FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ Tiki Ski? Anyone?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Ski? Anyone?
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-21 10:23 pm   Permalink

Making mugs? When the pow pow is a fallen? Fail! Mugs can wait! Yeah I said it! The mugs can wait! Anyhow I'm heading up on the 16th, gotta do this cheap. Anyone know of a lodging sharing deal?

Huh whatya know! You can buy your tickets in advance! $87!
http://www.mammothmountain.com/VacationPlanning/TripPlanner/Tickets/

[ This Message was edited by: IKABOD 2009-12-21 22:28 ]

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nate

Posted: 2009-12-22 3:06 pm   Permalink

Was just up at Mammoth this last weekend - the snow was amazing. 32F and just a little breezy. I was afraid it would be all icey since they hadn't had snow in a week, but it was awesome. There were no crowds either - we got lucky.

Even some of the areas with thin cover were still pretty thick. Not a bad place in the park.

Can't wait to get back up there.

View Profile of nate Send a personal message to nate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 01:19 am   Permalink

Still looking at the 16th to head up there. Lodging options will make or break this trip. If all else fails.. I just head to Snow Valley to make up my Ski Patrol time.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 02:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-29 01:19, IKABOD wrote:
Still looking at the 16th to head up there. Lodging options will make or break this trip. If all else fails.. I just head to Snow Valley to make up my Ski Patrol time.

I'll be up the earlier weekend, I could have offered you space in the condo then. Sorry Bro.

Actually I'm heading up to Mammoth right now for some early season turns.

Do you patrol on a board ?

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:52 am   Permalink

Why yes I do!

IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 10:56 am   Permalink

Every year I try to get something started with a Tiki Ski/snowboard event. This year is no different. I'm going to put my best effort ever to do just that. I cannot justify the expense and distance right now of heading up to Mammoth to do a group ski trip. I have a better chance of getting a group rate with the hill I patrol at. Snow Valley. Yes during the beginning and tail ends of the ski season Cali skiing sucks. But ya cant beat the rate! All day lift ticket for under $60! Now for a group rate at Snow Valley as long as I can guarantee 10+ skiiers and or snowboarders the rate drops to $48 per day at the top end for a weekend. Thatís if itís a holiday weekend! $41 per day for the garden variety weekend! Unfortunately this would cater more to the so cal Tiki skiers. Even so, its every skier for themselves! You drive, you find the hotel (I may have ability to get another group hotel rate depending on interest). Last year was a epic year, that I missed due to financial struggles. It was a strong El Nina, this year is predicting to be a weak El Nina. Still, nothing to be disappointed with. I say we go! This year things are better and Iím patrolling again.

Interested? Sound off!

hulahoney
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:02 am   Permalink

I haven't been on my board in years! I'd love to join if a group was going... count me in!

View Profile of hulahoney Send a personal message to hulahoney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:04 am   Permalink

No ski's..... Well then rent:
Adult Ski Package (skis, boots and poles) $25
Adult Snowboard Package (snowboard and boots) $25
Child Ski Package - ages 12 and Under (skis, boots and poles) $20
Child Snowboard Package - ages 12 and Under (snowboard and boots) $20
Helmets $6

I know the snow has yet to fall. I want to keep this simple but make it affordable as well. I can also look into finding a hotel nearby (Running Springs) if anyone is interested. Also, the Bar at Snow Valley may need to be schooled in Tropical Drinks, I believe this should be part of the trip. Helping our fellow man/woman learn to make proper Tropical Adult Beverages.

IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 3:31 pm   Permalink

http://www.snow-valley.com/explore_sv/trail_map.html

BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 6:44 pm   Permalink

Would love it - for a day or for a weekend! It's about time I busted another leg on the slopes!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 9:55 pm   Permalink

Tropical cocktails Hell,

Hot Buttered RUMS!!!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 10:04 pm   Permalink

plan every year.. got to-do it!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-24 10:07 pm   Permalink

Sounds fun!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-24 11:23 pm   Permalink

Maybe next year I would be down.
I have never ever been in snow except twice in my life time.
I would be down for everyone to point & laugh as I break my ass in the snow!
Plus who doesn't love midgets in skis?

aka The Filthy Midget

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-25 08:15 am   Permalink

I'm looking at sometime in February. That's usually the best time for snowfall. My option is to head up Thursday morning, so if anyone wanted to call in sick due to the winter flu. Nothing beats the flu better than a few turns on the hill.

I will be speaking with Deep Creek Motel in Running springs for a group rate as well. There is a couple more motels in Running springs that maybe worth while speaking to also.

Hmmmmmm, hobo BBQ in the Snow Valley parking lot? just sayin....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation