FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » by bai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
by bai
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-18 6:42 pm   Permalink

Too Cool!!
I always enjoy your work!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baï
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 06:41 am   Permalink

Hello everyone
once again... all your comments are a very good therapy I always feel good after a visit on TC. Thank you
so now... note for later : never mix differents types of clay... it's a very bad idea... you spend lot of time and energy... and when it looks like it could works finally the glaze come out totally broke... all these to tell you forget about the kraken... I'll try next time an other one...
anyway, here are some new creations :

PROJET NOIX DE COCO ( moins glamour en français)

Bottle of rum (I succed my mold.. YAY!!!!)

KOMEA ( the name means kind od beautiful.. in Finnish language.I'm half finnish that's the reason and some words looks like polynesian to me.

and I show this one just because I forgot to do it.:

MAURICE

View Profile of Tiki Baï Send a personal message to Tiki Baï  Goto the website of Tiki Baï     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-03 10:14 am   Permalink

Holy Mackerel! How do you make everything so clean and sharp? GROG stuff only caveman quality.

Great stuff as always.

GROG must be half Finnish too, because most of GROG' stuff half finished.

GROG miss Bai.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 11:49 am   Permalink

Beeoootiful work as always! Love the Goodyear sticker on Maurice's shell. Wish I could Buy Bai.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-03 12:00 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Bai! Komea is too cool and I love the moustache on Maurice

PS Congrats on the mold, it's a skill well worth developing

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2010-08-03 12:01 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-05 10:36 am   Permalink

All of the above statements x 10!
Wish you were at Oasis! You would clean up!
Brilliant!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 12:20 am   Permalink

J'aimerais bien voir cette bouteille de rhum de plus prés... Fantastic work you do Baï!

j.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 12:25 am   Permalink

OMIGAWRSH!
I love them all
PROJET NOIX DE COCO is too cute!
and that lil menehune....
makes my heart swell!

you are unstoppable!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 08:37 am   Permalink

Sister, you are a clay goddess! I adore your work.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baï
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 03:30 am   Permalink

aloha,
I have some technical question ...
I would need some help from some talented mugs artist on TC.
I'm looking for some satin glaze or something like mat glaze looking.( see picture)

I would need a "brand" suggestion. I saw that duncan makes some... but they only have a very few colours.
http://www.duncanpaintstore.com/nmclay-bin/shop.pl/page=satin.htm/SID=1283071637.1914

first I was wondering if it was only underglaze ( with no glaze) or some "bisque-stain like acrylic if so... does it support to be wash since it does need to be fired?
http://www.duncanpaintstore.com/nmclay-bin/shop.pl/page=stain.htm/SID=1283071637.1914

Also... I try to find some colors like "honey- kind of wood looking" glaze ... ( see picture) lot of mugs makers use this kind of color... but I still don't know what color it is and what brand.

another question ; about some effect glaze.
I bought several effect glaze... but it never worked out like it suppose to be. I guess I have a problem with the kiln program. I've try several time to apply exactely the Duncan or Amaco notice but it never works.
and my last question: I'm looking for a red glaze (non toxic) I've also tryed to find it here but the red is always dark. I need something bright.

so... if anybody could help me with all this... I would be very grateful

and since I think you are expecting me to show something... here a new mug I made.
Flyin' eyeball. actually it's very funny when you have 2 of them on a bar.... looks like the bar have bigs eyes

Thanks for looking
à bientôt
Baï

View Profile of Tiki Baï Send a personal message to Tiki Baï  Goto the website of Tiki Baï     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-29 06:32 am   Permalink

Great work Tiki Bai!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-29 09:23 am   Permalink

Bai, hopefully some of the more knowledgeable people will pop in too but here's what I have found;

The more matte a finish is, the more porous it is and is not considered to be food safe. Food particles and bacteria can get embedded in the pores in the glaze. It is best to use a glossy glaze inside the mug and then you can decide how daring you want to be with the outside. I see lots of mugs with matte finish on the outside, I doubt there is any real bacteria risk. One option that's would be rather radical is to switch to high fire clay. As I understand, after about cone 5 or 6, (not 05 or 06) the clay shrinks enough in firing that it is food safe even without glaze.

Underglazes are fired and wash fine but are very porous. You can use underglaze then coat it with clear satin glaze, that really increases your color options.

Some of the Duncan
Courtyard Glazes and Designer Glazes have a less glossy finish, I like the Courtyards but Duncan had some formulation problems with the Designer Glazes, I have been hesitant to buy any new ones because I'm not sure they got that fixed.

As far as honey glaze, check out Duncan's Envision Butter Toffee

And the Duncan Envision NEON Red is pretty bright

Hope that helps

Mike

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 3:47 pm   Permalink

pm sent -

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baï
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 02:15 am   Permalink

Thank you for your Help Maddogsmike I really appreciate
and.. thank you Babalu to explain me.. how all the ceramist world works

so now here is the tiki tribe mug.. in construction need to work a lot now.. for having the right glaze on that one

Mahalo
Baï

AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 05:00 am   Permalink

Hey Bai,

definitly better without the teeths .... very very beautiful
Absolute amazing work

have a nice day

AKUAE

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation