 2010!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 10:48 pm   Permalink

A special recognition to Michelle, Midnite, Suzanne, and Chad Spacey. You guys were awesome in work with this crawl!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2009-07-12 23:08 ]

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 11:47 pm   Permalink

Some photos courtesy of Chad Spacey:

Trader Sams

Mel, Jessica, Mai Tai

Bamboo Hut

Late night adventure -

Trader Vics - Palo Alto

More pics to come once we download our camera!

Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 11:52 pm   Permalink

Everyone looks like they had a ton of fun! Wish I could have been there. Hopefully, it will work into the schedule for next year!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation