FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New and old sketches by MP *1997-present* new pics added 4/10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
New and old sketches by MP *1997-present* new pics added 4/10
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 8:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha friends, want to share some more raku fun from this weekend.
My clay group planned this one about three weeks ago and I had these
slip casts ready so off I went. I spent about eight hours glazing these
guys on Saturday, then it was off to the mountain on Sunday morning.

Some of the first batches lining up. All day we were treated to sun, crazy clouds,
hail, rain and a little bit of snow.

A group shot of everybody together. Glazing and firing nine raku mugs in two days is a crapload of work.

Here are the Irwin mugs in celedon, lo fire neon red and lo fire neon orange. I try not to scour
them to hard so they stay a little smokey looking.

Here are the Square Bobs all lined up. The first black one just has white crackle on his face and his bark left unglazed
got a ton of carbon jammed in there. Both of the others have white crackle faces and neon red
and neon orange lo fire glazes.

The first "frank" here has a glaze called abalone, this luster glaze can have crazy efects including gold colors.
Frank here is kind of like shark skin. In soft light it has subtle rose colors and the in brighter light it looks just like copper.
Check out the knarly, bubbly skin on the red Franks right leg.

This color reminds me of the orange guitar amps.

Frank got some crazy flashing and some crusty texture on his left leg.

In some areas I added clear crackle on top of the lo fire glaze which didn't crack much but added some
lighter texture/difference that helped the overall look of the piece. Another killer day with friends and fire!!!
As always, thanks for looking.

If anyone is interested, I will be putting all of these mugs on ebay starting tonight and the next few days.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-08 9:03 pm   Permalink

dayum...all look amazing MP!!!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-08 9:06 pm   Permalink

Great billows of carbon smoke!!!!! Very nice finishes MP, love the random flashes!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-08 9:40 pm   Permalink

wow

those are beautiful. if you have any interest in a trade, please let me know. you do great work in the raku.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 05:09 am   Permalink

These are looking just great, keep up the fine work.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 07:09 am   Permalink

wow the bobs look awesome all raku'd up.

Good stuff as always MP. Love these colors!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-09 10:26 am   Permalink

Yay!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 11:14 am   Permalink

RAKU MASTAH!
Beautiful Batch there!
the orange and red colors POP!

Carbon king you are empee!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-12-09 1:00 pm   Permalink

The Bobs are amazing!
What am I saying?!
They are ALL amazing!
Love your lines, style, and proportions. Mahalo for sharing!

Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-09 5:09 pm   Permalink

Your such an animal Mike!! Awwww, the fire! It's all about playing in fire isn't it ;-)

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-10 05:42 am   Permalink

These Tiki mugs are an absolutely new step on the ladder of tiki-evolution. Incredible professional work and amazing design, I dig that stuff!

View Profile of El Buho Send a personal message to El Buho  Email El Buho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 09:16 am   Permalink

MP, i lust after these, and am envious of you set up to do Raku. Stunning works!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 09:52 am   Permalink

Beautiful, beautiful work.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 2:19 pm   Permalink

Awesome!, Awesome!, Awesome!
Great color combos!
You Rock MP!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 3:18 pm   Permalink

I have really enjoyed being outbid on these MP

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation