FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 11:29 am   Permalink

Hey Mooney, Thanks for the kind words. So little Ryan found out that drywall carves easy, That is SO Funny, Except of course the part about fixin' it up!

SDShirtman, I' thought about it but it seems uneasy to do. There is so much boring stuff in between the carving parts so lots of editing needs to be done. I'll hafta' see what I can do?

Joined a local rock and Gem club so's I could have access to some bigger tools and I have to take a course in cabbing before I can use the saws and stuff. It's OK, I can get the certification in a few classes maybe , did the second one today and I'm gonna cheat a bit and finish my cab at home.....Shhhhh!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 11:42 am   Permalink

Hooray! Ben - you joined your local rock and gem club - glad to read that.

If you ever find yourself wanting to experiment with southwestern Agate and Jasper, don't hesitate to contact me. I can supply you with beautiful, durable and absolutely colorful material. My pleasure.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 5:13 pm   Permalink

hello benz!! the jade carving and tusk are incredable you just amaze me every time i look at your stuff!! you are THE MAN!! cheerz!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 6:43 pm   Permalink

EEK! That bone looks naturally organic! Not carved by a HUMAN hand!! Perfect flow Benz.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-15 9:17 pm   Permalink

BUMP!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-16 7:01 pm   Permalink

What surfintiki said "Perfect flow"

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-17 11:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-06 07:41, Benzart wrote:
Thanks Amate, I appreciate your words of wisdom. Most of the time I prefer the wood too but a couple years ago a couple friends twisted my arm and got me started carving jade and stone and it's like a real battle between the 3 of them and then some bone was thrown into the mix and in many ways bone wins out because it demands all your skills but I really like the media I am carving at the time the most. It's like I'm being torn between them all?

What a real challenge , cuz I'm sure the different materials act differently
under different circumstances. (that was too many big words)

Very nice work Ben.

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-17 7:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiG, Yes I Joined and was up front with them about my reasons, To be able to use their saws and other tool, and they didn't mind as long as I took a capping class . They allowed me to join one which was 4 weeks done already based on looking at my stone and jade work. Today was my 3rd class and they gave me the go=ahead to come to the open workshop where I can come in and use all the tools but they want me to give a demonstration of my work. I had taken the cab I created on my 2nd class and finished it at home and started a carving on it. It took a bit of time just to decide what to carve on this jade Cabochon. I finally decided to carve a Manaia and it hasn't been easy. There are sooo many variations of this thing And most do not make sense, to me anyway.So with all that in mind here is what I've come up with so far. He's a bit lumpy and bumpy but hopefully I'll be able to clean him up and ad some surface detail on him.

Sorry I forgot some peeps;
TikiG, Thanks, you never know?

Big Tiki Scott, thanks too, for being amazed all the time.

Surfin, Thanks, sometimes I don't feel very human too, glad you Like it.

Jerome, Thanks for the Bumps.

Seeks, thanks too .

Thanks Kino, Yes Lots of different tools Challenges and different methods for each material. Fun, Fun, Funny

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-11-17 20:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-11-19 10:55 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-17 8:46 pm   Permalink

Awesome carve and beautiful colored stone, then I realize HOLY BATSH!T - it's carved on a stone the size of my thumbnail!!! And you hope to "add some surface detail" with what, an electron microscope!!???

We expect nothing short of spectacular from you Benzart and you haven't disappointed us

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-17 9:08 pm   Permalink

You too, you carve incredible Manaia... I admire the tail knot! Wow! In this scale is a real feat.

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 03:14 am   Permalink

Great piece Ben! I was just at a gem and mineral show last weekend, I wanted to buy some jade cabs, but chickened out. I was thinking they were too small to do anything decent with. I should have known you'd be able to squeeze something wonderful from the stuff. I wish I could be there to see the looks on all those rockhound-lapidary faces when you show this.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 1:39 pm   Permalink

Ben, I see your still powering up that electron microscope to work on those details. Your last piece is coming along exceptionally as always. I really like the fluidity of this one. You just don't want to stop looking at it. Phenomenal work as always. Happy carving!

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 3:16 pm   Permalink

Gasp! Can't catch breath... motor skills failing... THUD

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 4:09 pm   Permalink

i love his little arm!

go MICROBENZ go!

Maori-Wowee!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 7:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDog, Appreciate the comps and the big shoes. Hopefully I won't Disappoint!

Jerome, Thanks to you too, these are tricky little buggers to carve no? I only hope to make him turn out as well as yours.

Thanks Mango,If it was in Port Saint Lucie. I was at that show too and that is the club I joined. This coming weekend id=s a Giant show in Palm Beach at the Fairgrounds. The jade that guy had was Very thin,, come down and I'll fix you up! ( Oh yeah, Yhey Love it and want me to teach a class.)

TikiLizard, Thanks for the kind words, Ya, I Need one of those Scopes.

Careful there Hank, take a few deep breaths, There now. Thanks I'll get the other side done soon!

Thanks L'ilTiki, Lost or knot! Glad you likes this little guy. I could Swear the Cab looked Much bigger than this when I started!

Heere is the latest update, doesn't look like much but only a lot of shaping and cleaning,, getting the lumps and dips out.

Image uploaded.

Your Uploaded Images
Images uploaded by you in the last 24 hours:
How do I include these images in my posts?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation