FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tiki Punch is back in 1st place!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki Punch is back in 1st place!
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-04-26 6:49 pm   Permalink

I'll work on putting in a few votes each time I go online.... and if you get bored voting, take a break and check out their "Voodoo Rain" beverage link.... pretty funky stuff!

www.voodoorain.com

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CarvenImage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-17 3:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-03-28 22:02, Mano Tiki Tia wrote:
Does anyone happen to know when the voting ends? Just curious.

Believe it or not, the voting is still going on! We are in 3rd place now...out of first place by almost 300,000

Cherry Cola 473415
Black Cherry 348290
Tiki Punch 177083

Bummer!

View Profile of CarvenImage Send a personal message to CarvenImage  Goto the website of CarvenImage     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-17 6:15 pm   Permalink

Believe it or not, they have Tiki Punch at Food-4-Less if you are in the So Cal area. They also have a decent Martinique rum called Ibarra. Always in the last place you look I guess.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-17 6:28 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

Believe it or not, the voting is still going on! We are in 3rd place now...out of first place by almost 300,000

Cherry Cola 473415
Black Cherry 348290
Tiki Punch 177083

Bummer!

[/quote]

Curse those people at Cherry Cola Central!

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 3:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-17 18:15, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Believe it or not, they have Tiki Punch at Food-4-Less if you are in the So Cal area. They also have a decent Martinique rum called Ibarra. Always in the last place you look I guess.

Thanks for the info. I have a Food 4 Less near my house that I've never ventured into. This would be good incentive to check it out.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2011-07-16 12:02 pm   Permalink

This is an old thread but here's an update on one of the GREATEST TIKI SWINDLES EVER. If you haven't read this thread in, say, nine years: Shasta soda had an online poll to pick the "crowd favorite". TC stuffed the ballot box... it's quite well documented in this thread.

To give this some historical context: this was in the VERY early days of TC. Nowadays... one thread here in TC could probably produce enough response for a tiki flavor to win. But back then (early 2002), it was so unheard of to have *any* sort of product with the word "tiki" on it that it was a really big deal. Otto from Tiki News emailed his list with a request to vote for it; and this thread popped up on TC. People really rallied behind this and really got into it and followed what was going on.

So, what happened? Well, "Tiki Punch" soundly won the vote. And at the time, I worked half a mile from Shasta headquarters. Hanford and I discussed what to do, and decided that I would go into their office one day sometime in the near future and fess up to the fact that we had pranked them.

Just as I was about to do it... Shasta came out with all new packaging for Tiki Punch that loudly proclaimed "VOTED WORLD'S GREATEST FLAVOR!!"

This was, of course, thanks to us.

And due to this... they also slapped the word "tiki" on their new flavor variants. So after this all went down, you could buy "Tiki Punch Orange Mango", "Tiki Punch Mist", etc.

I saw that "VOTED WORLD'S GREATEST FLAVOR!!" packaging for years. It looks like it's finally kind of petered out... but wow, what a great prank! We (collectively) did it just for fun and to make a show of solidarity for the arcane concept of "tiki" that we all loved; and it ended up blowing up in a most hilariously awesome way, with far-reaching and long-lasting consequences.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-16 3:15 pm   Permalink

On 2011-07-16 12:02, mig wrote:
This is an old thread but here's an update on one of the GREATEST TIKI SWINDLES EVER.

Wow, a post from TC's original "Simian About Town." That's enough to get this old-timer out of lurk-mode. It also provides me the opportunity to finally confess that all along I was rooting for Tamarindo* to win.

Nine years? Hard to believe, but it was a kick seeing some of those old names when I re-read this thead. I miss a lot of those tiki pals. Where did everyone, and the time, go?

midnite

* Actually I was compelled to support something called "Zazz"...and I still don't know what the stuff is.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-16 7:33 pm   Permalink

Funny you should bump this now. I am in need of Shasta Tiki Punch and they don't distribute in my area anymore!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation