FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 10:17 am   Permalink

Just got another 6 logs, im up to about 15 now so i got my work cut out for me.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGwogGwog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-13 8:17 pm   Permalink

Hi, fellow West Palmian/tiki carver! It's an impressive collection of work you have! I especially like the last two and that 6 footer, ...that thing is awesome!

View Profile of TikiGwogGwog Send a personal message to TikiGwogGwog  Email TikiGwogGwog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 8:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for checking out my work. Where in west palm are ya? I'm out in royal palm beach. I just got around to debarking and sanding 6 logs. Gonna start carving tomorrow.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGwogGwog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-16 07:42 am   Permalink

That's cool! I'm right over in Wellington! How do you find logs? I mostly find mine while driving around town. I'm actually looking forward to hurricane season... probably rent a chainsaw and a U-haul! haha Stock up for the winter!

View Profile of TikiGwogGwog Send a personal message to TikiGwogGwog  Email TikiGwogGwog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-17 05:31 am   Permalink

I grew up in Wellington. Small world. I pretty much do the same, that cold snap we had during the winter produced a few good logs. My other hook up is through a landscape company, every now and then they can get me a good assortment.

TikiGwogGwog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-18 3:08 pm   Permalink

Yeah? Me, too! Class of 96' Just moved back to the area about 3 years ago. A very small world indeed! I just finished a tiki, but it's a mess (stain-wise)...not sure how I'm going to save it. I have a few small logs laying around, but I think I'm going to hold off a bit...in hopes off finding a 6+ footer.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-15 5:00 pm   Permalink

Ive just finished four new carves, just waiting to seal. I only have pics of the first two right now but ill post pics of the other two tomorrow. enjoy.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation