FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New THOR paintings...featuring Marina and more!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New THOR paintings...featuring Marina and more!!!!
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 10:10 am   Permalink

killer works once again, Thor! your stuff truly inspires me to go straight to the painting corner and dive back in. thanks for posting!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 3:18 pm   Permalink

Incredible stuff!!
love the lizards

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 7:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks very much.... I am taking a break..just bought a new Kiln and can't wait to experiment!!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-21 8:27 pm   Permalink

They look like the covers of books that I badly want to read, but would never live up to the art on the cover. MAYBE if it was a choose your own adventure!

-KT

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-22 09:05 am   Permalink

Thor - as always you have shared some absolutely fantastic paintings with us. I love how life like your scenes are!

Please tell me that you are making prints of "Tentacle Difficulties" - that piece really stands out to me!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-24 11:52 am   Permalink

Dude those are Off the HOOK Very kewl .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 07:10 am   Permalink

Much Thanks!! I know all are being published. "Tentacle Difficulties" was a special piece I did based on brainstorming one time at a signing I did in Honolulu at the US Navy Exchange mall. I have a good size following of Divers and SEALS there and we all loved the idea of depicting some exciting undersea adventures...legends of the deep...etc. I will do one with tiger sharks soon....and maybe a 1960's Navy "frogman" with knife drawn like an old Loyd Bridges, "Sea Hunt" sorta feel. "Tentacle Difficulties" will be a limited giclee series of only about 50. You can call the Thor Gallery in Waikiki if you want one ordered.

I have done a lot of diving in many sites in the world, but my favorites have been the places where there is uncertainty as to what's around...dark murky water, foggy days with distorted visibility or thick kelp forests where ya almost need your compass to find your way out of down there are all recipes for imagination to make all things "bigger than life"!! Anyways...all these things inspire a painting.

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 07:20 am   Permalink

Tom-

Love your latest works. Simply amazing and as usual, inspiring for me. The undersea pieces are just magnificent.

Like one of the prior posts has already said - so many shades of blue just draws you into the scene.

Thanks for sharing. Hope to catch up with you again sometime. Cheers! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
machinelf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-27 12:15 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work!

View Profile of machinelf Send a personal message to machinelf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation