FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW manaia pendant pg -10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
NEW manaia pendant pg -10
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-09 8:24 pm   Permalink

Out of all the tools i have My favorite tool of choice is still the six pack of beer. It may slow work down but ya just dont care by number six. Its a win win for me and the palm.

Although common sense is a good tool too so power tools should never be used with a six pack.... EVER! just a comfortable chair

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2010-08-09 20:30 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-10 12:06 am   Permalink

Great expressions in those carves, good work!

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 11:01 am   Permalink

Thanks Nomolos

here are some progress shots on the old trouble log (sable with dry rot). did most with the chain saw and finished with the angle grinder......still have some more to do but i let the log tell me what to do this time.........there was alot of deep damage on the back and in the area of the right eye position...... banged this puppy out in about 8 hours total...faster than a year........going to finish the face cuts and hopefully stain it this weekend.

AND..i have to dedicate this one to benella.......this piece was inspired by something he created a while back and he was kind enough to let me cut the piece similar to a body style he did......(for the record i asked his permission first) Thanks Benjamin!!! i still think his looked better though.....

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2010-08-31 11:02 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-31 12:00 pm   Permalink

Das looking guud, Chimpers.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 2:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-31 11:01, Creative Chimp wrote:

Amazing ! This one will be a masterpiece, that's sure.

Mahalo,

B.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 7:22 pm   Permalink

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. It's really good.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 1:17 pm   Permalink

The body came out really nice and the face is progressing nicely too! Its so hot in FL now that carving is a real struggle. I've been carving in my garage at night with the door closed. Its hot but at least the mosquitos don't eat me alive!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-31 11:01, Creative Chimp wrote:

Here we recognize well the style of Benella....

Great carve CC! Really good, especially as the model on my desk.

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 1:56 pm   Permalink

Grog....Thanks for lookin man!
Benella...couldnt have done it without ya....your version is still the best. this is just an ok copy of your original masterpiece..

Kahaka...thanks for the woooooooow
aloha.......YO MAN! thanks for looking and you aint kidding about this heat. not to mention the 100 feet of rain we got last week( i exaggerate a bit)

Laojia....yes i know it is benellas style. i asked him first. no point in copying but his design fit the log with all its problem areas. didn't want people on TC accusing me of ripping him off so i asked first!!!......thanks for checking it out man. your lucky to own the original benella masterpiece....wish i had one

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2010-09-01 13:59 ]

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 02:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-01 13:31, laojia wrote:

Here we recognize well the style of Benella....

Great carve CC! Really good, especially as the model on my desk.

J.

The benella's style is the beer the tiki's holding, because beer drives me crazy

You successed in putting your skills and style in this log dude, the cuts are neat.

B.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 06:04 am   Permalink

OOOOHHHH....ok bennella, i understand now ....thought laojia meant the design.....you mean you like beer too? i thought i was the only one that ever bought the stuff ha ha ha

YEEEES BEEEEEEEER!!!!!!! its SOOOOOOO F-ing GOOOOOOD! but not with power tools or heavy machinery.....i think!

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-02 06:56 am   Permalink

Love It!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-02 7:12 pm   Permalink

Classic! Great size, great body and that head WOW.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 12:25 pm   Permalink

I am digging this design!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 3:52 pm   Permalink

Nice carve!

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation