FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Fender Guitar carve - finished 10-24-10
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 09:04 am   Permalink

Aloha to all!!!

TheBigT, mahalo for stoppin in my friend.
Thanks to all for stoppin by your all very kind.

Well the mask is all finished just have to put the back on it, so here are some pics. Some in low light to show you the lighting I've put inside the tiki so it POPs at Night and show a little more depth to the carving and the other pics with full flash to show how pretty the coconut grain is with the color added. Hope ya like,
Left side flash of surf scene.

Right side flash of surf scene.

NO Flash of right sied full. hope you can see the glow in the headress,nose nostrils and the tounge areas

left side NO flash glow in same areas.

close up left side No flash. I think the light makes the Wave Barrell sort of come alive.

Mahalo to all that stopped by I had FUN carvin this guy and thanks again for so many nice words in the past, Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 2:43 pm   Permalink

Oh My God!! That's CRAZY! You wired little LED'S?? They look like little magical jungle scenes, you wanna climb right in there (and get barreled!). WTF...Too cool.
What type of paint didja use?
Cool Cool Cool.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 3:09 pm   Permalink

Another paint splasher....and a great job at that!
Nice colors and carve on the headdress Mooney. Unique concept and
expertly executed. Mooney rocks!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGabe661
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-08 3:11 pm   Permalink

That looks awesome bra!

View Profile of TikiGabe661 Send a personal message to TikiGabe661      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 5:02 pm   Permalink

This piece is great, TM. The paint is spectacular and really sets this piece apart.. Beautiful. I sent a pm to get more info on this guy. Take care, freddie.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 03:32 am   Permalink

The lights are perfect on this beauty.

Well done Mooney, what's next ?

benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 07:53 am   Permalink

I have seen this piece with my own eyes and the photo does not Begin to show the true beauty of this guy. Really well done Jimmmy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-19 08:34 am   Permalink

This is really a neat carve buddy, love the palms and the wave!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 5:06 pm   Permalink

Outstanding! you keep hitting my soft spot surf, palm, beach etc.
Way to go love it.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-13 1:11 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to all for the Nice words! Much appreciated.
I've got a few comm going so a bit busy now, but here is a mask with lights as well (3 lights). He was pretty stoked expecially when we turned out the lights and I lit it up! I hollowed thur the 2 waves on the headress,the nostrils and a big opening in the mouth, and each area has it's own light lighting it up. I always get a bigger kick out of a carving when I see someone else so stoked and happy!To me thats what it's all about making someone elses day.
Here are a few pics.

Mahalo to all for stopping by. Have a Great day, Aloha, Mooney

[ This Message was edited by: MooneyTiki 2009-11-13 13:13 ]

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-14 8:21 pm   Permalink

Another great and creative tiki. Did you use different colored light on this one too?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-17 11:35 pm   Permalink

awesome work keep it up

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-21 1:19 pm   Permalink

Dang Mooney....Does Benno have you using mind bending drugz? Where did that H-doo come from? Forget it, I'm scared to know the truth. I'll go bacK to my Kave now.

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-18 07:24 am   Permalink

Sorry it's been a bit since I posted but the holidays kicked my butt a bit on the time end.
GMAN, Come out of your Kave my friend and no mind bending junk here just a Bent Mind on my part! LOL!!!

Tiki Mango, Thanks for the kind words much appreciated, and I did use 2 lights on this one,red and blue and it looks really cool in my friends tiki bar.
Marcus, Mahalo for the nice words and thanks for stoppn by.

Well to all my friends out there HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all and may you all be safe and happy!! Here is our christmas card to you all!!!! Aloha, Mooney

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-18 08:45 am   Permalink

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you buddy.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation