FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-08 09:18 am   Permalink

BeadTiki, beautiful "bar towel"! If you're looking for border ideas, check out Tangaroa Glyphs. It's a free Polynesian font with lots of border design elements.

Wendy, your mug is looking magnificent! Beautiful rich colors and oh so shiny!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 11:33 am   Permalink

Hey guys, sorry but I'll have to bow out of this. I really had some fun ideas and was inspired, but my mom has terminal cancer and I haven't had any time to work on my ideas. Hopefully, next year I can join in the reindeer games!

Everything looks so great, I wish I had some time.

Thanks, Mookie

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 11:45 am   Permalink

Wow - MDM - thanks for that link. LOVE those glyphs! I'll probably use them for future designs as well.

I LOVE this place!

Oooooh! Just got back from that site and from downloading! Very fun! Can't wait to turn some of those into embroidery and/or beading patterns! Thanks again!

[ This Message was edited by: beadtiki 2009-10-08 12:52 ]

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-08 2:24 pm   Permalink

You're welcome

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 4:45 pm   Permalink

Im a little behind but I will be done intime!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-08 9:27 pm   Permalink

lots of Aloha to you, Mookie..I hope the transition to the next place for your Mom is as painless as possible...It's never an easy thing...I wish you much peace and joy. you're not alone.
we look forward to seeing your work at the next swap, or elsewhere, when your're ready!

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-09 06:42 am   Permalink

Getting close and there's some really cool stuff posted so far. Here's my contribution... Still has a lot more to be done. My flexshaft broke last night so it will be on hold for a few days. 3" Ku from the Aku Aku menu, carved in bone.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-09 11:02 am   Permalink

Great progress shot AlohaStation, lookin' SMOOOOOOOTH !!!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-10 8:31 pm   Permalink

Mookie it was so nice to meet you and Matt and to visit your lovely tiki home today, god bless, Wendy and Dan

ps everyone thank you for the fun critiques, I'm really enjoying this swap meet, every single entry is something fun that I think about during the day

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-11 08:48 am   Permalink

Got my Aloha Jhoe repaired with some Marx Magic Mender, seems to work real well. Now my Swap Partner will have 3 mugs to choose from (sorry, just one mug of your choice, not all three )

BUT WAIT!!!! They also get a FREE 5x7 framed print of the menu that inspired the piece!!!

Option #1 - Aloha Jhoe - 13 inches tall, 4 inches in diameter with removable hat. Features a straw hole in his right horn and a removable polyethelene skirt. "Aloha Jhoe" is inscribed on the back. You can even put a 151 soaked couton in the top and light it on fire like the one in
original Aloha Jhoe's. This mug has been repaired and the lid as a bit unstable (full disclosure ) but maybe my Swap partner has a soft spot for Aloha Jhoe.

Option #2 - Skipper Kent's Zombie - 4.5" T x 7" W x 7" D. Features a braided ponytail handle in the back and goldtone metal earrings.

Option #3 - The Polynesian - 7.5" T x 6" W x 8" D. Features clear epoxy waterfall and lagoon with outrigger canoe and phat lava glaze. Back handle is inscribed "Polynesian"

This was fun!!! Great theme and some great stuff coming up. I get my art swap and I get to keep 2 Menu Inspired mugs
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-11 09:30 am   Permalink

Mike you are super. A very talented artist, supportive to everyone, a hard worker, you go the extra mile and I'm so pleased to have you as a friend. Terrific art to choose from someone will hit the lottery with you. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-11 4:03 pm   Permalink

Thank you Wendy

Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 03:08 am   Permalink

ok.....
You ALL gave me a BIG slap on my face!! absolutely gorgeous!
so... I had to work a lot to make something on your level...
I hope this one is ok. (it's a mug)
Baļ

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-12 11:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-12 03:08, Tiki Baļ wrote:
I hope this one is ok...

You're too funny Baļ! That is more than OK, it's absolutely stunning!! Great work!

EDIT - Baļ, how big is it?

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2009-10-12 11:43 ]

palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 3:09 pm   Permalink

My oh My, Bai!
Again, lovely and poetic work!
I can't wait for you to do some molds, and make your work available to all of us!

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation