FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » by bai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
by bai
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 2:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bai!
...Well I knew most of that, reading Babalu's thread, there you can see and read everything about your first Big Bang clay jam (I think that's how Babalu calls them..).
So i knew you are a girl (that likes to paint her nails very pink )
that you were there with squid making your first mug, the one with the little birdie and that he itroduced you to everybody
about your handicaps (you depressed me a little)
to be very shy a get it, it is a big one,
to be a girl is only a problem if you are single or are the girl of an anonimous guy (try not dating a cool tiki guy that every one respects, and have to be respected by yourself...)
to be French it's great because 50% of people in the US loooves europe (try be from south America..)
new to the tiki world (everybody were new at some point)...
But what i've meant to ask, is how you went from 0, to know everything about how to make a plaster mold? or to manage to hollow a mug like tiki moma or the hei tiki, that if you do wrong it will explode in the fire, that king of stuff, workshop knowledge, I know Babalu still explode stuff in the fires, but you seem to do everything perfect, that's what i wanted to know... how you do it!!
Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway, your work it's great and you will cross the world with it for sure!

[/quote]

Sorry Clarita I didn't understand the meaning of your question.
and I'm sorry if I depressed you with my post. It was just a joke... about all sort of handicap... just for explain that I don't write that much in my post that's all. but looks like you took it for real and I'm not certain about what you trying to say...
but anyway...
for answer your question.. now I do understand... of course as anybody.. I had my very bad days too. not a long time ago. I had one of my sculp explode in a kiln... I had some very bad moment with glaze too...etc... but I'm not sure that's what people want to know. Actually I asked lots of questions about how to fire.. how to glaze.. and what kind of glaze..blahblahblah to a girl name Severine who gave me the glaze lesson. So I guess she teach me a lot! and I'm gona give you a confidence.. I still ask for some solution to babalu... so no... all I do is not perfect..
But thank you Clarita for supporting me anyway...

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 2:56 pm   Permalink

oh sorry i thought you were serious.
what i was trying to say was , stop whining and post more, because you are interesting
that's the point of the creating tiki section, for the artists to be able to share their experiences, good or bad.
and yes you have my total support! rock on

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 3:39 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2009-07-12 16:20 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 04:13 am   Permalink

Thank you Clarita for your precious councils which I'll keep in mind for the future !
I'm so sure your post will help me to be appreciate for my own value.

anyway,
here comes the new bowl I made :
TIKI JUMO

Will see what's happen with glaze later..

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 05:45 am   Permalink

Every piece better than the last!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 07:40 am   Permalink

Wow, incredible!

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 07:46 am   Permalink

TIKI JUMO!

WOW...
Marquesan with a nod to Pre-Colombian figurines thrown in there!
AND,the best part...it's waaaaay CUTE!
You nailed it again,bai!
Can't wait to see some glaze magic on this bowl!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 09:57 am   Permalink

Bai, That is an amazing bowl! love the straw placement!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-20 10:32 am   Permalink

Bai....The bowl is awesome...as is all of your work!!
Cant wait to see it finished!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 11:15 am   Permalink

So cool, love the marquesas theme.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-07-20 11:16 am   Permalink

Perfection.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2009-07-20 11:45 am   Permalink

Super sweet!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 12:16 pm   Permalink

oh sorry, you are very very appreciated around here you know it, and you are very interesting to me, that's what i've meant to say, i didn't like the handicap part because i didn't understand it was a joke, sorry again. but who cares about my mumbling, let's party with the coolest bowl!!
beautiful! love all the work you did on it.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2009-07-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

Tiki Baļ keeps rolling out the heart stoppers, eye poppers and jaw droppers
on her amazing solo ceramic debut climbing skyward to #1 in 2009's TIKI MUG HIT PARADE!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-20 3:52 pm   Permalink

oh my GOD! Amazing, amazing, amazing!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation