FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 1:11 pm   Permalink

Final resting spot.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-25 07:33 am   Permalink

Here are some updated pics of the first tiki. Finally got around to finishing him

I took the advice from some of you guys here and torched some parts then sanded down.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-25 7:20 pm   Permalink

there it is!!! sweeeeettttt!!!! that came out awsome!!! good color and tight burns!!!! keepem rollin !!! cheerz!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 09:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-24 13:11, claq50 wrote:
Final resting spot.

I like this. Cool stuff. Nice color.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 09:13 am   Permalink

Oh, and are you still working with coconut? Looks like you're doing pretty good with it!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 6:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. Yea, im still working with coconut only. Its been kinda a pain. I ended up tossing some logs due to exsesive rot. The biggest part that ive have to over come has been the soft pockets in the wood. It seems almost impossible to know where they will be, but every now and then ill end up hitting one and then have to rethink what i want it to look like. Ive been trying to find some sable, but so far no luck. I also was thinking of looking for some pine. The third guy is coming along nicely. Should have some new pics posted soon

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-13 7:47 pm   Permalink

I finally got around to start working on the third tiki. So far fo good. Hit a couple of snags here and there with the quaility of the wood, but ive been able to manage around it so far. I decided to go a little more simple on this tiki and try a different style. Im thinking i might add a guatemalen style head dress on him. I saw a similar head dress on a tiki in guatemuala last time i was there.

Rough cuts and before first sanding.

After first sanding

My wife caught a pic of me sketching the head dress.

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-14 03:35 am   Permalink

I like the long schnoz. Many of my carving are also well endowed in this area.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-14 06:15 am   Permalink

Yea I went with a different style all together the time. It's much more basic, but since I havnt tried anything like this I figured I would try.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-18 10:06 am   Permalink

Update on head dress. Just doing some of the minor cuts right now. Im going to do the deep set ones later this week, but it will give you an idea of where its heading.

Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-18 11:51 am   Permalink

Awesome third carve !!!
nice detail and character.

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-19 6:29 pm   Permalink

claq!! this guy is realy takin shape!!! luvin this guys charecter!! gonna stain and thane? gitter duun!! lol! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-21 07:44 am   Permalink

Another update of the work. Alot of small cuts in the head dress so its taking me longer then i thought. But im pretty much done with chiseling now, so on to the sanding. After the sanding im planning on torching some parts and then stain and spar it. Might add a couple of smaller designs into the head dress but we'll see.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-11 8:01 pm   Permalink

Finished carving, sanding, and staining the third tiki. I just put on the first coat of spar today and it altered the color a little, but it still looks reletivly the same. I post some pics when its finished later this weekend.

Finished the sanding and torching

Stain applied

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-12 3:40 pm   Permalink

The extra effort you put in this one shows. I like the crisp lines and contrast. What's next?

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation