FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Crawl 9 is San Francisco! July 9 - 12 Free! UPDATE: last chance for mugs! and Mahalos! Page 10
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 06:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-09 00:56, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:

Looking forward to crawling with all of you! (Yes, Whoohoo and Soccer Tiki, I'll BE THERE.)

. WooooooooHooooooooooo!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-09 01:20, Mai Tai wrote:
And we're off and running... er, ummm, I mean, crawlin'!

I'm borrowin' this one because I've just gotta say it:

WOOOO HOOOOOO!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 2:10 pm   Permalink

Hello, my name is Mai Tai, and I will be your Crawl director.

This beer swilling fellow is none other that Tiki Central's owner and resident genius, Hanford Lemoore.

I am pleased to announce this year's Tiki Crawl offical mascot and Cat Herder, Midnite.

Look for us at your friendly neighborhood leg of the The Tiki Crawl!!! Feel free to come up and introduce yourself, if you're new to The Crawl. We'll make sure that Midnite gets you a name tag. See you at Trad'r Sam's!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 5:34 pm   Permalink

East Bay Saturday. YAY!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 5:44 pm   Permalink

Crazy Cat Lady duties are preventing me from crawling today. boo HIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 5:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-09 17:44, Haole'akamai wrote:
Crazy Cat Lady duties are preventing me from crawling today. boo HIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Get you duties done! Tomorrow we can WooHoo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 11:42 pm   Permalink

TIKI CRAWL 9 Day One

Trad'r Sam: It was retro night at Sam's tonight, my first visit ever. Pith helmets? Pith helmets! Those guys were Quicksand before Quicksand was cool.

Your Crawl Director Julie McCoy, err, Mai Tai, got the ball rolling by ordering what shall likely be the "Best Drink of SF Tiki Crawl 9" award winner. I'd vote for it, if I could. It tastes even better than it looks. Much more better-er.

Tonga Room: was, well...Tonga Room.

Bamboo Hut: No clue, I went to the Giants game. How was Bamboo Hut?

Remember, the SF Tiki Crawl is a marathon, not a sprint.

Pace yourselves,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-10 06:43 am   Permalink

Oakland Arrival 10:30am..... where's the closest Mai-Tai???

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bgutierrez

Posted: 2009-07-10 07:55 am   Permalink

My first tiki event (and my first post.) So far it's been awesome! I'm not coming out tonight (Friday), but definitely jumping in on Saturday. I've never been to Forbidden Island, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Thank you, everyone, for being so friendly to me and my wife. We are both total newbs to the tiki scene, and it's great to feel so welcomed!

View Profile of bgutierrez Send a personal message to bgutierrez  Goto the website of bgutierrez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 08:11 am   Permalink

Looks like last night was fun times. Mai Tai, what was in that drink? Looks like a girley man drink. Can't wait for this evening. Sneaking out of work at 2pm to meet you all at the hotel to hop on the bus. Yeehaw!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 11:15 am   Permalink

That drink is exactly three parts Draino to one part Orange sherbet. How it manages to taste like Children's Bayer aspirin is something I've been trying to work out the details on for years...

But the truth of the matter is, I LOVE TRAD'R SAM'S! There is something about the marriage of tiki and dive bar that gets me. Every single time.

Had a great time on the crawl last night! Looking forward to more, more, more!

Here are a few of the photos I took yesterday:

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, actually that's just the Trad'r Sam's sign. Never mind.

Singing a little bit of Little Brown Gal at the Tonga Room:

Suzanne and Humu at the Tonga Room:

Bamboo Hut ceiling (and no, I wasn't on the floor at that point):

Mai Tai, Humuhumu, Trott, Suzanne, Coco Loco

Down With Pants!

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 11:22 am   Permalink

Oh, and for those of you who were present last year during the filming, here is the link to:

Illinois Joan and the Legend of the Tahitian Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HxwcPqU_jg

Suzanne

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-10 4:17 pm   Permalink

WooHoooo! Let the Crawl Begin....Count Down 29 more minutes

Hukilau, Esq.

Posted: 2009-07-10 9:26 pm   Permalink

Made opening Crawl last night night in San Francisco. I can only hope that the Tonga Room doesn't go the way of the dodo. Tonga Itches and Blue Hawaiians at Tonga Room followed by by Forbidden Jungles, Face Erasers, and Painkillers at Bamboo Hut made for a good time. Couldn't make tonight but that might be for the best. Hot rods, fezzes, and tiki can be a recipe for traffic tickets :-} . We rented our own mini bus for the rest of the weekend. Mahalo. Hukilau, Esq.

View Profile of Hukilau, Esq. Send a personal message to Hukilau, Esq.      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-11 10:46 am   Permalink

The Friday Crawl was great!!! Here are some pics....
First Stop: Smoke Tiki

Then to Notch's Top Notch Shop:

Last stop of the night Trader Vic's Palo Alto:

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation