FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 9:49 pm   Permalink

Got it Mai Tai!! I am posting more heads tomorrow!! I have the first lip plate pictured reserved at this point but more lip and others coming!! I might do one or two it lit show boxes like the one Frankies' bought from me for the Vegas Bar. Stay tuned! I need to keep these going so I have some unsold for Oasis!! lol! Either way..I will bring them all to make a good window display in my pool suite! Aloha!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-04 10:48 pm   Permalink

... I think they ARE real!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-04 22:48, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
... I think they ARE real!

Damn, I think you're right.
We should be checking the missing persons reports around Thor's neighborhood!

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 10:06 am   Permalink

YOU TWO TIKI TATTLE TALES!! GEEeeeeSH!! You think I get the heads donated to me as easily as parrot feathers?? Well...er, ah... ooops, I gave that one away!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 10:40 am   Permalink

My Auntie's gone missing!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BUFFBAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-05 5:25 pm   Permalink

THOR u hammered these outa the Park !!! Awesome heads. Realistic and very scary looking. BUFFBAD

View Profile of BUFFBAD Send a personal message to BUFFBAD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 10:36 am   Permalink

OK..per requested I am posting a few more of the heads here in progress. I will be working long hours to finish as many as I can close to a total of 20. What I am doing is responding to feedback here where there are some much higher end heads and some that are very simple and I can offer for a little less. This would be the case in a headhunters smoke hut anyway. Some heads would be a trophy, more elaborate if the victim was of higher tribal rank. Others would be more simple and less adorn.

These are turning out to be a LOT of hours of work. I have become VERY meticulous as to the details and I don't even want to add up the time per profit on these. But this is my passion once a year. I will be fully back to painting after Oasis. Because of this, it's not possible to do more heads after Oasis for special orders. I would take 6 months or more to find pockets of time I could devote to these other than next summer. One guy had to wait almost 9 months last year and I just don't want to do that to anyone.

Here's the next line-up. I have gotten a lot of PM's regarding pre-buying a particular head made as seen here. I am going to just number these in photos so that if someone wants a certain one and commits, it will be reserved. Again, it's first to show serious interest and payment..first serve. The first two posted earlier this week are, Lip plate Suya #1 and skewer lip #2. # 1 is already reserved. I also have at least 5 people asking to reserve one but waiting to see more pics. Remember to respond on this thread if you leave a PM and want me to check. I only "sign in" here once every day or two and just peek at thread response quickly several times a day. Ok......on we go!
Here's a line up! Some still need feathers or twine details or neck rings. As a side note..if anyone pre-buys and asks for a couple details I have not put on the head ass pictured I am happy to add a few things.

#3 Warrior given face paint. Symbolizes the skull as possessed now by the victor.

#4 Crowned warrior SOLD/RESERVED

#5 last years mold with this year's upgrades

#6 Ebony finish Suya. Grey feathers are just set here to see color. Pitch beads and grey and red feathers will accent this really deep ebonized Tsantsa.

#7 Suya lip plate variation SOLD/RESERVED

#8 The "Head Case" This is a head that I took many extra hours on with fine brushes and detailing where it is absolutely shocking. It gives the feel of an old museum relic in a themed glass case. It will have a low watt light in the top that beautifully illuminates every hair and subtle pore. The hair is real human hair acquired from a wig shop and carefully attached to this head. I showed this to a few friends yesterday who wouldn't leave the thing alone. One said, "It is the most wonderfully disturbing oddity I have ever seen! Price is set at $950.00 for this and I guarantee one will agree it is worth every cent if you want a center piece to a Tiki bar or establishment. I am thinking of putting a small aged little label inside like a museum would have done 50 years ago...we'll see.

More to come.......I am back to my lab. Will check the thread on and off today.

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-08-07 11:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-08-07 13:56 ]

HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-07 10:56 am   Permalink

Please reserve #4 shrunken head for HB tiki Roger Brittan CROWNED WARRIOR

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI

Posted: 2009-08-07 11:00 am   Permalink

i also send a pm with other information on it.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 11:22 am   Permalink

Got Ya Roger!

TasiTiki

Posted: 2009-08-07 11:26 am   Permalink

Aloha Thor,
These are simply extraordinary!! The Jivaro tribe will be contacting you for your recipe once they see these PM sent...
Cheers,
Marino

View Profile of TasiTiki Send a personal message to TasiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 11:29 am   Permalink

The one in the case is seriously mind blowing! These are amazing!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TasiTiki

Posted: 2009-08-07 2:13 pm   Permalink

Wooooooooo, #7 is all me
Mahalo nui loa Thor!!

View Profile of TasiTiki Send a personal message to TasiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 2:19 pm   Permalink

they are all amazing!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohashirtbob

Posted: 2009-08-07 2:23 pm   Permalink

Sent you a PM

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation