FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New and old sketches by MP *1997-present* new pics added 4/10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
New and old sketches by MP *1997-present* new pics added 4/10
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 6:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Sandra Dee... I don't think MP has to worry too much... his vision is so unique... anyone taking a page from his notebook will be a pale comparison... and we know who had the brilliant idea first!

So, with that said...

Suffering Ku!
Suffering KU!!
SUFFERING KU!!!
SUFFERING KU!!!!!
...as mugs and shotglasses... so we can all afford them!

C'mon MP, don't leave us hanging!

LOVE all your designs... your choice of shapes and angles make me giddy with the thrill of viewing great art!

You have a drawing that looks like a Bob/Bastard inspired piece, where it's leaning up on one side, with a super detailed exterior, which made me realize what some your designs bring to mind for me... Frank Lloyd Wright's concrete block houses, like the Ennis House, the Hollyhock House, and others...

You are the Frank Lloyd Wright of Tiki mugs! Your pieces are, like his work, ahead of their time, and timeless... at the same time!

SUFFERING KU!!!!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 7:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-31 18:42, tobunga wrote:

Suffering Ku!
Suffering KU!!
SUFFERING KU!!!
SUFFERING KU!!!!!
...as mugs and shotglasses... so we can all afford them!

SUFFERING KU!!!!

YES!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-31 9:13 pm   Permalink

MP your drawings are creative and unique. Not only are you a wonderful artist you are a really nice guy. When I asked you if I could make Suffering Bob's, not copy yours, but use the idea, you were so cool to allow me to go ahead and make some. I've made 4. They are very different from yours, not a copy as you know and Dan hopes that you still have him on the list for one of the your mugs and one of the matching bowls. I'm still ready when you are for our Clay Day, cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 11:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the Kind words about the work and the S.Ku everybody.
Eric, Right back at you my friend. I am totally inspired by your work and
totally jealous of your tireless dedication to your art. It has been my pleasure to see your
art in person at Oasis all these years now. Cant wait to see this years new batch of stuff!

All of you got me excited about the KU thing so I did a little study just for fun.
I dont know if I will have time for a Carve/sculpt, but who knows.

Wendy, No need to explain yourself. Im not worried about it at all. Im hoping to get to the Bastard Bob done soon.
I know I keep saying that but life keeps putting it off. Tell dan its still on the list.

Here's My little Ku study

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-01 09:13 am   Permalink

I don't worry either, everything I do is here on TC, every step of the way. That's a wonderful watercolor or felt pen? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-01 10:30 am   Permalink

Suffering KU--yes! I would love to see you do that on velvet!

You are an original MP--not an imitator-and I think Eric is right--you are the Frank Lloyd Wright of Tiki mugs!

Those little Bob jugs you made for Oasis last year were so popular that I hope you do something with this year's theme--maybe Beatnik Bob?

I known you have been busy so I am so glad you are posting again AND showing up to paint at FI again--your work has always been some of the best!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-03 10:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sandra Dee, I appreciate it!

Here are some more sketches for your Eyeballs!

And a few mugs from last year

Square Bob shots from Tiki Oasis

Bumatay study from clay studio in Petaluma

MDM/Monster/Raku Vase

Friends

PNG/Bob Influence

Lone jolly Roger

Pirate Jugs

Hope you Enjoy! MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-03 10:21 pm   Permalink

More cool stuff, sweet!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-04 7:29 pm   Permalink

Way Killer

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-04 8:11 pm   Permalink

Wow are you doing Raku? I love those cracks.
I recognize the Barrel Bob from the print we have hanging in our home.
Dan wants a Barrel Bob really bad. Are you going to make one?
Wendy

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-05 1:57 pm   Permalink

You are out of control good, every mug is so different and so well designed.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-06 3:54 pm   Permalink

Fantastic Stuff!!

Big suprise I love the mugs. Especially the Tiki Bob mugs.

I hope you will be bringing them to Oasis again this year. I enjoy bringing one home each year.

Your square Bob stickers are the only mug stickers Mrs Chippy allows on our car.

Do you still have that King Bob? That was crazy cool.

Thanks again.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 01:36 am   Permalink

ATP and HangTen, Thank you again! Mp appreciates the support!

Wendy, not sure when Im gonna get to the barrel Bob. Ive only made one
handbuilt and Otto snagged it up at Tikiyaki lei-over gig. Yes that vase is raku, my friends
in town (the Mudbuddies) get together and raku once in a while. Raku is good fun!

Hiltiki, Thank you so much! I sometimes agonize over design. Im glad you notice,
Ive had some good teachers help me along.

Hey Chippy! Thanks a ton. I think I will have a Bob or two at Oasis this year.
Im so stoked that my mugs have become part of a tradition for you.
Are you talking about Royal Bob? If so the answer is yes, He's down in the Tiki Bar
with friends. Here are a couple of pics shot in Reesenik's backyard.

Here is a little photoshop sketch I did for a Bob Feather God or "Royal Bob"
I am waaaay into the Hawaiian style!

and speaking of the Tiki Bar, I had a little friend visit me today while cleaning up.

Cheers!

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 08:32 am   Permalink

Great imagination and creativity mp, the Bobs are better than the original and the raku vase is a beaut!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 12:01 am   Permalink

Thanks so much Cy, That means a lot! I do try to make some original stuff, even
if it slides off the tiki spectrum some.

Here are some more sketches to check out, Hope you all enjoy!

Here are some little Bob Jugs I brought to Tiki Oasis last year.

Cheers All!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation