FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki the Big Stone Head thread!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
the Big Stone Head thread!
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 2:43 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for your enthusiasm.

I'll have pages from the actual book posted in a few days. Gary Blaney is busting his butt as we speak to make this thing look great.

Here is a sample of the thumb drive.
The printing on the real ones will be a bit darker.

By the way, this drive will be 1 gigabyte, and the eBook itself will probably be under 200 megs, so you can use this drive for other stuff too!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2009-08-22 12:09 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 5:53 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to reading the book James. Inspiration for the soon to be released Tiki Mag. cover art.

I had a chance to read your travel log on one of your trips to the island. Great to hear about your experiences. I hope to one day make it to the island, a guy can dream.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 8:26 pm   Permalink

b.s.h.!!!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 1:36 pm   Permalink

JT, are you still planning to see the next total solar eclipse on Easter Island? Is that 2010?

BIG STONE HEAD

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2009-08-01 22:30 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 2:08 pm   Permalink

I would like to make the solar eclipse in 2010 the impetus for the third trip to Rapa Nui.

Not yet sure if this will be feasible...

Are you coming with me, Phil?
Who else is in?

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-01 2:13 pm   Permalink

I am already in with a group that is going to Rapa Nui for the 2010 Solar Eclipse. I looked at two groups taking tours there. One is viewin the Eclipse from the hotel (the new Posada). The other has a site on the north shore with the Moai. Seeing the eclipse among the Moai was essential for me, and that group had a better tour and was cheaper, although we are not staying at the fancy new hotel. I can put you in touch wth the organizer if you like. I think he may still have some spots open. He is here in SoCal.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 02:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-01 14:08, tikibars wrote:

Not yet sure if this will be feasible...

Me neither, but it's a good dream to strive for.

BIG STONE HEAD

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:19 am   Permalink

BIG STONE HEAD!

Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 9:35 pm   Permalink

This book is going to be awesome - how could it be otherwise with such talented Canuck artists involved? TC's own Heather Watts (Travellin' Tiki) doing the cover and TC's Gary Blaney (Tiki A. Moaikingbird) on design duty.

I'm sure Mr. T's text will be mighty fine also.

Can't wait.

[ This Message was edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2009-08-04 21:37 ]

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 9:33 pm   Permalink

Hm, if I am to get third billing under Heather and Gary, then so be it - I'll take it!

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 11:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-05 21:33, tikibars wrote:
if I am to get third billing

I don't think you are getting third billing, James. Everyone knows BIG STONE HEAD is your baby. Can I buy one yet?

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 7:18 pm   Permalink

Nice work James!

The whole package is well put together, and I'm sure you are happy to see it all come to fruition after all the hard work.

Especially with a premier at Oasis!

Safe travels to you, and we'll see you in San Diego in less than a week!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 11:48 pm   Permalink

Hey Sweet Daddy, I was kidding of course.
I'm proud to have made this an international effort - and there are mo' moai in Canada than people think... they're in the book. Gary and Heather kicked ass and worked hard on this thing (as did Yankees like Holden Westland, Doug Horne, Chip Kerr, and Gina Haase, my other Big Stone Helpers).

Dave: yes indeed we'll see you at Oasis.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-08 12:05 am   Permalink

James,

Just got my Tiki Magazine in the mail today, enjoyed reading the article about your efforts. Look forward to BIG STONE HEAD. Hope to see you at Tiki Oasis.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 12:06 am   Permalink

BIG STONE HEAD

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation