FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Art Swap 2009 #1 - PNG Theme. Done and dusted!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Art Swap 2009 #1 - PNG Theme. Done and dusted!
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 10:26 am   Permalink

Hey, all!
I have one "Hewe Meri" plaque left after my swap with Hewey..It's up for grabs if anyone would like to trade it for somethig they made...personal message me if you're interested!

[ This Message was edited by: palapala 2009-07-06 10:32 ]

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 9:07 pm   Permalink

This was way cool!!!! Great job everyone!!!!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 12:28 pm   Permalink

I really enjoyed seeing all of the cool coolishness on this swap... it is a pleasure to talk with so many creative geniuses and happy ohana....When's the Bob swap?

~Z.
(and yes, I mis-spelled 'genius')

Visit Zerotiki!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-07-11 15:55 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 12:24 pm   Permalink

Krisdrama was my swap partner and my package arrived today. It looks even better in person and is so lightweight!

I totally love it and excellent work!

And yes I think we should do a Tiki Bob swap next...because I already started on something!

Here is a pic of where it is hanging and a close up of its awesomeness. Thanks again Hewey for organizing!

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2009-07-11 12:26 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 08:18 am   Permalink

Aloha!

I received a package from Israel last Saturday afternoon..

Upon breaking open the seal I heard a not too subtle sigh of relief emanating from deep within the box buried under newspaper and foam peanuts

I placed my hands on either side of the box, reached down into the packing material, felt the coolness of the object and lifted. It seemed the package was giving birth

How exciting it is to lay eyes on a brand new, totally unique work of art, a work of art that was conceived and brought to life, literally, on the other side of the planet

Here I am proudly displaying my nuKKe PNG shield immediately following the installation of the piece front and center of my tiki shrine at home. Thanks nuKKe for such a beautiful work of art.

Now on to the next swap. What's the official theme? Tiki Bob? Okay!

Aloha - TikiG

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 02:22 am   Permalink

TikiG - so, so cool! Thanks for posting the picture. I love seeing my work among more tikis than in the entire state of Israel.

Yeah, Bob. When?

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 05:35 am   Permalink

Painting by Zerotiki has found a new home in the CongaLounge.
Colors are great and I love it. Fits nicely next to the door
into the back bar

Many thanks Zero....happy to have it!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-15 3:44 pm   Permalink

Did someone say "Tiki Bob"? Sounds like a good theme (I like Palapala's "7 Deadly Sins" theme too) Is it too early for another swap? Will someone volunteer to organize it? I'm kinda a newbie, how's this work?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artosaurus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 9:04 pm   Permalink

I received my MP mug this week!
The pictures didn't do it justice. It's outstanding!
A true work of art.
I made out like a bandit.

I was going to put it with my other mugs but, after seeing it
in person, decided it should go in the living room so it could
be seen by more people.

Here are a couple of pics:

Thanks, MP!

View Profile of artosaurus Send a personal message to artosaurus  Email artosaurus Goto the website of artosaurus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-16 01:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-15 15:44, MadDogMike wrote:
Did someone say "Tiki Bob"? Sounds like a good theme (I like Palapala's "7 Deadly Sins" theme too) Is it too early for another swap? Will someone volunteer to organize it? I'm kinda a newbie, how's this work?

It is not too hard to organise a swap. First you have to put it out there. Start a thread saying you think it would be a good time for a swap - ask people for opinions on the theme and whether or not enough people want to participate. Set a cut off date - by this date everyone who wants to participate in the swap needs to have photos of the finished product posted on the swap thread. This is so you know they have a product to swap. In past swaps (on other forums) some people havent had their piece finished by the due date but said that they would so they were still included. They then get their new swap piece from their partner and then slack off finishing and sending theirs. To stop this from happening you need to be tough on the cut off date - no photo of the finished piece then they will not be included in the swap. After the cut off date write down all the names of the people who posted photos of their finished pieces, cut the names up seperately and put them in a hat/box, draw the names. The first 2 names drawn out of the hat will be swapping partners, the next 2 names drawn will be swapping partners, and so on till all the names have been drawn..

In the end the organiser simply acts as a facilitator of the swap - they also need to make the final decision on time frame, theme etc.

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 2:35 pm   Permalink

Another swap method is chain-swapping, i.e A sends to B who sends to C and so forth.

I don't mind organizing either. I used to be involved in the mail-art scene and art/craft-trade movement a(and managed to combine some tiki in it every now and then) and organized quite a few swaps and LMAO's (Land Mail Art Objects). It's as simple as Liana put it really.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-16 4:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-16 14:35, nuKKe wrote:
I don't mind organizing either.

After reviewing the record, it seems that Tiki Bob was YOUR idea! You have to organize it

I'm not trying to rush things, maybe people need some time off before another swap. But I've got my sketchbook out and I'm working on a few ideas

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-16 8:23 pm   Permalink

I say...Lets get this next art swap into gear!!!

My motor is Revvin' also!!

Whats the theme...Tiki Bob??

[ This Message was edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-07-16 20:24 ]

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-17 01:11 am   Permalink

I feel that it may be a little too soon to start a new swap yet - all the participants from this swap haven't even received their new pieces of art yet! Also, you guys spent alot of time and effort creating the art for this swap - have a break!!

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-17 12:05 pm   Permalink

Dang, Congatiki! You have amazed and awed me with your PNG mask-y goodness!
AMAZING!!!!

here he is watching over my mug cabinet... an important job for my newest buddy...

Millions of Mahalos, Man!!!!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation