FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Watango Productions . tiki's by Campbell
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Watango Productions . tiki's by Campbell
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-09 2:07 pm   Permalink

Great new carves Watango, great looking pieces plus you are a master at finishing. Also I am salivating at that new hunk of lumber. Endless possibilities!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-09 7:08 pm   Permalink

that ku is SICK!!!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-12 1:26 pm   Permalink

Cy,Nixxon.5150-thanks for the comps guys.Glad you dig my work back with more soon.Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 09:11 am   Permalink

i love your finishing technique....great color and the chisel cuts look great on all your stuff. good work..good work

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 2:11 pm   Permalink

C chimp-thanks for the comp,head'n out to the yard now to start work on the logo peice
for a new club/gang(sounds tougher)lol some freinds and I are start'n.Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 9:43 pm   Permalink

You're a regular carving madman lately Watango! Nice chops on all the latest pieces, and those are some hefty logs.

Nice variety of wood lately, and that's a good thing. It teaches you flexibility in carving, and when you switch from hardwoods to palm you can really go to town.

Keep on carving!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 8:31 pm   Permalink

lakes-thanks for the comp Dave being a big fan of your work your posts are allways
appreciated.Trying to stay motivated and push out more piece's, so now that I have a steady supply
of quality timber theres no excuse.Cheers Watango

[ This Message was edited by: Watango productions 2011-11-20 12:17 ]

Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 8:38 pm   Permalink

Howdy Tcers,Here's a shot of the logo my buddy Lluis did for our new tiki gang,should be cool to
hang out over maitai's and celebrate all things tiki.

And a few pics of my 1st attempt at carv'n him,will have to do a few more of these hopefully so I can
see this design fine tuning itself along the way.Cheers Watango

Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 8:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Watango productions 2011-11-28 20:42 ]

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 09:04 am   Permalink

I like it! If you do another, I suggest cutting the log in half. I've found that you can get a better representation of a graphic image when you don't have to worry about the back. Most illustrations don't take the third dimension into thought

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-01 7:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha station-Glad you like this guy and thanks for the handy tip on split'n the log
in two which makes more sense as i did struggle a bit on working out how to wrap
the design around the log.The next one will be a wall hang'n piece for sure and another
bonus to this is I can get two pieces out of the one log, Sweet!!Thanks again.Cheers Watango

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-12-02 07:33 am   Permalink

I love the design with the rounded eyes, and you carved it very nicely by curving them in in the middle - it adds quite a lot of character to the piece! Splitting the log in half is a great idea and you're right - twice the amount of tikis for one piece of wood! You did a great job on the full round, using the entire log and I think you successfully transferred that 2d design into a tiki that can stand guard by the entrance to your club's tiki hut!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 03:10 am   Permalink

Polynesiac-thanks for stop'n by glad you likey.Cheers Watango

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 06:01 am   Permalink

Twice the wood and twice the fun.

This is a current WIP.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-04 06:38 am   Permalink

Whoah! I think that came out awesome! I wanna join that club!!!!
Aloha, you ALWAYS have somethin' cookin!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation