FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 08:58 am   Permalink

well.......i don't know about you all out in tiki land but when i get home i'm just going throw out all my tools away and set my garage on fire.....really, whats the point after seeing your guitar........maybe i should just collect stamps or something.

great @#$%-ing work man!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 09:26 am   Permalink

That is SICK!

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 09:31 am   Permalink

Mooney, Seems like I've been seeing this Awesome piece for awhile now, About time you shared the beauty. You have Really stepped up a few notches.
I can't say enough about how amazing this one is!

Heres a link yo that Wecheer Micromotor engraver for 44$
http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/WecheerPowerTools/WecheerMicroEngraver.htm

And here for $42.95
http://www.texaswoodcarvers.com/Tool_Catalog/Wecheer.htm

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 11:58 am   Permalink

That's Incredible!!

seriously, THAT is cool!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 10:23 pm   Permalink

Mooney!

Beautiful work, my wave sliding friend!

I think you've found your new calling!

Some wonderful sounds are going to come from that work of art!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-06 5:21 pm   Permalink

Wow, how cool is that! I really want to see how it finishes out.
Will you stain it, paint it? What?!
Bitchennnnn!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-07 5:43 pm   Permalink

Wow!!!You all are 2 kind!! Sorry it's been a while since a post busy with a few carvings and the Family!!!
Tiki Mango-Much appreciated words.

Texas Tikigod-Mahalo my friend!
Freddie B-Summer makin it to you finally.Thanks 4 the nice words brother.
Surfintiki-Your words are very kind.How you been hopefully good.your carvings look great.
Alohastation-Your stuff is lookin amazing and thanks for the mental smell!ha ha much apreciated and see ya at Hukilau!
Watango Productions-Mahalo mt friend for the kind words much appreciated!
Seeksurf-catchin any surf my friend?I appreciate the nice words.I just got lucky how it all is flowing together,but I have a couple more ideas for a couple more Guitars in the future,so I'll just keep havin fun as I go,alohha and get some surf my friend!

Laojia,Mahalo my friend!
benella-how u been my friend?hopefully good and you carvings R loking Good,I wasn't sure if my friend liked the guitar after all of you and your nice words I think he will really B into it!Mahalo for your always appreciated words!

Hilander-You and every one are all 2 kind with your nice words!Mahalo
Kirby-Mahalo my friend!
GMAN-Wow Have you really got it giong on over at your home with your carvings!I really dig you latest piece of art VERY Cool!!I'm glad that you like the AX!Hopefully I wont monkey it up now!Mahalo

Bohemiann-My wife got a good laugh at your comment and so did I!!!hahaha I wasn't gonna post the guitar a little laid back these days(just carvin and havin fun)and a little bad at the computer thing.Mahalo my friend!
Creative Chimp-Don't burn down the garage because I'll have 2 come put the Fire out (being a Firefighter and all)so step back and start Slayin some more Wood and havin fun my friend and thanks 4 a good laugh,Mahalo my friend!
Skinny dog-Mahalo and how are things in the windy city?I will be up im michigan for vacation in a few weeks and chillin on Lake Michigan,Mahalo my friend

Benzart-Thanks for your time Sensay!I very much appreciat it and hangin out carvin and I have a couple more Ideas for some future Telecaster carvings that I want to do.Mahalo my friend!

Tiki duddy-I'm a glad you like the Tele.Mahalo for the Cool words my friend!
Lake-You stuff is lookin sweet my friend!and you know me got 2 have a Surf flow glad you liked it!
Bowana-Mahalo for the kind words!I'm gonna Stain it and have a friend who makes guitars spray it Professionaly with a clear LAQ,so the finish will set it off but I still have a bunch of detail to go,Mahalo my friend

Wow you al are very kind with your words!I appreciate them all!Still alot of work to go on this piece to finish in the next couple weeks.Mahalo to all,Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-12 7:51 pm   Permalink

Jimmy, Has it been a week yet?
You finished yet?
Got More photos yet?
We're all drooling here, Need some updates soon!
See 'ya soon my friend.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 09:14 am   Permalink

bump

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 10:44 am   Permalink

mooney..... where are you with fotos of this most awesome guitar? i would love to see the finished product.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 2:34 pm   Permalink

Bump ... way to keep em waiting.... come on Mooney finish and post .......PLEASEEEEEEEEE!

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 7:26 pm   Permalink

Sorry but been on Holiday for over a month.just got back and am finishin a Tiki sign for a friend right now and wil be back on track with the Fender Telecaster. Sorry for the delay and Mahalo to all for the nice words,Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 9:50 pm   Permalink

Cool cool. You had some lake surf. That sounds like a good time. No salt but
waves. What event where you in that area for?

I had a good 8 days in a row of surf.
4 foot swell most of the days was OK.

Looks like I'm taking the summer off from carving thus far.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-15 05:36 am   Permalink

bump.... where are the pics

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 09:14 am   Permalink

Aloha to all and thank you for all the kind words! I appreciat it. After a bit of proddin from a good friend and most talented Artist(you may know him Benzart)I'm posting a couple other pieces that I have been workin on.wasn't sure about postin the tiki sign but Ben assured me that no one would fry me for carvin it at least I hope not.Mahalo to all!
The start of the tiki sign after I put all the wood together.

diddn't want to bore you with all the other pics,so here is the finished Tiki sign just in time for Surf Expo in Orlando.

close up of tiki sign.

I'v got a bunch more projects to finish and I'll post as I finish them. Mahalo to all and Aloha, your friend, Mooney

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation