FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-18 05:22 am   Permalink

See y'all there

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-18 1:58 pm   Permalink

ooh! finally a chance to meet you in person, I'm easy to spot I'll be the guy in a Hawaiian shirt with tattoos.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boo Tiki

Posted: 2009-08-23 1:41 pm   Permalink

We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the fantastic response to this event from everyone who plans to come and the artists who responded to our invitation... This is the first year for this exhibition and we hope that you will all enjoy the work of the artists involved and (weather permitting) a great day out by the sea. Puttiki '09 is set to be the first of a (hopefully) annual event and we are relying on Tiki-Philes to make it a success and add their input as to what they would like to see in future. We are hoping that next year will have a venue for art and a market place and then some evening events to turn it into a weekend of fun but, for now, we are limited to the art show (and the hospitality of a very new but very likeable Tiki bar) in a town full of awesome little shops and fun stuff to do.

Hastings has a variety of exciting, well priced vintage stores (clothing and furniture), a wild bunch of mini golf courses (that we are going to take over for next year's carving gallery... So enjoy them while you can hit the balls anywhere you like!) and a really nice selection of traditional seaside fun to take in once you have enjoyed the art (including oversized lollies and the legendary Crab Bucket). We are currently putting together a map detailing where you can find these treasures when you're in town... They are all well worth a browse!

As we have said, this year is going to be a small do that a few Tiki enthusiasts have clubbed together to arrange... We are extremely pleased with what we have organised and the incredible effort of the artists involved but with your initial support we can make it into a bigger event that will put a new Tiki bar on the map and bring Tiki lovers together for an annual day out beside the sea.

View Profile of Boo Tiki Send a personal message to Boo Tiki  Email Boo Tiki Goto the website of Boo Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-23 1:49 pm   Permalink

Tiki's AND Crab Buckets?!

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-24 12:28 am   Permalink

Radio two have just reported that the Met Office are saying it'll be the last great weekend of weather this summer.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-24 04:24 am   Permalink

Bearing in mind this spans a couple of weekends. Is there a specific Day/Evening with a planned get together?
I am free to pop over at time really, but my girlfriend Tamzine would find it difficult due to The Brighton shop (Vintage Magazine company - Brighton ( quick plug) ) being open.

looking forward to meeting some folks in person

Cheers

Tark

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 05:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-18 13:58, atomictonytiki wrote:
ooh! finally a chance to meet you in person, I'm easy to spot I'll be the guy in a Hawaiian shirt with tattoos.

So will I! What days will you be there?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 08:15 am   Permalink

Sure wish i could attend. Please post lots of pics for us Yanks.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-25 12:51 pm   Permalink

I'm down on the Thursday night and be in Hastings until Monday morning, should be a giggle being by the seaside.

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 01:23 am   Permalink

Heard that my art pieces arrived safe and sound.

Will post a sneak peak later in the week.

Can't make the first weekend, but will be there on the second Saturday. Might bring some more goodies with me...

Including my best golfing trousers...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 04:06 am   Permalink

We're gonna be there on the weekend 4th-6th Sept.

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-26 07:02 am   Permalink

Oh well so close maybe next time...

Talking of sneak peeks I've got the paintblog of my new painting "The Pupule Putter" up on my blog..

http://atomictonytiki.blogspot.com/

POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 4:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha from Frimley! Finally got two seconds to ourselves so Sian and I are intending to drop in for the opening on Friday night (29th). AtomicTonyTiki give us a call and we can arrange to hook up. If not see you there on Friday night. I'll bring a couple of different Bou'Hua mugs for you to check out! See one and all on Friday!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 4:38 pm   Permalink

After a three and a half hour cross country journey, to avoid the melt-down on the M25 we finally pulled up to a prime parking spot at the end of the road where HUNNY LU LU's is situated, right in the heart of Hastings town centre.

It was worth the trip! The bar is a real treat, fairly bijou but very homely and hosted by friendly natives, especially the exotic and oh-so coy, Emmali.

Emmali and Kessie (Lady-K to you 50s fashion aficionados) put a lot of effort into making this artshow happen and it really paid off. Great job guys...er...GALS!

Artists such as AtomicTonyTiki, Tiki Racer and from across the pond, 666 Photography (Gayla Partridge & Lisa Naeyaert), an artist now living L.A. who I wasn't aware of, Shannanigan (Shannon Finch) were showing some great new work as was Chris Osburn with his photography, artist Sam Knight's alter-ego 'Los Furias Tiki' and a tiki carver from Brighton, Trader Tark.

Shannon had only arrived in the country in the morning but had seemingly shrugged off any jet-lag and was only showing any signs of nodding off during some of my finest anecdotes. We had some pretty neat tapas in the Old Town and returned back to the bar for some more cocktails, I made mine a...enough said.

L-R: Kessie, Trader Jim, Sian (Exotic Tramp), Shannon, AtomicTonyTiki & Sam

The evening was a real breath of fresh (sea) air and I'm pretty sure the PUTTIKI Artshow will be in everyone's diary for next year! After we left the bar and some impromptu trading in the street, I had a quick 'second' molest of Shannon..."We always meet, greet and say goodbye like that here in England, I says". Sian and I bid our farewells and headed home, via the empty M25 and were back at Tiki Towers in one and a half hours!! Good driving Sian, it must have been the superb fruit fueled virgin cocktails you were drinking!!!!

See you all there next year!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

[ This Message was edited by: pocketiki 2009-08-30 08:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: POCKETIKI 2009-09-06 12:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: POCKETIKI 2009-09-06 12:46 ]

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Los Furias Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-30 3:32 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who made the effort to organise and attend this event (with a special mention to fellow TC'ers Blue Octopus and Family who trekked down to attend). Another mention must be made to Tiki Racer for including the recipe for his POTENT Engine Oil cocktail inside the glorious Pistoniki Mug. New Cocktail Recipe + Curious Bar Staff + 'Sophisticated Patrons Of The Arts' = Good Times. It really does hit/pummel the spot.

And, may I say, good work from the excellent hosts at Hunny Lu Lu's for turning Los Furias Snr. into a primo fan of the slow sippin' cocktail... Make his a Zombie!

View Profile of Los Furias Tiki Send a personal message to Los Furias Tiki  Goto the website of Los Furias Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation