FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 12:44 pm   Permalink

Draw! Draw! Draw!

Swap! Swap! Swap!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 4:46 pm   Permalink

Im at work at the moment, will make an effort to make the draw tonight when I get home from work.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-01 9:55 pm   Permalink

Shoootz...

Deadline has come and gone, time was my enemy. No excuses, yet I find myself away again on travel assignment tonight. I offer up photographic evidence of my efforts taken this early Sunday morning Nov 1st:

+ A Painted Sunset...

This special sunset dedicated to my good pal BAY PARK BUZZY, who has provided countless sunsets to us all in Carving Forums. A colorful, warm and glowing sunset; in tribute and remembrance to BUZZY's faithful companion KIVA the wonderdog! Rest easy ol'girl.

++ A Hut...

A single spirit lodge jutting skyward... a building inpired by a Mauna Loa menu cover.

Add a little hidden LED flicker flame light...

Add even more special effects LED black lights...

A Canlis-inspired fern tiki and lots of tropical greenery...

+++ A DIORAMA +++

Encase all of these exotic elements inside a wooden shadowbox and glass framed lid...

Then finish with a Seattle: Polynesia-inspired, Claybord acrylic & ink painted "menu cover" to provide a secret hideaway for this wall display.

Classic Menu Art Poly-Pop Inspired Graphics...with a hidden diorama display... now THAT's TIKI??!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So "IF" my fellow Swap-mates deem my efforts worthy of submission... allow me to participate in the Tiki Art Swap... I require an extension to finish work and complete details?? "IF" allowed to participate, I'll gladly ship my artwork to its new owner by the 20th of November.

Mahalo'z for consideration...sorry I'm late....this was A LOT OF FUN!!!

JONESEY

****************************************************************************************************************************** Edited to update: 21JAN10
***************************************************** FOTO PHINISH...2010? ********************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************************************

First, let me thank Dawn for being so kind and incredibly patient. It allowed me to complete this piece with all the creative passion I could muster. Mahalo'z Sophista-Sistah-Tiki!

The finished diorama menu cabinet features:
+ Raised acrylic graphic & splatter ink on Claybord (cover art)
+ Color pencil & graphite on toasted newsprint (mug menu art)
+ Pyrography & watercolor (diorama frame/border)
+ Distressed, chipped & chiseled solid white pine cabinet, washed with woodstain, acrylic paints and sealed satin varnish.
+ Brass cabinet hinges & hardware
+ Polymer clay tiki
+ Acrylic sunset
+ Charred birch, bamboo and wire mesh A-frame hut (LED flicker candle)
+ Silk & plastic fern leaves, black foil, sand, dried moss, wood, and Mod Podge (faux lava and trees)
+ Two LED black lights

****Tiki mug artist homage includes:****
Bosko, Babalu, GECKO, jOnZ, Poptiki, Squid,
OceaOtica, Tiki tOny, and Vantiki

GREAT FUN! CHEERS ALL!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

[ This Message was edited by: TravelingJones 2010-01-22 02:53 ]

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 10:44 pm   Permalink

Jonesey - that is an incredible job. Even folds like a menu. My vote is you're in. Just so I can get a chance to swap with you...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 10:46 pm   Permalink

Very Impressive Jonesey! What a fantastic idea you came up with. I for one would be quite happy to wait until you were able to complete it should I be the lucky name drawn. In fact, I have a room that it would look perfect in.
Therefore, 8FT says "Let Jonesey in!!!!" Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 11:23 pm   Permalink

I think that's the coolest thing in the world!

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-02 12:22 am   Permalink

Wow!!! Amazing work everyone!!! Here is the updated list of those who have posted their final pieces... again, if you have a piece that will be finished within the next few days and you still want to participate in the swap just PM Hewey and sort something out.

- MadDogMike
- Tiki Lee's
- TikiG
- little lost tiki
- palapala
- tikiracer
- beadtiki
- Tiki Bai
- danlovestikis
- 8FT Tiki
- Sophista-tiki
- tobunga
- ZeroTiki
- Aloha Station
- artosaurus
- TravellingJones

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 04:15 am   Permalink

Okay, the swap draw is DONE! Once again there is some amazing quality and variety to the swap pieces, great work tiki peeps! Please PM your swap partner and exchange your mailing address, and get your hot little artwork in da mail!

The swap partners are:

Tiki Bai swaps with Tikiracer
Sophista-tiki swaps with TravellingJones
Beadtiki swaps with Tiki Lee's
Palapala swaps with Little lost tiki
Danlovestikis swaps with TikiG
Artosaurus swaps with 8FT Tiki
MadDogMikeswaps with Aloha Station
Tobunga swaps with ZeroTiki

With Christmas and holidays coming up, we’ll give the swap thang a rest till next year sometimes. Hewey out!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-02 06:13 am   Permalink

Cool stuff Jones, well worth the wait!

Hewey and Liana - Thank you so much, AWESOME SWAP! (I get some great Floridian work again )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 07:33 am   Permalink

Wow! What a great myndblowing assortment this time folks: Like I said earlier I'm just stoked at all the fantastic works of art created for this particular swap-fest.

Thanks everybody for participating in the first place, I look forward to doing this again sometime soon after the new year.

Oh yeah, I swap with Wendy Cevola (danlovestikis) and her Zombie Village mug? AWESOME, YEAH!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 08:27 am   Permalink

Wowz!
Jonesy shoots.........
HE SCORES!

your piece will look MARVELOUS in Dawn's Hut!
It will fit right in!

Awesome SWAP,Hewey!
Not a bad apple in the bunch!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 08:28 am   Permalink

Sweet - I get choose from 3 very cool mugs. I believe I'm gonna go with the Aloha Jhoe! Love adding to my collection of handmade mugs. Send me you length preference and I will finish off the pendant.

Jonesy - that diarama is way over the top!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 08:47 am   Permalink

omg omg omg omg omg!!! The whole time Im sitting here going " man that piece is soooo cool it would be perfect in my house , I wish I could have it." I feel completely special. ( not short bus special, just regular special) because usually I feel short bus special.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 09:17 am   Permalink

Jonesy -I am not in this art swap , however that is the coolest and most original idea
I have seen in awhile.You have an eye for detail....I really dig the work and vision
you put into this project.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 09:39 am   Permalink

YAAAAAAY!
I get a Kinny!
Can't wait!
WOOOOHOOOO!

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation