FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Exotica Girl thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
The Exotica Girl thread
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 2:25 pm   Permalink

Maybe not exotica, but definitely exotic.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-29 16:06, Murph wrote:
Are we looking at the same model and photoshoot on these two albums?

Yep, same shoot, same Warner!
Lesser-known shots similar to the Denny releases pop up once in a while - I made a list of the Warner covers that I know of up
here.

How 'bout:

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 7:08 pm   Permalink

Though it ONLY seems apparent with the knowledge of the background story, I really like the fact that (as I mentioned in my earlier post) she is holding her arms and hands in a "I am freezing" position, and clenching her teeth, -the story being that these waters are icy Lake Arrowhead.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-30 7:28 pm   Permalink

This is from a compilation LP (in Stereo) called 'Beyond The Reef'. I don't own a digital camera, but do own a scanner, so the full album cover isn't depicted. However, the important aspect of the album cover -- the girl -- is. And what a lovely girl she is! And though she isn't perhaps 100% Oriental or Polynesian, she isn't a Caucasion girl made up to look like one.

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 01:19 am   Permalink

OK let's see if I can get into the mix without stirring it up...
Blonds

yeah I know the shawl & dress may not be very exotica but she has that look in her eyes

How about redheads?

and then some...

And then just for a little swizzle, exotica or not...?

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 01:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-29 12:35, Murph wrote:
Here's one that subscribes to the blond exotic theme.

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 07:26 am   Permalink

I'm gonna have to say no the second one (and unlike Sven, I even have a little trouble with the first one).
The first one at least has the chair and the Hawaiian-ish cloth.

And she's naked.

The second is just a girl at a bar in modern clothing, drinking her drink and smoking a cigarette. I believe her looking at the camera is not enough to call her an Exotica Girl. Hot date yes, but Exotica Girl no.

But I like how the camera angle is right at table height - like the photographer/drinking partner is starting to slide under the table.
Like she's outdrunk him.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 10:54 am   Permalink

Before the WWII G.I.'s returned from the Pacific with tales of Polynesia, 1930's America looked to the "Dark Continent" for its Exotica inspirations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI2zW8m0r_g

Also why haven't we seen pictures of Dorothy Lamour yet ?

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2009-05-31 11:39 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 11:52 am   Permalink

Dorothy Lamour
Page 2 of this thread
this thread grows so fast, ya can't keep up with it

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whorton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-31 2:34 pm   Permalink

I don't know everyone, this one has always caught my attention:

By the way, the music on this album is, well, so-so at best. . . If anyone is really interested, I could point to a rapidshare for it. .

[ This Message was edited by: whorton 2009-05-31 15:04 ]

View Profile of whorton Send a personal message to whorton  Email whorton     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 2:57 pm   Permalink

If Walmart was around waaay back then, I don't think they would have sold some of these albums in their stores.

That sweetheart of Peru,
Yma Sumac was both the artist and cover girl. After all, she was an Incan princess (or was she really just a housewife from New Jersey?).

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-31 9:22 pm   Permalink

here a Bar top I did a while back with some realy kool Album covers .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-31 11:53 pm   Permalink

Best part of this thread, seeing some great pictures I haven't seen before. Second best part, going through records, books, playing cards, etc haven't looked at in a while looking for appropriate images.

Gauguin doesn't seem to pop up on TC as often as he should

and just because Sven asked for "her gypsy temperament makes her seem dangerous and seductive" back in the first post

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 12:10 am   Permalink

The Gauguin models are possibly the first Exotica girls ever, I agree. But what do generic nude playing cards have to do with Exotica or Polynesian pop!? We might as well scan all books with 50s and 60s nude photos and fill this thread with them.

Please be a little bit more discerning, folks.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-01 01:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-29 23:39, Murph wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-05-29 18:23, kahalakruzer wrote:

Ok. Not really, but in a weird way, kind of. If Annette
was wearing one of the outfits that Candy Johnson was wearing in the Beach Party movies, I'd say it might work.

Here she is a little closer to the topic

I guess there should be an Annette thread.
Nice thread Sven.

Pineapple Princess

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2009-06-01 01:23 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation