FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

Mad Dog Mike, great mug, the braid/handle is ingenious!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-20 09:35 am   Permalink

MadDogMike, love your mug. Ok I've got to do this too. Anyone who writes a comment should sign up. The more the better. Wendy

I made this mug one at a time for Dan and a few friends. I think I will start today and make one more for this trade. I used the photo from the Zombie Village menu and their post card to make a 3-D version of the Zombie. It was fun to do his 6 pack!

Jonesey thank you for spreading the word, you hooked me as did MadDogMikes mug, I want it too! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-23 7:13 pm   Permalink

Amazing stuff! I am so far in the weeds....Must continue work on art swap pieces...Right after this bump.

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 4:25 pm   Permalink

I just found this post (sorry I have been AWOL)... This looks like great fun, and I have an idea already... now from the planning stages onto reality

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 9:02 pm   Permalink

O.K....

I was in last time, and I'll be in EVERY time!

Now what should I do.....?

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 9:11 pm   Permalink

Yea Lee!
I cant wait to see what you create for this. now that you are in I'm gonna get busy and finish my piece.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 9:19 pm   Permalink

Deadline is end of October, correct?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 9:26 pm   Permalink

yep! you in Bill? my tiki needs a friend!!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-02 07:50 am   Permalink

OK, I'm hearin' a lot of talk but I'm not seein' much action - Don't make me swap with myself!!!!

Finished a second mug, guess I'll let my swap partner decide which one they want. This one is based on the menu of "The Polynesian" restaurant in Torrance CA.

I've got more pics posted on my
Platterful of Pp thread.

I'm enjoying this menu inspired art- I've got my sights set on this next

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-03 6:39 pm   Permalink

My Swap mug is based on the Zombie Village menu. The front has the Zombie and the back will have the girl and scenery. I love Mad Dogs entries but I hope there will be so many that we will not be able to guess who we may trade with. I have a long way to go. When the clay is done, it's baked, sanded and carved and then I paint it to match the menu colors. Come on everyone it's fun to be involved. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 6:53 pm   Permalink

Dang Wendy. I'm in

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-03 9:27 pm   Permalink

Wendy, absolutely stunning! The reverse side with the woman is incredible, the way the fabric drapes is so realistic. Is that polymer clay?
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-04 12:47 pm   Permalink

Hi Guys, it's Super Sculpey, very expensive but worth it. This mug will be for display only because I plan to paint the inside also. Thank you for your comments, I loved them, Wendy

Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-05 9:48 pm   Permalink

Great stuff there Wendy and Mad Dog! Man, could it actually be possible that I may just possibly get a Cevola Original that I've been craving for so long? All my begging over the years didn't get me squat!

So here's my "entry" in it's shaped wood and pencil outline form.
Any guesses which menu inspired it?

...how 'bout now?

Here's a hint: it's somewhere in this scan of the menu...

Hey! There he is! It's the logo tiki from Frankie's! I heard a rumor that it's a Little Lost Kinney design in the WITCO vein. Is that true?

And here he is all finished up & waxed...

He's made o' redwood, and measures 18" tall, about 12" wide, and about 2" thick.

Ya know what's kinda funny; Frankie's never had one made for their own place. All that tiki goodness inside and no logo tiki! Well, some lucky art trader's gonna get one, that's for sure!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-06 08:45 am   Permalink

Hi Lee, wow this year is shaping up really well. I love the tiki face you choose, great job. I'll post more photos later today. I worked on the girls arms and shoulders for 10 hours yesterday. Copying something is way harder than doing something original. Did you really beg me for art? Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation