FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 08:41 am   Permalink

Damn Doug Horne, that is gorgeous!

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 08:48 am   Permalink

Damn, I wish I could make it to one of these parties! I'm just glad to know a new magazine will be coming in my mailbox soon.

Doug, the cover looks great! Looking forward to seeing what the colors really look like.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-08 11:04 am   Permalink

WHOO!! I just wrote my first article for the magazine on Cornado High (you can see the little sign on the right of the cover) and am SUPER EXCITED for this!!!! I can't wait!!!

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 11:04 am   Permalink

Who's Doug Horne?

Tiki Mag release hosted by GROG Promotions Ltd will rock. Be there square!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-08 12:36 pm   Permalink

Got a call from Nick Camara of Tiki Magazine, and he said that due to some trouble with the printing company, they won't be able to use Doug Horne's cover art this time, so they are going with the back up cover art by GROG.

GROG will have prints of this for sale at the Tonga Hut. 8 1/2"x11" for $85. Limited edition of 500. Get there early, because these are sure to sell out fast!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-07-08 12:37 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 5:57 pm   Permalink

Ah-ha!
Based on the tiki art featured on the New And Improved Grog cover for this issue, I see how I figure in as the Up and Coming TIki Artist!

Doug's cover is AWESOME!
I'm thrilled beyond words to be in such great company in this incredible magazine!
YAY!!!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-08 6:01 pm   Permalink

Nick called and said they got the problems fixed with the printer, so they are back to using Doug Horne's cover.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-07-08 18:08 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 9:00 pm   Permalink

Great cover Doug. Dig that smok'n puffer fish.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 12:46 am   Permalink

I don't know, Grog. You're certainly giving Mr. Horne a run for his artistic money with that super-lush "Oriental Trading Company Catalog" homage piece you created. Such use of color and layout... That stark white background speaks to my very soul! Were you channeling the photographic master Irving Penn when you thought of this? Oooh! The whole primitive moodiness of it has me all a-tingle!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 01:08 am   Permalink

What! Another Tonga Hut thread?...Doug, that cover is just stunning. You are definitely my favourite ever Tiki Mag cover artist of all time! (Sorry Ernie)

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 01:27 am   Permalink

Cover looks great. The colors probably looked wacked out to you doug, but they're looking good to everybody else! I'll have some Tiki Oasis previews for sale! New Pupu platters, hopefully my new mug will be finished by then named "Pupu." I named the new mug "Pupu" because they misspelled my older mug, "Papua" as "Pupu" in Jay Strongman's "Tiki Mugs" book and I thought it was a better and funnier name for a mug! And I'll have the usual other flotsam and jetsam.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 11:35 am   Permalink

Grog's cover, while very artistic, can be misunderstood as a suggestion for Tiki Oasis room crawl decorations...so I'm glad we're back with Doug's cover.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-09 5:16 pm   Permalink

Grog, love the cover you did, reminds me of a nightmare I had once.
A Party City tiki was chasing me all over the city and I kept spilling my Mai-Tai as I ran away from him, the horror ... the horror.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-07-09 17:16 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 11:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-07 22:09, Swamp Fire wrote:
Wow, the colors got whacked on that jpeg.

Hopefully this will better represent the cover art.

Looking forward to fun times at the Tonga Hut.

Ok, the colors are still a little whacked but it looks better, damn jpegs.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-07-07 22:11 ]

Hey Doug that is So awesome, electrifying as a matter of fact. I would love to have a print Marty, Marty Lush can't wait to her your jams man!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 10:50 am   Permalink

Is that a petrified fish in the lava rock on Dougs picture?

Truly a magnificent cover Doug!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation