FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 1963 Hawaiian Vacation
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
1963 Hawaiian Vacation
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 4:25 pm   Permalink

Page 41

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 4:50 pm   Permalink

Wow, Kate!

Talk about saving the best for last. That is one awesome tiki menu from the Hale Koloa. Love the number coded explanation of the cover art, perfect for the mainland visitors.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 04:46 am   Permalink

Also a classic from the O.A. menu collection. Though I have never in all my years seen anything like Nr.5 as a "Spirit Shield from the Islands of Kauai".
Mistakes happen even in the most earnest attempts of educating people about Tiki.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-10 16:50, Dustycajun wrote:
Wow, Kate!

Talk about saving the best for last.

I agree, DC. That menu was the perfect ending to a lovely vacation. On the next page we end up back on the plane flying home.

Page 42

Page 43

Page 44

Page 45

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 02:49 am   Permalink

Thanks, Kate!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jensme

Posted: 2009-08-12 07:16 am   Permalink

thanks kate that was awsome. I really enjoyed seeing the scrapbook

jennifer VanOosting allen

View Profile of jensme Send a personal message to jensme      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 6:21 pm   Permalink

I have one last set of items to share. Although I mentioned earlier that the scrapbook was 46 pages, page 46 is actually an envelope containing a few odds and ends.

Here you go.

Page 46 or The Envelope

Back in May when I started looking through this scrapbook at Oceanic Arts, by page 3 I knew that I had to buy it. After sitting down and really going through it at home, I knew that I wanted to post it for everyone on TC. It reminded me so much of what this site used to be about.

I hope that you all enjoyed this trip back to 1963.

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 2:00 pm   Permalink

that was great.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 6:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-30 17:34, Tiki-Kate wrote:
This next page has some of my favorite graphics. I love those Dole pineapple girls.

I got a good laugh from the suntan lotion manufacturer telling users to apply more after they're done in the sun for the day to moisturize the skin and from the pride that Dole took in the massive amounts of spraying that they did on their crops.

Not to mention their pride in their "jiuce line".

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miehana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-09 3:38 pm   Permalink

Just spent a good hour revisiting this post. What a wonderful memory of a trip I would love to have experienced. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Van Oosting, and most especially to Kate.

View Profile of Miehana Send a personal message to Miehana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation