FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-12 4:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks, After i put the two coats of spar on the color looks much better. As far as my next tiki goes, i was thinking of either an Moai or full bod tiki of some sort. I got to look at the logs i have right now and see what will work better. Ill post pics tomorrow of the finished tiki.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-13 3:12 pm   Permalink

Here are the finished pics.

My daughter likes this one

Close shot of head dress

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-13 7:40 pm   Permalink

claq!!! very cool glad i caught your finished pics of tis one !!! he awsome!! loooooovvviinnn the headress/crown thats the shiz right there!!! keepem comin dude were waitin!!! lol! cheerz!!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 4:17 pm   Permalink

Ah yes, he turned out great. Can't wait to see your full body carve. I've been dying to try one myself. By the way, cute kid. One day she will tell her grandchildren about how her dad was a tiki carver. Cool stuff!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 09:47 am   Permalink

Thanks,

I was looking at the logs i have right now, and im not to sure about the full body one. I really want to try it so i might just go for it. the one log is tall and skinny and the other short and fat. Im thinking about using the skinny one. What you all think?

Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 3:39 pm   Permalink

Very nice and unique. Great skills!

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-15 5:05 pm   Permalink

again great carve here brah!! as for skinny or fat thats a toss up! i did my first two full body tikis on stock that was 7and1/2"round (sqr actually)and 39" tall and thought that it was a bit narrow not bad but tight! as for short and fat theres not much room for head,body,legs unless his body position like sitting or kneeling squatin is in your desighn . but should be plenty of meat for arms in cool positions large hands and big feet if that is in your mind! all in all figure out fpr the most part your design and either sketch it on both or visualise wich one will fit better"let the logs pik" and last but not least I would probably lean towards the log thats in the best shape and will hold up to some searious carvin!!! have fun brah and def just go for it!!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:20 am   Permalink

Carvings are coming along nicely, this last head dress was Very nice. Keep carving and everything will keep looking better and better.
Search the web for traditional tikis you like and incorporate some of those looks into your pieces too. Yeah, Whats Next?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 05:35 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone. I hope to start work on the next tiki soon. I think I might need to toss one of my logs. I found alot of what looks like rot on it. So I think for now I will use the shorter fat log and be on the look out for a taller one.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-19 9:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. I hope to start work on the next tiki soon. I think I might need to toss one of my logs. I found alot of what looks like rot on it. So I think for now I will use the shorter fat log and be on the look out for a taller one.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 6:15 pm   Permalink

Finally got around to starting the new tiki. Its going to be a head only, still looking for a good log to do the full body. I figured in the mean time i would continue to practice. I got pics coming.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 6:16 pm   Permalink

Just started so i got a little way to go. But will give you an idea.

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 7:29 pm   Permalink

me likey likey!!!! good start!!! got the chain saw!? keep us posted!!! cheerz!!

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-20 08:55 am   Permalink

Just an update on the work. got about 2 hours in last night and got alot done. Plan on carving a little bit deeper, but just wanted to get the basic stuff done for now.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-20 7:24 pm   Permalink

YES, This new guy is gonna be Excellent, I can see his personality develop already. Nice deep details.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation