FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » by bai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
by bai
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 01:18 am   Permalink

tres chic!
(great background, too)

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-05 05:01 am   Permalink

Woody strolls across the room... kicks his left foot upon the bar rail. Barkeep, pour me something strong! The proprietor slides a shot the length of the bartop. Woody slugs the firewater onto the back of his throat, then whips the shotglass SLAM! atop the bar. Woody whispers over to Bum... See that mysterious gal in the corner? She makes me horny...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-05 08:49 am   Permalink

Absolutely gorgeous, the glaze looks just like dark varnished wood.

9 cm is a little less than 4 inches wide. 10 inches tall and 9 inches wide would make her a bit, shall we say...fat

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 11:29 am   Permalink

so incredible there Bai!

lovin how you disappear
show a bit
disappear
and SHAM-POW!
it's finished
and beautiful
and you made a sash...

rad...

come visit us all again!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 2:41 pm   Permalink

Each one of your pieces are perfect, and some how, with each of your postings, you manage to destroy what my idea of "perfection" is.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-05 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-22 06:49, Tahitiki wrote:
Awesome design dude!!! I love your stuff.

Sorry Bai, just a work thing, at my job everybody calls each other dude (girls and boys) or "guys" is often used to say Hi to a group of girls, I guess it's just a "deformation professionelle".
J'apprecie beaucoup vos Mugs, ce sont les plus belle que j'ai vue sur tikicentral, a quand les commandes pour tikifarm. Votre style surpasse tous ce que j'ai pu voire jusqu'a maintenant, bravo, du grand art.
Je n'avais pas l'intension de vous offencer, c'est une vrai brise de fraicheur d'avoir enfin une fille qui nous met tous la claque!
Plein de Bisous
Tahitiki.

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2009-07-05 21:42 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 9:58 pm   Permalink

Beautiful!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 10:22 pm   Permalink

That's such a beautiful piece of art.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baï
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 11:27 pm   Permalink

THANK YOU !!! I feel like I have a Big pressure now ... to not desapoint you
but I'm glad you appreciate my work!

Kenny: thank you for supporting me in all my new post. Actually.. if you only knew what happens to me this late few weeks you'll know why I disapear...

Tahitiki : no problemo Je n'avais pas mal pris du tout votre commantaire. Je faisais juste un clin d'oeuil car beaucoup (qui ne me connaisse pas encore) pense que je suis un garçon. Il semblerait que l'univers du Tiki est attaché à l'idée que seul les hommes savent faire des Tikis... et cela m'amuse beaucoup! et merci pour ce joli commentaire.

ok... so now Tiki Mama is waiting for you :

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32995&forum=12&0

View Profile of Tiki Baï Send a personal message to Tiki Baï  Goto the website of Tiki Baï     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-07 2:11 pm   Permalink

Magnificent!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baï
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 06:31 am   Permalink

thank you Babalu... I really need it...
anyway...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32995&forum=12&4

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Baï 2009-07-08 06:36 ]

View Profile of Tiki Baï Send a personal message to Tiki Baï  Goto the website of Tiki Baï     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 11:52 am   Permalink

I like Tiki moma she is primitive and modern like a witco, with your own twist, nice!
and you did the mold thing for peanut Bob perfectly too,I see, congrats!
Are you taking a class, or doing it by your self, or what? tell us a little about the learning journey, please! I know it's hard in an other language, but it would be nice to know more about you and this exiting mugs you are making much aloha

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baï
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 02:06 am   Permalink

thank you Clarita!
all this, is real challenge and reconvertion for me.
so I know that you all might think why do I not write that much on my topic and just show my work?...
The fact is I have several handicap :

I'm reeeeally shy! (people who know me can tell).
I'm a girl
I'm French
I'm new in the Tiki world
I leave in Paris (the opposite place from where are all the tiki party)

But I have to say that first of all, I was very lucky to know Squid. he is the most talented person I've ever met.
He gave me the opportunity to come and see for real all the magic of the tiki world. He introduce me to lot of friends. wich I hope I can consider as my friends too.

So for talking about my work... Actually It comes like an evidence...
I think I didn't have that much trust in me. And Squid pushed me as he can
so I first started in one Babalu's Clay jam (one of my favorite souvenir)
and I will always remember what Babalu told me : "girl, you have Clay in your blood".
and since it's coming from such talented person as Babalu and Squid... It came like revelation to me!
so this winter I've done a "learning glaze class" to know better what is all about.
I'm sure that all the ceramist artist can tell.. how much the "Glaze" is difficult to manage
so now..
I still want to make my proof and hope I can cross the world with my art. Since I'm stuck in Paris.

I hope this can help to know me better.

oh! and don't forget! Tiki Mama still on ebay for 14 hours now.. DON'T MISS IT!
ebay number: 130316977782

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-12 02:06, Tiki Baï wrote:
and I will always remember what Babalu told me : "girl, you have Clay in your blood".

So Bai, are you saying you never worked with clay before this?!?!?
If that's true, that makes your fantastic pieces all the more fantastic!
I would guess you did other types of art before clay, and before tiki. Could you please share any history with us?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-12 02:06, Tiki Baï wrote:
thank you Clarita!
all this, is real challenge and reconvertion for me.
so I know that you all might think why do I not write that much on my topic and just show my work?...
The fact is I have several handicap :

I'm reeeeally shy! (people who know me can tell).
I'm a girl
I'm French
I'm new in the Tiki world
I leave in Paris (the opposite place from where are all the tiki party)

But I have to say that first of all, I was very lucky to know Squid. he is the most talented person I've ever met.
He gave me the opportunity to come and see for real all the magic of the tiki world. He introduce me to lot of friends. wich I hope I can consider as my friends too.

So for talking about my work... Actually It comes like an evidence...
I think I didn't have that much trust in me. And Squid pushed me as he can
and since it's coming from such talented person as Babalu and Squid... It came like revelation to me!
so this winter I've done a "learning glaze class" to know better what is all about.
I'm sure that all the ceramist artist can tell.. how much the "Glaze" is difficult to manage
so now..
I still want to make my proof and hope I can cross the world with my art. Since I'm stuck in Paris.

I hope this can help to know me better.

oh! and don't forget! Tiki Mama still on ebay for 14 hours now.. DON'T MISS IT!
ebay number: 130316977782

Thanks Bai!
...Well I knew most of that, reading Babalu's thread, there you can see and read everything about your first Big Bang clay jam (I think that's how Babalu calls them..).
So i knew you are a girl (that likes to paint her nails very pink )
that you were there with squid making your first mug, the one with the little birdie and that he itroduced you to everybody
about your handicaps (you depressed me a little)
to be very shy a get it, it is a big one,
to be a girl is only a problem if you are single or are the girl of an anonimous guy (try not dating a cool tiki guy that every one respects, and have to be respected by yourself...)
to be French it's great because 50% of people in the US loooves europe (try be from south America..)
new to the tiki world (everybody were new at some point)...
But what i've meant to ask, is how you went from 0, to know everything about how to make a plaster mold? or to manage to hollow a mug like tiki moma or the hei tiki, that if you do wrong it will explode in the fire, that king of stuff, workshop knowledge, I know Babalu still explode stuff in the fires, but you seem to do everything perfect, that's what i wanted to know... how you do it!!
Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway, your work it's great and you will cross the world with it for sure!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation