FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Pago Pago - all locations under one roof
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Pago Pago - all locations under one roof
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-05 11:16 am   Permalink

lol!!!

( that trail was crazy steep!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-05 2:35 pm   Permalink

Sven, we were only there for three days and I was working most of the time. The dinner at Sadie's was on the first night and I didn't get there until just before dark. Food was just ok but the Captain was buying so it was great! But I didn't get a chance to do any tikiology...

The second night I ate the best and largest plate of poke I have EVER had at The Sadie Thomson Hotel, not related to Sadie's by the Sea, wow it was good! Then even later that night I had the biggest MOUND of the best ahi sashimi I have EVER had! It just so happens that StarKist has a cannery on Pago Pago...Yes, they are over fishing, but If I hadn't eaten it it would have ended up in your can...

Third day I had a little more time off but used it to explore the island. Beautiful island but not a lot to do there. Did watch some traditional tap tap tattooing, almost made me want to get another one...

The Training Ship Golden Bear

For all you TC'ers out there thinking of seeing Samoa...I would recommend Western Samoa over American Samoa...More of the traditional culture has survived and there is more to do.

Signing out from 18 deg. north/160 deg. west...

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
busycorner

Posted: 2011-07-20 2:38 pm   Permalink

Didn't know the Pago Pago brand was so wide spread. I actually know the former owner of the Pago pago Club in Hawaii.

Here's latest iteration of all things tiki in the REAL Pago Pago. Go to nite life to see a cool video of a tiki club.

http://amsamoa-busycorner.blogspot.com/

From pago Pago, American Samoa

John Wasko

View Profile of busycorner Send a personal message to busycorner  Email busycorner Goto the website of busycorner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
busycorner

Posted: 2011-07-20 2:48 pm   Permalink

Here's a cdool video from Pago pago's most famous tiki barefoot bar, Tisa's.

That's Tisa featured in the video on a cruise ship day.

http://youtu.be/sAaEXkH-8UU

From Pago Pago, American Samoa

John Wasko

View Profile of busycorner Send a personal message to busycorner  Email busycorner Goto the website of busycorner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 2:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-18 15:56, Dustycajun wrote:
Matchbook listing the three Pago Pago locations in Illinois.

This variant, showing a different location not on Dustycajun's version, was sent to me by one of my contacts (thanks, Gina!).

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

Yavohl! On Mannheim Road in Schiller Park !? Maybe we finally found that rare animal, the GERMAN Beerhall/Tiki Bar crossover?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-15 10:23 am   Permalink

Picked up a few nice items lately....this one is a 3.5x5 original photo for unknown location Pago Pago. I believe it came from California, note the 76 Gas Station next door. If anyone has any info it would be fabulous. I googled many 76 stations near the locations listed but nothing comes up a perfect match. I wish the photo was a little bit sharper. Mahalo, OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-27 11:29 pm   Permalink

Great find OGR.

Here is a photo holder from the Pago Pago in Portland I tried for on ebay,

The photo of the happy imbibers.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 06:18 am   Permalink

Very nice DC...you have scored some very cool folders lately. I don't know if you saw my theory on the Pago Pago picture I wrote about on the South Seas Lincolnwood, IL-Locating Tiki thread..http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39849&forum=2&vpost=643593
I would like to think it's correct, but as you know...theory. OGR

[ This Message was edited by: Or Got Rum? 2012-08-28 06:22 ]

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-30 09:25 am   Permalink

Here's an ebay news-wire photo from the Pago Pago Club in New York City, dated Jan 1941.

I picked up this place-mat from the Pago Pago in Portland Oregon from Puamana.

Also spotted this swizzle from the Pago Pago in Burbank.

A menu from Phil's Pago Pago.

And a swizzle from Eddie's Pago Pago.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-30 09:30 am   Permalink

Great stuff DC. Thanks for keeping the Pago Pago parade going...and to ALL your Locating Tiki contributions. OGR

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-27 2:15 pm   Permalink

I picked up two cool souvenir photo holders from the Pago Pago at the International Settlement in San Francisco, dated April, 1945.

The first one shows three sailors on leave, enjoying some cold ones and a shot.

But what's this? The second one has a young lady involved, hmmm. Date night?

(The guy on the left looks MUCH happier!)

Back of the folder with the date.

You get a few good peeks at the interior in these photos.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-25 2:50 pm   Permalink

A very nice matchbox from the Pago Pago in Tuscon spotted on ebay.

Also saw this matchbook from the Club Pago Pago located in Colton, CA.

Turns out the Colton Pago Pago had a sister restaurant located in Honolulu, Hawaii as shown on this menu from Arkiva Tropika.

Makes you wonder about the Colton - Honolulu connection.

DC

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation