FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151 question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151 question
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 6:47 pm   Permalink

FWIW, here's an online San Francisco store that sells LH 151: http://www.caskstore.com/lemon-hart-151pf.html

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mick9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-19 6:43 pm   Permalink

just ordered some lemonhart 151 here in the fraser valley (B.C.)took about amonth to get it but went and picked up my order today.they now have a bunch in stock.40$ with taxes Cnd funds.

View Profile of mick9 Send a personal message to mick9  Email mick9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 7:16 pm   Permalink

Kappy's in Saugus, Mass. had a very healthy supply of Lemon Hart 80 and 151 this past weekend.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-17 19:16, rev_thumper wrote:
Kappy's in Saugus, Mass. had a very healthy supply of Lemon Hart 80 and 151 this past weekend.

Ssssshhhhhh!!!!!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-08 7:38 pm   Permalink

In CT, you can only get LH 80 proof. I've asked a couple of stores that carry that about the 151 and they said not available in CT...so, in addition to not being able to buy liquor on Sundays and holidays (or after 9pm any other day), best bet is to leave CT for MA where you can get the 151...on Sunday! I've heard about Kappy's in Saugus...worth the trip to Kowloon. I've also gotten LH151 at a place called Wine Sellars (in that area - google it). In western MA, I'd highly recommend Table and Vine in West Springfield...went there yesterday (holiday): they had LH 151 (no 80) as well as several bottles of Rhum St James Royal Ambre (not Hors D' Age, but may as well get what you can - see the other thread on that). Also had several bottles of Fee Bros. Orgeat and Falernum...and the one other thing I've been casually keeping my eye out for - Marie Brizard's Orange Curacao (recommended by the Bum in one of his books).

Now if I could just get Pimento liquor without having to order it from Jamaica, I'd be all set.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 07:31 am   Permalink

Just found LH 80 & 151 for a good price at Wine & Cheese Cask on Washington in Somerville. 80 was under $15, and 151 was just over $20. How 'bout THAT?!?!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 2:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-08 19:38, toofastjim wrote:
so, in addition to not being able to buy liquor on Sundays and holidays (or after 9pm any other day),

What the hell is wrong with your state? Or better yet, how come masses of people aren't marching through the streets with torches to get the law changed?

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2009-09-10 14:03 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 5:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Now if I could just get Pimento liquor without having to order it from Jamaica, I'd be all set.

Make your own with the recipe in Sippin' Safari. You'll like it.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-10 5:03 pm   Permalink

yeah - CT rules suck, but fortunately its a small state & not too far to drive to get rum. Tough to have to wait a few weeks for home-made pimento, but maybe I'll give it a try.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-24 1:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-10 17:03, toofastjim wrote:
yeah - CT rules suck, but fortunately its a small state & not too far to drive to get rum. Tough to have to wait a few weeks for home-made pimento, but maybe I'll give it a try.

Did you try it out? My current bottle is over half empty so I started another aging on the shelf, that seems to keep me from running out.

In related news, Kappy's in Saugus, Mass. had a huge supply of Lemon Hart 80 and 151 this weekend.

toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-02 7:25 pm   Permalink

haven't made it yet....maybe its just to easy to make a Mai Tai or an Ankle Breaker...and then its just downhill after that. Although now's probably time to start a batch - I the theory of starting a new one when the first one is half done.

TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-02 10:05 pm   Permalink

Surdyks in Minneapolis has Lemon Hart 151 now. The lady at the check out gave me the impression it was new to the store.

View Profile of TravnerRavenweird Send a personal message to TravnerRavenweird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fiji Mermaid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-17 3:50 pm   Permalink

I have just found a source! Martin's Wine Cellar in New Orleans will special order Lemon Hart 151 for only $25.99 a bottle. I ordered 2, but also tried to convince them to just buy a few cases and carry it. It seems like a good price. Mostly I've seen it around $32 a bottle.

View Profile of Fiji Mermaid Send a personal message to Fiji Mermaid  Goto the website of Fiji Mermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-09 2:38 pm   Permalink

Oh nooooo! I'm running low on Lemon Hart 151... Went to caskstore.com online and their software said they can't ship to Florida "due to state laws." Does anyone have any ideas (or personal success stories) on how I can obtain Lemon Hart 151 in Florida? I've tried, and exhausted, my local liquor connections who used to be able to order it for me at very reasonable prices. But now it's as if the supply has disappeared. I'll keep looking, and calling around, and if I do come up with something, I'll post it here. But I've been trying for a week and am at a point where I thought it would be reasonable to post a message here on TC. I've even emailed the US importer from the back of the bottle, Pernod Ricard, and have not gotten a response yet. I'm not ready to give up yet - this is a great rum for great cocktails.

Thanks!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-10 10:04 am   Permalink

Try drinkupny.com. They stock it and I've never had any problems with them shipping to Florida.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation