FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 7:54 pm   Permalink

Nice one, Benz!
~Great to see some new carving!
and it looks great too

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-24 07:25 am   Permalink

WOW! What a way to start a new thread! I like the mild mannered little hat he's sportin'!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-25 01:27 am   Permalink

OK Benz, how did I missed this one yesterday? I was on here for a few minutes in the morning and then right off to work. Never checked back in last night when I got home.. Good to see you started a new thread, finally. Wendy is lucky to have this one, sweet.. Good thing he didn't break off right in the middle of his head! I also love the little topper he's sporting. Looks very familiar. I've seen some thing like that before somewhere. Oh yeah, on one of the cartoon shows.. Next please!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-26 8:01 pm   Permalink

Hi Clarita,Light of my tiki Candle So happy ton see you here and Yes seaurchins have Mean, Nasty Spines built for Self-defence. so here are a few different shapes and sizes. I'm not sure there is a Love story here except many sea creatures Love to eat urchins and a few have found ways to get past the spines as we all know. Thanks Clarita!

Tiki Dudley, Thanks, Nice seeing you hangin 'round again too!

Thanks Surfin', That cute little hat is a hard part of the spine, Polished to a fine surface where it connects to the body or "Test" of the urchin. I guess it is connected with tendons and muscles much like our own to allow it a limited movement or motion.

Thanks T-Paka, fro the kind words of wisdom and the feel goods too. Sherry Loves this little guy and just had to have him.Not quite finished with him yet tho. That little topper tidies up that "securing" end of the big stick so it will have a strong base to wildly swing away at predators trying to defeat and eat him.

Thanks everyone, I'm Really happy you like him as I really thought he was neat but I never know.

Also many of you have heard I was supposed to have shoulder surgery this past Tuesday, well it's been Delayed once again due to this nasty cold/flu bug that pops back up after I'm off antibiotics a few days. this has been going on since the end of November, Thanksgiving actually. I just started the 10th round of Antibiotics and had 6 rounds of Prednisone and it Still's coming back> I'm feeling a little bit about the guy who was murdered by a Spoon. You had to see it to know.Anyway its getting really OLD.
More Later
Love ya's

Benz

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-26 9:30 pm   Permalink

Very cool Ben and different! Stay well, take time to heal

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 01:11 am   Permalink

WOW, Benz, this moai looks really awesome, Sir.

Can't wait for an update 'cause you seem to be a "little behind" in your work

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-27 08:14 am   Permalink

Oh,Thanks, very cool! I get it now, there are a bunch of species of sea urchins, I didn't know that, I only knew this one

And I've meant to say, it sounds like a H.P. Lovecraft story, he was an American science fiction/ terror writer (1890-1937)
That was obsessed with the idea that real life it's not comprehensible by the human mind, that the world is meanly alien.
That all human history happen by chance, because this planet really belongs to the huge alien creature that is asleep under the ocean, and that when IT wakes up, the real destiny of the world is going to take place.
He has some stories, where people find remains of alien civilizations that took place way before our time (I mean human time)
He had very interesting sci-fi/ terror ideas, and his characters where always fighting between 'seeing the truth' and madness...
Some of his stories are very good and very scary, others not so good really.
But he managed to create his own sci-fi/ terror universe and I guess he is one of the main influences, among Edgar Alan Poe, on terror literature of today.

I hope you feel better soon, (go away bug!!!) try to eat a lot of vitamin C, that would help a little... Sending you a lot of energy from the south!! (but don't use it all to carve, save it to feel better!) and a big hug!
____
My Space

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2009-03-27 08:31 ]

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 02:16 am   Permalink

Hey Benz,
Great start on the new thread. Realy surprised on the sea urchin spine. I do have some sea urchin shells lying around wich I caught as a kid on a holliday.
I then learned there are not only sea creatures that like em as food. I sold them to tourists who ate them like you would eat an oyster. Alive and right out the shell
Hope you feel better soon.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-29 1:21 pm   Permalink

Your thread is more and more interesting...thank's a lot for information and pix!
Take care of yourself for the surgery of the shoulder, the Michael Moore's movie "Sicko" make me more afraid that HP Lovecraft...

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 03:40 am   Permalink

Well Thanks Grapa-ru and loajia your kind words and comments make me feel like carving up a storm,
It is hard typing with my left hand so I won't be saying much but I'll be hanging around watching you guys.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-02 10:16 am   Permalink

hey benz,
hope you feel better and hope the reason your typing left handed is that you had the surgery to repair your shoulder. good luck and take care of yourself.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 05:00 am   Permalink

Thanks Big Daddy.......
Oh Yeah, I Finally had the surgery to repair a torn Rotator-cuff last Tuesday the 31st and timed it just right between the out going cold and the incoming. the nurses mentioned that I was a bit congested but they worked thru it.(how nice!) Anyway the surgery went well and I'm supposed to be in this arm sling 6 to 8 weeks but there is a lot I can do with the sling on my arm,,for instance the level of my arm wearing it is just the same as the bench where I carve, So I'll check it out today before Pt and see how much it limits the work/play action.
More later.

laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 06:35 am   Permalink

Just one day after and you get back on carve, incorrigible you are! Be careful to a good healing...

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 07:46 am   Permalink

WOW, you're a hero !
Take care of you Benz, because we need frequent "Benz fix" to feel good here on T.C.
Rotator thing is on the shoulder isn't it ? Does this mean no more Chainsaw ?
I can hold it for you if you need

Best wishes for your healing,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 08:27 am   Permalink

Benz,
Great work on the urchin spines, very cool. That little guy has alot of character. Hope the healing happens quickly and permanently. Our best to you.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation