FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Tiki Art Swap - Poly Pop Menu Inspired Art - Swap draw pg 13
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 11:46 am   Permalink

Whoa, so much nice stuff happening on thuis thread already....I had better get to work!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-06 2:23 pm   Permalink

Terrific. Did GROG do your picture? As far as sculpting I think I have finished everything except her hands and hair. Of course that's right now before those are done I'll find more to problem areas to fix. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-06 6:33 pm   Permalink

Great carving TikiLee. And your mug is progressing perfectly Wendy.

I started work on my next menu inspired piece, Aloha Jhoe's.
13 inches tall with removable lid and straw hole in left "horn", removable skirt made of 100 individually tied strands of poly twine.

Clay, the original and most divine art media - Genesis 2:7

Edited to update photo, didn't want to make a new post

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2009-09-08 21:08 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-06 6:42 pm   Permalink

Woah Maddog you are on fire!

Just letting you know that you wont get multiple entries into the swap though - even though you have done multiple pieces.. You will get one swap partner, and you can decide whether they get all of your pieces, or get to choose one.. But yeah, only one draw into the actual swap itself - as in, if you do three pieces your name doesn't go into the hat three times, it only goes in once..

Just making sure you know

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-06 7:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks Liana, I figured as much. I may just choose one to swap or I may let my partner choose. I will decide before the drawing so there is no confusion - I don't want this to be any kind of headache for you or Hewey.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 7:28 pm   Permalink

If Mike creates multiple pieces why can't he have multiple swapping partners?

I didn't realize there was a set "rule" on this since it would still mean that everyone in that swap would get an original piece of art. Doesn't make sense.

Mike you are making the rest of us look like slackers. Then again the deadline isn't until the end of October so I guess that means you are just first out of the gate ! and then out of the gate again. then again.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-06 7:44 pm   Permalink

LeleLiz I think Hewey can explain this better but I'll try.

Well if Maddog had his name in the hat three times then he would get three new pieces of art where his swapping partners would only get one.. I know the same amount of effort has gone into making all of those pieces - as in, Mike has done three times more work than someone who only made one piece.. But the idea is that everyone gets one new and original work of art.. Also, I would hate to be Mike if his name went into the hat three times and he got three partners all living in another country - the postage for such a heavy mug times three would be very expensive.. Mike can swap one piece in this particular swap - and if he wants to swap his other menu inspired pieces he can still do so but organise the swap himself personally.

It's great that Mike has been so inspried to make all of these new works of art - that's the whole idea of the tiki art swap! We want people to be inspried to make new and original one off pieces.

I do understand what you are saying Liz, but some people may not share that same view and instead of having to deal with possible implications down the road it is alot easier to just make a blanket rule.. A few people in the last swap made multiple pieces but their name only went into the hat once and they were fine with that.

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 7:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the explanation

I had no plans on making more than one piece but I was just curious anyways!

Thanks!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-06 8:00 pm   Permalink

Haha that's fine Liz

Now, let's see photos of everyone elses works in progress!

artosaurus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 10:06 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff so far.
This swap business is the most.

I'm doing a painting/drawing(?) of a made-up menu cover. I'm still trying
to decide which way to go. Here are some early sketch ideas:

L-R: Chet's Exotic Voodoo Room, Cafe Exotico & The Midnighter Tiki Lounge

View Profile of artosaurus Send a personal message to artosaurus  Email artosaurus Goto the website of artosaurus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-07 07:43 am   Permalink

Artosaurus (I see the art in your name), My husband votes for sexy girls every time. We love serious scary tikis. I look forward to more postings from you.

MadDogMike you are on a roll don't stop now. I keep going to this tread every hour to see if another photo, another project has been posted. The more the better, I think it's inspiring. That's the first time I've seen the Aloha Joes Tiki and you've done a fantastic job. I've baked my zombie mug and now starts the very long process of painting. By the time I'm finished I hope we have more from you and dozens from everyone else too. People drawn to tiki have the artists creative soul. Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2009-09-07 07:52 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 7:08 pm   Permalink

I ame absolutely gobsmacked!
Sadly, due to insane next door neighbor wackiness, I won't have a piece done in time. I hang my head in shame...

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 7:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-09 19:08, ZeroTiki wrote:
I ame absolutely gobsmacked!
Sadly, due to insane next door neighbor wackiness, I won't have a piece done in time. I hang my head in shame...

That's a shame but you know that you have until the end of October...I hope your neighbors don't distract you too long!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 08:43 am   Permalink

END OF OCTOBER!!!!!

Killer.
That means i can slack off till the middle of October...
YAY!!!!

put me down for something....artistic-like..

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:47 pm   Permalink

Hey, some of us clay dudes like that end of Oct. date

Ok, a long time ago on Hewey's swap thread over in the carving area, Paipo suggested a menu influanced swap...it was that thread that started me off on the idea of building the menu Cobra Mug...I've been playing with it a little over the past year. A few hand builts later, I have decided to cast about 30 - 40 of them. Thank you to all of you who have had dibs in on one of these one for sooo long now...finally, I am fine tuning the master and will build the mold in a few days....

Here is what I'm going to throw up on the table for this trade... 1 of the cast Cobra Mugs, glazed in a one off color just for this trade, and also this little hand built prototype shown next to the master... YAY!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation