FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Wild and Not So Wild World
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Wild and Not So Wild World
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-01-18 10:55 pm   Permalink

If ya haven't met my Mom at a Tiki event, if you ever see her, take the opportunity to talk her up, she is quite a character, just turned 92. All the Sacramento Ohana know her cause she comes to visit me every year a couple of times and I usually throw a party when she is here, she has also been to Oasis a couple of times with me. Still lives by herself out in the mountains in Lakeside, Ca on 10 acres, big ranch house, swimming pool, and drives an SUV. She is only about 5 feet tall, but don't let the white hair, make-up, jewelry and her snappy outfits fool ya...she is lethal.

Last year she walks in her big bathroom that has a sliding glass door onto the pool covered by a floor length curtain. She sees the curtain moving and looks down to see a rattle snake getting ready to coil up. Most of us would have closed the snake in the bathroom and called someone over to kill it, but not my Mom...she closes the door with her and the snake facing off in the bathroom cause she doesn't want it to get in the rest of the house and not be able to find it. The snake is hissing at her, so she is looking around to try to think of something to kill it with...lipstick, hair spray...no...she grabs the toilet brush and as it strikes at her she beats it to death. She put it in a jar and took it to the local herpetologist who says it was a diamond back rattler. It was about 2 feet long.

Don't let her get near you with a toilet brush or you can kiss your arse goodbye.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 01:07 am   Permalink

Wow, reading your description made me think of Choctaw Bingo by James McMurtry. She sounds like she could fit right into that song.

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-20 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-01-18 17:48, MadDogMike wrote:
Tom, I'm envious of your office window view

My window looks out onto the road and some condos...
but this is the back side...

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 07:32 am   Permalink

Appropriate story for recent events!
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/2011/01/lucky_dog_chihuahua_escapes_hu.html

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-07 12:04 pm   Permalink

While most of the country has been plagued by crappy weather South Florida has been fantastic. To celebrate many of my friends and I were getting the families together for a day at the beach. Sunny in the 80s with a slight breeze, Saturday was the perfect day to enjoy the warm waters and good friends. Little did we realize that it was Man-O-War breeding season...

We cancelled the day at the beach.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-07 12:29 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap Tom!!!

At least they look pretty on the beach

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 8:46 pm   Permalink

Man of War. With a name like that I would cancel too.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 12:40 pm   Permalink

I wonder how they congregate, if they have no propulsion/swimming abilities.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 4:33 pm   Permalink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_man_o'_war

No need to look to outer space for aliens!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 10:28 pm   Permalink

"zooids, attached to each other, incapable of independent survival, float is above the water, acting as a sail" Sounds like scy fy to me. Crazy wild life.

Driving up to my home the other day 3 or 4 pigeons take off at high speed from my neighbors roof. Right behind, a hawk, reaches out with claws and a big fluff of feathers floats away. Right now one pigeon has a nekked butt. It would have been so cool if the hawk had nailed it mid-air. Mother nature never stops amazin.'

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-13 6:17 pm   Permalink

I finally found out what has been taking 5 pound craps on my car!

A huge owl has been roosting on the wire over my car. It's a crappy picture, somewhat appropriate for such a crappy bird. I console myself with the hope that he will eat the gopher who gnawed my papaya tree off at the ground.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-13 6:24 pm   Permalink

That owl has an attitude! Look how he is glaring at the camera!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-02-14 02:56 am   Permalink

Squid send this picture to GROG a couple of days ago. Seems they've had some visitors at the house of Sabu where Squid resides.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-02-14 02:57 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-15 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-14 02:56, GROG wrote:
House of Sabu

Now that's a great name for a Tiki bar/restaurant

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-15 11:55 pm   Permalink

I agree Unga,

but I would be afraid to use the restroom in the House of Sabu.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation