FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Nytshaed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-04 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 21:14, chiwito wrote:
There seems to be a slight error on the T Crawl schedule. The original schedule called for Sunday lunch at Tiki Tom's. The "correction" said that the lunch had to be postponed because TT's will be closed for a private event. Tom has assured me that there is no special event on the 12th and that the bar/restaurant will be open.

Is this the current status of the Sunday Brunch? The Tiki Crawl Schedule page still says it's a no go. Anyone?

View Profile of Nytshaed Send a personal message to Nytshaed  Email Nytshaed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 1:24 pm   Permalink

Tiki Tom's is definitely back on the schedule - they will be on Sunday's leg of The Crawl at noonish. Go there for brunch! We just confirmed everything with Tiki Tom's last night, and Hanford hasn't updated The Crawl schedule yet to reflect this. It should be updated soon, hopefully today.

I'll go ahead and bump the other Tiki Crawl updates that I posted yesterday here as well, so they will be at the top of this page for everyone to see.

Trader Vic's is showing the love for the Tiki Central Ohana, by offering up some specials. Trader Vic's Emeryville will be offering up the specially priced buffet like last year, and $6 Mai Tais, plus a special little treat as a gift for all you Tiki Crawlers. Trader Vic's Palo Alto will offer happy hour prices of $5 for Ribs, Pizza, and the Chef's Appetizer, $6 Calamari, as well as a specially happy hour priced platter of Calamari, Ribs, Pork Sesame, Crab Rangoon, Cripsy Prawns & Spring rolls! On top of that, TV Palo Alto will also be offering $6 Mai Tais, as well as a special where you can order a Mai Tai and keep the new 75th anniversary glass for a total of $14!

It's my understanding that Friday will be the birthday of TV Palo Alto's manager, Servanne, so make sure to buy her a birthday Mai Tai for all of the wonderful specials that she and John Allan have extended to us - make sure to buy a drink for John at TV Emeryville as well!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 1:25 pm   Permalink

Rooms are still available at the Hawthorne Suites on Webster Street in Alameda. Make sure to call them at (510) 522-1000 and give them the Coupon Code: TIKICRAWL9 to get a discount on your room. We only have a certain number of rooms at the discounted rate, so make sure you hurry before the discounted rooms, and all of the room in general, are gone!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chiwito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-06 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-04 13:24, Mai Tai wrote:
Tiki Tom's is definitely back on the schedule - they will be on Sunday's leg of The Crawl at noonish. Go there for brunch! We just confirmed everything with Tiki Tom's last night, and Hanford hasn't updated The Crawl schedule yet to reflect this. It should be updated soon, hopefully today.

The Crawl website isn't updated yet, but Tiki Tom's is definitely expecting us [well, they're always expecting me, but that day they'll be expecting the rest of us as well]. They open around 11 a.m. and they don't normally have much of a brunch menu [dunno if they've arranged anything different with the crawl orgaizers] but they always do good lunches.

View Profile of chiwito Send a personal message to chiwito  Email chiwito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 12:50 pm   Permalink

yes, there was some conflicting information regarding Tiki Tom's availability but I've updated the schedule to reflect what's going on. Tiki Tom's is back on the schedule for lunch before Forbidden Island's playdoh throwdown on Sunday. Sorry for the confusion.

Mahalo!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-06 6:31 pm   Permalink

WooHoooo! Four more days

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-08 08:58 am   Permalink

Inky will be flying in Friday about 8pm to San Jose, and I will be arriving that evening at SFO.
Any suggestions for Inky on getting to Trader Vics (other than a cab)??

I am Birthday Thirsty!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-08 08:58, mrsmiley wrote:
Inky will be flying in Friday about 8pm to San Jose. Any suggestions for Inky on getting to Trader Vics (other than a cab)??

You better slow your roll. She already be hooked up....

Quote:

I am Birthday Thirsty!

but, happiest b-day ever. We've got your star performances from KOFY TV20 Dance Party on a loop, here at Lund Manor, in your honor.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2009-07-08 12:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-08 10:27, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

Inky will be flying in Friday about 8pm to San Jose. Any suggestions for Inky on getting to Trader Vics (other than a cab)??

You better slow your roll. She already be hooked up....

Yeah!!!! I mean..."oof."

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-08 3:16 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! Only 2 more days. Soccertiki and I fly into Oakland Friday Morning.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2009-07-08 6:41 pm   Permalink

Some food and bar recommendations here;
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11299&forum=16&46

Call first to verify business is still open.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 8:33 pm   Permalink

Rumor has it that an army of mugs is amassing. Looks like they want to take over!!!

Watch out for their fearless leader, he's a madman!!!

I'm heading over to Forbidden Island in a little bit, to start the pre Crawl festivites. See ya there! Can you believe that the Tiki Crawl is here? Who's thirsty???

Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 12:56 am   Permalink

Mrs. Smiley! Loved your suggestions! Here's one of mine...

Another point of interest some of you might like to see is a restaurant in downtown San Francisco called Le Colonial. It's located on Trader Vic Way and Cosmo Place. The building is the original Trader Vic's in San Francisco. (NOT Hinky Dink's). Although it's a Vietnamese-Euro restaurant now, you might enjoy seeing the architecture and imagining how it once was Trader Vic's, taking your photo under the Trader Vic's Lane sign and stopping in for an exotic cocktail. (Yes, they do have some exotic cocktails... or did, last time I was there.)

Looking forward to crawling with all of you! (Yes, Whoohoo and Soccer Tiki, I'll BE THERE.) Much Aloha! ~ Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 01:20 am   Permalink

And we're off and running... er, ummm, I mean, crawlin'!

At this pace, we'll actually be physically crawling come Saturday evening!

P.S. I loved your suggestions too, Mrs Miley. Ahhhhh, that one never gets old!

metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-09 02:20 am   Permalink

How cool. I can't wait to see you all Saturday night.....You're right Mai Tai. That Army of mugs does look ready to take over the world.....or at least my home bar.

Lava Lewie

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation