FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Art Swap 2009 #1 - PNG Theme. Done and dusted!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Art Swap 2009 #1 - PNG Theme. Done and dusted!
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-30 11:28, ravenne wrote:
Everyone is gonna hate me for this...but...
Er...maybe for the future Swamps...
there should be a strict rule...

all pieces should be unisex

it just isn't fair to post a purse...
if a guy gets it...what if he's single..??
Or just doesn't know any girlies that are into tiki?
then what? resell it? whadda ya do?

framing a purse..?
Er...
that's....
kinda...
lame...
sorry!!!!

SWAMPS?

eek I meant SWAPS!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 12:18 pm   Permalink

Detail is just about in there & for a finish.
I realize PNG is all about painting, but,
we all know I can't paint.
So I'm not going there.

I'm thinking a hand rub finish

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 12:19 pm   Permalink

HeHe - she said UNISEX!!

agreed.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having a Kinny inspired cod piece. Maybe we can work a private exchange - NOT!

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation 2009-06-30 12:27 ]

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 12:37 pm   Permalink

Here it is, all glazed and assambled, with bad lighting (sorry about that). The bamboo is for hanging but all the nails around the apartment are too short and volunrable for it.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-30 1:06 pm   Permalink

"...Christmas gift from 2 alcoholic parents..."

Last minute cool stuff!

Cap'n - bitchin' lamp

Tiki Diva - Welcome to TC & don't let the buzzards get you down, I think it's an awesome purse/wall hanging

nuKKe - sweet wall hanging, I have a weak spot for pieces using different colored clays.

Plugger - you'd better git jiggy wit it, remember that June 30th ends 3 hours earlier on the east coast (nice nose!)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 2:19 pm   Permalink

OK,
Got some finish goin on.
A few more details & we'll be there

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-30 2:43 pm   Permalink

wplugger.....Now that is what I call last minute. Lookin' good!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

How could Xmas with 2 boozin' 'Rent's be worse than Hanukkah presents from the 7/11? !
This photo Finnish of art submissions has more wonderful twists than an M. Night Shyamamalamamalan Movie
(His early work, of course!)

[ This Message was edited by: palapala 2009-06-30 14:49 ]

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-30 3:05 pm   Permalink

Speaking of M. Night Shyamalan...have you seen the preveiw for "The Last Airbender"? It looks Ef'in awesome!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 3:17 pm   Permalink

Wow, so many cool things. Makes me really sad now that I didn't finish and wont be a part of it.

I realized that I'm just not an experienced enough carver to try and get things done last minute. I've been busy with other things lately and the time got away from me.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 4:47 pm   Permalink

It's
Showtime

I chunked out the back to lighten it
& I may need to take out more. We'll
see who wins it.
Also I'm thinking hidden hanger but
may be a lether hanger from the top
could work.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 5:33 pm   Permalink

dang Will!
tis a beauty!

BEST SWAP EVER!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-30 14:48, palapala wrote:
How could Xmas with 2 boozin' 'Rent's be worse than Hanukkah presents from the 7/11? !

Having your boozin' parents forget Christmas, but tell you they'll make up for it during the post-Christmas sales. True story!

Some really great last minute offerings, this Swap is awesome. I think the subject matter afforded everyone a chance to produce something. We gots paintings, we gots carvings, we gots ceramics, and we gots textiles! I think we covered all the bases.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 7:55 pm   Permalink

Hey I was TRYING to be open-minded!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 7:58 pm   Permalink

Ok - my piece is almost done, I'm stringing her up right now, but here's some pictures in progress, I'm adding the string right after this post.

First photo is from about 2 weeks ago:

Here's all the carving done and stained:

With paint, front:

With paint, back:

I've had a busy month, but I've been working on her since the topic was chosen. Had to rush a bit since Sunday, but I'm really glad I got it done - there's some incredible stuff!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation