FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki 65 carvings Update 04/26/2011 New pics & links Pg 6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki 65 carvings Update 04/26/2011 New pics & links Pg 6
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-02 07:56 am   Permalink

AlohaStation: Thanks. I had the idea for years and just got a hair to start working on it. I will keep you posted on the development. I know as a graphic artist you have a lot of ideas and would love to see it go from 2D to 3D. I may do a very limited run in resin after its done?

View Profile of tiki 65 Send a personal message to tiki 65  Goto the website of tiki 65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 10:05 am   Permalink

Always start a new page with nice pics...

Quote:

On 2010-03-01 18:41, tiki 65 wrote:

Looking good for the PNG carving, and good job for the Rat Fink!

Cheers!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-07 5:57 pm   Permalink

Got a chance to finish the PNG piece.

Thanks for looking and everyone support.

Mahalo
Tiki 65

View Profile of tiki 65 Send a personal message to tiki 65  Goto the website of tiki 65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

Really nice carve, and great choice in colors! Is that stain or paint?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 6:45 pm   Permalink

That PNG carve looks great

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 6:46 pm   Permalink

luvin the RAE FINK!!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 05:15 am   Permalink

Fabulous work on the PNG mask, great carve and excellent colors.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-08 5:28 pm   Permalink

4WDtiki, Badd Tiki, and congatiki Thanks for the Comps on the PNG piece.
I first stained the whole piece with water-based walnut stain.. that's the dark. Followed up by dry brushing with acrylic paints (Craft paint). Sealed with dulcoat.

tikigodz: Rat Fink is always a favorite subject. I got to meet and talk with Ed Roth in 1992 and that little time talking to him had a very strong influence on me ever since.

Check here every now and then for other projects
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiki65/

And to everyone who just clicked in to look... Thank You. There is so much "Top Shelf" talent on these forums its hard to know where to start. Every artist on TC has helped inspire me.

Mahalo
Tiki 65

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-08 6:14 pm   Permalink

Major Skilz!! GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 6:42 pm   Permalink

hell yeah !!!! awsome stuff!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 7:10 pm   Permalink

Great PNG piece!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-09 08:19 am   Permalink

It's even better in person. Lots of detail that does not show in pics.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 02:46 am   Permalink

Way Excellent piece of work Tiki 65, the colors are Perfect and the carving is just Incredible. Do you have any more in the works?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-10 04:18 am   Permalink

GROG: Me thank you!

Big tiki scott: Thanks! I've been all over your thread. Wow what a great carver. Hope to see you at Hukilau.

TikiMango: After meeting you at Hukilau last year every time I go through your thread I am blown AWAY! Your incredible attention to detail helps drive me to do more myself. Thank you

Swanky: Its all your fault. The Hapa Haole Hideaway is covered in PNG carvings. How could I not be inspired. Thanks

Benzart: Always a pleasure to get Comps from a master carver. I do have plans to do some more PNG pieces and a Maori piece or two. Fortunately / Unfortunately I have other projects that seem to get intertwined with what I am doing. So I can't focus on just carving, but the sculpting and woodworking projects do help when I do go back to carve.

tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-24 5:36 pm   Permalink

Just a quick one that I did as a present for Mrs Swanky.

One piece of scrap pine, hemp cord, plastic bone and some stray beads/feathers.
Stained and painted with craft paint.

Thanks for looking.
Tiki 65

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation