FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts new work on an old guy . . . last page . .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new work on an old guy . . . last page . .
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-30 06:14 am   Permalink

I see a new wax master shaping up
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 7:21 pm   Permalink

yes, you're right. it's coming along slowly. i'm learning that the nicer the master, the nicer the end product.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 9:17 pm   Permalink

had to rework this a little. it's hard to please myself while thinking about pleasing others sometimes. opened it up and made it a bit more delicate. this is just a carving master. i'm going to have to mold and cast it in wax and then rework it a little. there are some flaws you can't see unless you look under a magnifier. those are much easier to take out in wax than in silver. it kind of turned into a double sided type of pendant. i can also inscribe the wax for my TC friends. i'll be making these in a small run, probably 5-10 at the most. i'll put them in the market when they're ready or hit me up anytime. mahalo!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 10:28 pm   Permalink

Perry, I like the new look of your pendant. It has a lighter and freer look!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 12:10 am   Permalink

the koru came out nice. the moai is looking good too. the bamboo is a nice touch.

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2009-07-03 00:11 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 08:47 am   Permalink

Perry! I got my Orango in the mail yesterday. It's perfect! LOVE IT. I immediately put it on my necklace so it now resides between a little silver Ku and a silver palm leaf that I made. I'll get a picture for you as soon as I can. Thanks!!!!
Oh yeah, and a couple of little resin moai's stowed away in the box! I'll be thinking of a way to use them on something! THX!

Retro Modern Wahine......Kiki von Tiki on etsy

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-07-04 08:50 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-05 08:57 am   Permalink

OLD

NEW & IMPROVED

P, I have to agree with Kiki- I like the new look.
What exactly is a "Fart" Koru?

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-24 23:40, pdrake wrote:
well, that pendant went over like a wet fart.

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 12:50 am   Permalink

thank you so much mike and kiki. i thought the rework was pretty cool, too. i don't know if i'll even make anymore at this point.

the little bird man was a cool little project and i'm glad it's appreciated. it made me smile as i made it.

i'm working on the new master marrrrrq!

it's a little blurry on purpose.

glad you looked, thanks, i owe you a drink.

p

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 5:17 pm   Permalink

Perry, did you re-work the "fart koru" casting or the mold?

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 8:50 pm   Permalink

mike, you can't rework silicone molds, at least i've never been successful at it. i reworked a wax piece from the original mold, then cast it in silver, then reworked the silver to finish it off. (i have a hard time working with this wax at this size in the vegas summer, i need to get some better wax.) it's now at it's second wax stage for additional smoothing and work. it will then get a final mold made for wax masters.

i'm finishing up the marq tonight and molding that up. the mold material takes over 24 hrs to finish, so i won't have a pic until probably sat. i just didn't want to show it in a globby, unfinished state.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 8:31 pm   Permalink

announcing your intentions out loud (or in written form online) is one of the best ways to see the gods laugh at you. the marq broke and i had to start over. that's why i make molds for the working wax pieces. at least i don't have to start from square one.

the fart koru wax finally got reworked and molded. here's a peek.

thanks for peeking.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 06:11 am   Permalink

I'm always very impressed by metal and glassworkers - danger and creativity!

Excellent stuff.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

thanks, robb.

i did a whole new sculpt on the marq. made me feel better. the guy i was working with has pretty much flaked. i have to buy some new equipment. that's why i'm liquidating stuff. my art is more important than my collection right now.

here's a preview of the marq. mold it up tonight and add the detail tomorrow.

should it be "woodish" or "stonish"? hmmm . . .

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 4:49 pm   Permalink

well, i think i'm done futzing with this guy. what does everyone think?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation