FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts new work on an old guy . . . last page . .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new work on an old guy . . . last page . .
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-15 9:33 pm   Permalink

PDrake, you actually do have something to brag about. Looks great!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 12:30 am   Permalink

der . . . .

wowowowowow, smoke if you got 'um'

listen hodaddies and any other hot rodders out there. i'm up for making whatever you want to tool around in.

these babies are thick and ready!!! ready to shift you into the next life! any make and model!

hehehe . . . this is what i made from that woody wax thing. i'm making aluminum ones tomorrow. hell, i could make these out of diamonds and they'd still take as much work. it's all in the clean up. this one still has some clean up to do. just thought i'd share it.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-17 06:19 am   Permalink

Smokin' is right!

Is this one pewter? Just drill & tap and you've got an awesome shifter, right? Speaking of tap, it would make a great beer tap handle for your bar.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 06:30 am   Permalink

That came out great. When do we get to see a solid gold one?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 08:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-17 06:19, MadDogMike wrote:
Smokin' is right!

Is this one pewter? Just drill & tap and you've got an awesome shifter, right? Speaking of tap, it would make a great beer tap handle for your bar.

it's bronze. i guess i should of pointed that out. pewter is not a bad idea. hmmm . . . .

the solid gold one is hanging around my neck. these babies weigh in at just over a pound.

foo'

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2009-06-17 08:47 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 10:46 pm   Permalink

well, now i only need to put a hole in it and a fitting for the shift lever.

i'm hoping to sell about 4022 of these.

Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 12:05 pm   Permalink

I pm'd you about the little orongo and will paypal you at lunch! Looking forward to adding him to my silver tiki necklace gang!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-18 3:03 pm   Permalink

I pity the foo' dat wears da solid gold tiki hed around his neck

Perry, my one and only casting project was done in pewter; a snakehead swallowing an onyx egg cane top (I'll post a pic here someday) I used pewter because it was cheap and I could melt it on the BBQ. But I don't think it's suitable for real art like yours; it's heavy and it's too soft & easily marred. Since you have the capability, bronze and aluminum are much better.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 3:25 pm   Permalink

thanks, mike. i use pewter for all my 14th century stuff. i cast it in soapstone. it's really authentic that way. pewter melts at about 400, so it's really easy to work with. it will still burn you. bronze melts at 1800 and aluminum at 900. you need an acetylene torch to melt it in small quantities. i have to use the furnace for the bigger stuff. there's lots of other variables you need to consider as well. you don't need to worry about those things with pewter and you can cast it right into silicone.

here's a pic with the freshly poured aluminum one.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-18 4:54 pm   Permalink

here's a little pendant i made the other day. it's a sterling silver koru.

i'm starting a new sculpt on a more poly pop piece tonight. it should be fun and functional!

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 11:40 pm   Permalink

well, that pendant went over like a wet fart.

i resculpted it and am recasting it tomorrow.

got some cool stuff coming up. i didn't think i needed to post progress pics, it's just a wax scraping. people know how to do that. most people have done it at one point or another on a piece of birthday cake. i know i have at grog's party. it seems the whole cake is melted wax from the candles, there's so many.

i'll put it up when it's a little further along. it still looks like a slumpy wheel right now.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 4:34 pm   Permalink

arrrr . . . .

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 5:45 pm   Permalink

neaat -o

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 6:20 pm   Permalink

Crazy details on that one.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 9:04 pm   Permalink

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation